+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Spin off* Clean Freaks - Do you judge....

the messy folks?

Do you think we are lazy, or careless, or dodgy parents? or anything else?

If you walked into someone elses house and the surfaces were cluttered and the dishes were in the sink, and the laundry was in the washing baskets, toys all over the floor...what would you think? Please be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would remember that people have different values to the ones I have and that would be it really.

I don't like living in that sort of environment but like I said not everyone has the same values and priorities as me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trying4BabyNo1 For This Useful Post:

Areca  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im a professional house cleaner, so iv seen some shockers!!!

One place, i walked right out of seconds after i got there because it was just horrid.

I dont normally judge, however it depends on the circumstance.

Like if their is no reason for it to be that messy tgen yes i would judge lazyness.

But i dont mean like toys on the floor (unless it was like you couldnt even see the floor & been like that for weeks) or your recent dishes or stuff like that.

Its when its been a pig sty for weeks, & tge people have no jobs & just sit watching tv all day, thats when its a bit like come on, seriously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did you just come to my house?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tbh, I really think it depends on the circumstances. I have no problem with disorganisation, untidiness or clutter in anyone's house. It's your house after all! In fact, I kind of admire people who are relaxed about this kind of stuff - I bet you ( 'you' in general) spend more quality time with your kids!

I do draw the line at hygiene though. In my line of work I have had the unfortunate experience of seeing people living in what can only be described as squalor. As far as I am concerned this is not a safe environment for a child. By squalor I mean people who sleep in a bed full of animal faeces, have insect and flea infestations through the house because of food and packaging disposed of on the floor, mouldy clothes etc.

I personally find I am much more at peace when my floors and kitchen are clean. I have four indoor pets though, so in a way I have chosen this type of cleaning regime. I would rather have my pets indoors and vacuum every day than kick them out into the backyard.

I'm a bit of a hoarder and my house is by no means tidy all the time, but it is clean!

ETA Toys on the floor, dishes in the sink and a huge pile of laundry are just part and parcel of being a mum aren't they?
    Last edited by Mettie; 02-01-2012 at 19:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Bubbygirl

Its when its been a pig sty for weeks, & tge people have no jobs & just sit watching tv all day, thats when its a bit like come on, seriously[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly. I don't judge people who haven't washed up from last night AT ALL. Most of my friends are like that. In some ways it's great they are relaxed and they probably nag their husbands less than I do.

But I've known people who are just so so disgusting and grotty. One friend I used to know literally had rats running around the place. Another friend I don't see much, her house just stinks and is always so messy and foul there is literally nowhere to sit that isn't wet or covered in food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no problem with untidiness - I tend to assume it is more a lack of space issue than a cleanliness issue.

I have a problem with filth. If there are cockroaches climbing your walls, stale pee dried on your bathroom floor, and food decaying under your couch then yeah, I would probably judge you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    I have no problem with untidiness - I tend to assume it is more a lack of space issue than a cleanliness issue.

I have a problem with filth. If there are cockroaches climbing your walls, stale pee dried on your bathroom floor, and food decaying under your couch then yeah, I would probably judge you.
    This!

Sent from my Atari 2600

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opaque For This Useful Post:

Areca  (02-01-2012),FNT51  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am a major eat freak, and am always paranoid that people will judge me if I have things out of place, but when I go to friend's houses etc, then I honestly don't even notice!

As a PP has said above, though, messy is fine... Dirty is not!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Messy? No.
    Filthy? Yes.

Growing up, my best friends house was always in the same state. 6 seater dinner table and all kitchen benches COVERED in dishes. The parents refused to wash and left it for the kids to do it (3 kids, youngest 2 in high school, eldest working but living at home..so all old enough to do chores). The kids rarely bothered so the dishes just piled up. It disgusted me and I just couldnt understand how they could leave filthy dishes like that alllllll the time.
    They had a pool table that was ALWAYS covered in clean washing. The mum got sick of sorting it out and would just dump the clean washing on the table and the 3 kids would go and grab what they needed as they needed it. That was messy, not filthy. I didnt like it (my mum always kept a neat, clean house) because I just wasnt used to it.

Saying all that, each to their own and whatever people are comfortable with is fine. Mess is ok with me, I can understand a bit of mess.....but filth like days and days old dirty dishes and rubbish bin that seems to be always overflowing, yes I judge.