+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not feeling positive out my fertility clinic

A little bit of background. I was diagnosed with PCOS in September, conceived naturally somehow in early September and had an early miscarriage in October.

I was very excited when my lovely GP gave me a referral to see the gyno/ob I wanted to see when I got pregnant. The gyno/ob diagnosed my PCOS and gave me a script for Metformin and Femera and a referral to get cycle tracking and PCT done at a fertility clinic. Due to my MC I didn't do cycle tracking until my Nov cycle. It was a cancelled cycle. Gyno doubled my dose of Femera for the Dec cycle and and I have ovulated and had my PCT. Now in the TWW.

Anyone, my problem is that I just don't feel positive with the care I am getting. I just want to know if I am being a silly hormonal cow or if I should speak to the gyno about it.

Firstly, my first call from my first cycle tracking on CD10 the woman said I had already ovulated but to have another test 2 days later to check. I did that and then the next woman said I had ovulated and my levels were raising ok, just looked like it would be a long cycle. Which I though sounded right, when I have ovulated, it's usually between CD21 and CD25 anyway. Anyway, each I spoke to them they would tell me my E2, LH and P4 for that day and I was recording it in my phone just for my records. Each time I spoke to them they would say completely different levels for the test before.... I was really confused and when I questioned it they just went no, this is what it was. Then my cycle got cancelled.

Now with my second cycle, that went more to plan and I ovulated on CD15 (YAY!) and everything was ok. I had my PCT on Friday, which was quite uncomfortable and a little bit painful. When I was leaving the nurse said just to make an appointment with gyno/ob for the result and cross our fingers for the rest of the month. I got home and read the instructions from the gyno/ob and they mentioned blood tests on 7PO and 10 or 11 DPO. It was the weekend so I called the clinic today about these as they weren't mentioned to me. The lady was saying I needed a separate referral for these. I was confused because it seemed all part of the cycle tracking to me. When I read out the gyno/ob instructions to her, she said I should have told them at the beginning. Ummm... Ok but I thought it was normal practice. How am I suppose to work out what's normal and what's not. I'm reluctant to ask questions because when I get the feeling I am wasting their time.

Everytime I hang up the phone from the clinic, I'm confused, frustrated and upset. This isn't how I thought it would be. It's hard enough!!

Am I being silly getting worked up about this? I just feel like I am just a number to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you have every right to be upset, they don't seem to know what they are doing!
    On my tracking cycles I have a blood test cd10 and every day until ovulation. Then 7dpo and again 12dpo. Results are rung through every arvo and everyone knows what's going on... That's what it should be like

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My blood test start on CD10 and continue until i ovulate as well. Is just that each afternoon when they call through the results, when they compare to the previous BT the results are always different.

I was frustrated with my first contact with them. I rang on CD1 to introduce myself and get my instruction and my gyro told me. When I did, they said 'that gyro doesn't refer patients to us anymore so sorry we can't help you' and that was the conversation. Very confused I rang my gyno's office and got the receptionist. She said they still to send their patients there and wasn't sure what they were on about. She said she'd get gyno to call them. He did, and then called me to apologise for the confusion and that he had confirm with them they he does want them to see his patients. He doesn't know where they got the idea from.

I have a feeling they aren't as helpful for the patient that don't go to a fs based there. My gyno is based at a private hospital.

I'll see how my conversation goes on Thursday after my next blood test.