+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Breastfeeding during pregnancy -> breastfeeding 2 kids?

I am currently tandem feeding my week old newborn and my 20 month old son. My supply did decrease at the beginning of pregnancy but he didn't seem to mind. It did hurt when this happened but it did get better. Just be prepared that your toddler will probably increase how much they have when bub arrives but I have to say its a lovely bonding time for your children. I love watching my toddler stroking and holding his brothers hand while they are feeding...its really beautiful!

I suppose the only negative is the negative comments I have received about ds1 taking bubs nutrients in the womb and now taking all his milk. Don't listen to them and speak to your midwives if you are concerned. I found they were the most supportive..my doctor wasn't.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyDolly For This Useful Post:

Khhkate  (19-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following. I'm almost 7 weeks and feeding my 16mo. I'm interested in others opinions, I never really thought about tandem feeding until now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great post. Thanks for the advice girls. I have a breastfeeding 10 month old and am 6 weeks pregnant with my second! (I know crazy crazy) but I'm sure I can vent on here when I'm losing it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Khhkate how are you going??? Are you still feeding??

Boomchocolate vent away I'm now 39w4d pregnant and my ds is only feeding every couple days. He turns 3 in just over 2 weeks. But honestly looking forward to the bond that tandem feeding creates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi msbecb, no I'm no longer feeding. I stopped a few weeks ago when my little man was 18.5mo, about 16 weeks pregnant. I stopped offering as he was losing interest, but never said no if he asked. Took only a few weeks as I think he was "ready". I didn't mind whatever happened but think perhaps milk was getting low which made him uninterested. Good luck tandem feeding, it'll be hard work but a lovely experience too. X