+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Amway. Thoughts? Experiences?

Just wondering what people's views on Amway are?

I will explain once I have a few replies.

Ok, so here's the story:

Edited for privacy
    Last edited by Shoopuf; 18-01-2012 at 06:20. Reason: put story in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of the products are ok but its still pyramid selling so not much money to be made out of it unless your at the top of that triangle. Only bought it once and prob never again as I like earths choice now for a fraction of the cost. I also found the way some reps went about selling the stuff was a bit odd.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu 2 For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't realise Amway was still around. I remember being constantly hassled in the early 90's by friends who were into it, always trying to get me to listen to the 'motivational' tapes and become a consultant. I just don't like the idea of the pyramid selling, it only benefits those at the top. As for the products, they were ok, nothing to write home about imo.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (03-01-2012),Shoopuf  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My friend is currently trying to get me to buy in. I am not good with sales so I declined. But she did say that the person above her built herself up to 150k year salary in a few short years. It all sounded to good to be true for me, Yearly holiday bonuses and some other stuff she mentioned. Also, it sounded like you needed to build the "legs" to get yourself higher thus make more money and I just dont think I would have many people interested in buying in, so couldn't see myself going far.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    My friend is currently trying to get me to buy in. I am not good with sales so I declined. But she did say that the person above her built herself up to 150k year salary in a few short years. It all sounded to good to be true for me, Yearly holiday bonuses and some other stuff she mentioned. Also, it sounded like you needed to build the "legs" to get yourself higher thus make more money and I just dont think I would have many people interested in buying in, so couldn't see myself going far.
    Be aware that the person above her may have up to 50 consultants or more under her altho i find the 150k a yr a bit out there. Plus you would be under constant scrutiny to meet your targets ,reminds me of working in a bank lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu 2 For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Be aware that the person above her may have up to 50 consultants or more under her altho i find the 150k a yr a bit out there. Plus you would be under constant scrutiny to meet your targets ,reminds me of working in a bank lol
    Yep! this is pretty much the reason i declined, when something seems to good to be true, it usually is. I don't follow orders well either

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (02-01-2012),Shoopuf  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    Same.

Edited for privacy
    Last edited by Shoopuf; 18-01-2012 at 06:20.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg don't get me started on amway! My Step-mum is heavily caught up in amway and she has successfully managed to alienate nearly everyone around her - even her relationship to my Dad is now breaking down

Whenever we go there she raves about it. It is so annoying. She rants about 'residual income', and about how job means 'Just On Broke'. She rants all the time about how you can't be truly happy unless you have a residual income. My sister said to her 'But I'm happy', and she said that it wouldn't last It's like she has been brainwashed.

She spends very little time with her kids because she's always at amway meetings or trying to recruit people.

Read my reply in this other amway thread:

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...es-with-Amway&

Apparently amway products are AMAZING , but I don't know a single person IRL who uses them, except for my step-mum...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you mean products, most of them are pretty good...the cleaning products work great, thought I can't comment on their environmental friendliness as I have no idea.
    In terms of becoming a member/selling...I think it's like all of those things. It's a bit of a gamble. I went to a few seminars with my sister and BIL, and there were people there that had become really successful, but BIL never made a cent.
    I guess it just depends. If it were me, I wouldn't join. It costs money to sign up, and from what I've seen it's pretty challenging and rarely rewarding work.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Their products aren't BAD by any means - but they are expensive. You can get products elsewhere which do the same thing but for a fraction of the cost. And don't get me started on their vitamins