+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i am on dukan.
    its working for me and i plan to be on it for a long long time but i have lost 5kgs in 2.5 weeks!!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any diet plan. I don't know why but I like boiled food and also salad is one of my favorite food of every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weight watchers works for me every time as I can still have my treats and alcohol lol. Good luck 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally I have found the only way for me to lose weight is up the protein and reduce the carbs. Limit carbs to 1 serve- breaky or lunch, make sure you have protein with each meal, eggs, nuts, meat etc.I also cannot allow myself 'treats' or I have them all day every day hahaha! Lots of water, no sugar at all (except in fruit).

I also found educating myself nutritionally helped as I didn't want to eat junk food anymore. I felt more inclined to eat to nourish my body rather than out of habit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    1) Do not Diet. The word DIET contains the word DIE for a reason plus no shakes, pills, ridiculous plans based on deprivation will work in the long term. This must be about a lifestyle change.

2) My mantra is Eat clean, Train mean, Get lean. That means eating as clean and close to nature as possible, finding exercise that you enjoy and improving yourself wherever you can and realising that losing weight is the easy part - maintaining it for life is what is important.

3) Moderation. Do NOT deprive yourself of a drink on the weekends or having a sausage at a friends BBQ.

4) Finding balance. For me, 30g of fat per day is sensible and I find that easy to stick to. For me, my body is easily bloated by starchy, refined foods so I tend to avoid all breads, pastas, rice, potatoes, cakes etc etc unless it's a special occasion or when I feel like a curry, or a roast on the weekends etc. Also, for me, 1200 calories on Monday-Friday and 1500 calories on Saturday and Sunday with exercising 5 days a week is melting not only the kilos away, but inches as well.

5) Goals. I achieved my first goal last year, my 2nd goal is to be a certain weight by March and my final goal weight is set for June. I also break these down into mini goals - I really recommend this to everyone. If you have clear goals set for yourself it'll be easier to sticking to being healthy rather than if you don't have a clear idea/goal of what you actually want.

I used to be a yo-yo dieter and seriously, the only reason shakes, pills, silly plans are so popular is because it's part of a billion dollar industry. The reason people keep buying this crap is because it works for a while, then it stops...or the person using them finally feels soooooo deprived that they end up binging for a month or so then go back to buying it. These companies NEED you to fail so you keep buying their 'new improved' products

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation, as a lifestyle change. I have lost 22kilos since last August

My family eat super healthy and we work out a lot together

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the hcg diet and lost 7.5kgs in 3wks! It works but Is a nasty diet. Definitely not a long term one!!! But good to drop a chunk if weight like I wanted to do

I have put back on maybe 1kg and have been off it for a month I just eat healthier and less now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think different things work for different people.

I cannot be trusted to eat healthy. I am the worst at self sabotage.

For me the Dukan coaching works.
    I have to fill out a report everyday, with all my measurements, and they send me my daily instructions and loads of recipes.

this is the only way I loose.
    WW does not work as i eat too unhealthy.

This one will go for almost a year and so by that time I will be cooking differently and eating differently.
    I am about 3 weeks in..have lost 5.5 kg's and I have no cravings for junk.
    I watched my brother eat a chocolate cake and didnt even feel tempted.

I think it all depends on your own self motivation, time, knowledge and support. That is why there are so many different ways.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree, different strokes for different folks.

I hope you have more luck with the Dukan diet than my parents did. Dad lost upwards of 35kg last year and was the thinnest I've ever seen him...unfortunately that didn't last long as he's back to the weight he started. Same goes for mum. They couldn't sustain that diet for their rest of their lives even though at the beginning they raved about it so much that our neighbours bought the damn book haha, so while they lost a lot of weight very quickly, they couldn't go on following the Dukan diet forever and it sucks for them, especially dad They don't eat poorly now by any means- they just stopped following the diet once they'd reach their goal weights and wham, the weight piled on almost as quickly as they lost it.

Same thing happened to me years ago, not with the Dukan diet but with this silly 3 day diet I was on, and the soup diet, and that stupid lemon cayenne pepper diet, as well as every shake/protein bar/quick meal plan I've been on.

I do agree though, like I said that different things work for different people. One of my friends did Weight Watchers years ago and she still looks amazing - same goes for my aunty who did Lite N Easy for ages, she hasn't put on any weight since reaching her goals in 2006 .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I agree, different strokes for different folks.

I hope you have more luck with the Dukan diet than my parents did. Dad lost upwards of 35kg last year and was the thinnest I've ever seen him...unfortunately that didn't last long as he's back to the weight he started. Same goes for mum. They couldn't sustain that diet for their rest of their lives even though at the beginning they raved about it so much that our neighbours bought the damn book haha, so while they lost a lot of weight very quickly, they couldn't go on following the Dukan diet forever and it sucks for them, especially dad They don't eat poorly now by any means- they just stopped following the diet once they'd reach their goal weights and wham, the weight piled on almost as quickly as they lost it.

Same thing happened to me years ago, not with the Dukan diet but with this silly 3 day diet I was on, and the soup diet, and that stupid lemon cayenne pepper diet, as well as every shake/protein bar/quick meal plan I've been on.

I do agree though, like I said that different things work for different people. One of my friends did Weight Watchers years ago and she still looks amazing - same goes for my aunty who did Lite N Easy for ages, she hasn't put on any weight since reaching her goals in 2006 .

Oh thats a shame for your parents.

My friend has been on it now for years. She went from 110 to 70 kg.
    has never put any weight on and is happy living that way of life.
    She eats pretty much the same as before but just is stricter on portions and still does one day a week of protein only.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (21-01-2012)