+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trouble losing weight

I need a good diet! I always start one but always fall off it.. It is worth it trying pills or shakes? What do u guys use/do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use weigh it up. Just google the web site. You never have to go off it as it's a lifestyle plan and you just by your food and make the meals from scratch so learn some good habits too

Mother of two teens ttc #3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lib77 View Post
    I use weigh it up. Just google the web site. You never have to go off it as it's a lifestyle plan and you just by your food and make the meals from scratch so learn some good habits too

That looks really interesting. I'm definitely going to check it out as I really need to start working on losing some excess weight now that DD2 is almost 4 months old.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lib77 View Post

Thank you so much for sharing that website, DS is 4 months old and I have so much weight to lose and we have so many bad eating habits to change, so this website looks pretty cool

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pills/shakes have never worked for me in the long run because I put the weight back on. Also I feel they're stricter when it comes to what to eat. I do weight watchers now, but I feel that any diet that emphasises lifestyle changes is probably better than quick fixes if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was doing Celebrity Slim shakes, I used them prior to DS2 and lost 8kg in total, but put it back on during pregnancy. And just recently used them for 2months and lost 5kg in that time, I have kept it off. But I felt restricted and it isn't and ideal "longterm" fix, So I decided to completely change my eating habits. I don't follow any particular diet, I don't weigh my food or count calories, But an example of my diet is as follows -

6:30am Warm water with freshly squeezed lemon (helps kickstart metabolism and assists with weightloss)
    7am Breakfast, Usually 2weetbix and half sliced banana with skim milk or Porridge/Oats with skim milk and drizzle of honey. Some days I will have 2slices of multigrain toast with avocado spread on top or a boiled egg and slice of multigrain toast.
    9am-10am This varies on what I am doing at gym and how much time I have, but atleast 3days a week I am at the gym for 2hours. A general day is 45min of jogging and some weights or sit/pushups. I also do combat and spin classes twice a week (at the gym)
    11am Snack - Some kind of fruit
    1pm Lunch Again this will vary, Some days I will have mixed sandwiches (my favourtie fillings are celery,tuna,chives and mayo, egg&lettuce or just plain Chicken/ham with salad on multi and if I have mayo I use 110%fatfree) Or I will have a salad, usually just green salad with chicken or tuna, sometimes I will have a greek salad. Or leftovers.
    3pm Snack - Some kind of fruit or cottage cheese on ricecakes or matchstick veg(capsicum,carrot,celery,cucumber) with hommus)
    Between 5-6pm is dinner, this varies constanly, I still cook what I used to cook, but the main thing I have changed is my portion size.

I have also cut out Caffiene, Refined sugar and Alcohol. Will still have on occasion, but very rarely.

By doing the above I have lost almost 13kg since October (last year) I started out at 90.9kg and am now down to around 78kg. I started out taking small steps and built myself up, now it's just good habits and smart decision that still have me loosing the weight. Goodluck

ETA - I also drink 3L+ of water a day, sometimes I squeeze fresh lemon in. And I find the "quick fixes" work for me, as they give me that first bit of motivation to get me going, once I see the weight come off it is easier for me to stay focused. If you do go on some kind of diet (shakes,pills etc) My only advice is, you may gain a small amount of weight once you come off them in the beginning while your body gets used to the change, but so long as you don't go back to unhealthy eating, then you will keep losing weight.
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 02-01-2012 at 17:32.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

DQ  (02-01-2012),SpongebobMummyPants  (02-01-2012),sunshinebub  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks MothersInstinct for that positive story! Those are the stories that keep me motivated

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! That was all very helpful. Thanks for sharing your story too way to go! Keep up the good work. I guess I just need to find something that works for me n stick to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sign up for the 1 million kilos weight loss challenge it's free and you get a weekly menu to follow and exercise plan

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cakester69 For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Diets do not work! I find if i am deprived of something i am not allowed to have - i want it more!!! Lol
    Nutrition is key!!! Health is a balance of food & exercise- take a look at
    Losing the baby weight on Fb and the web - lots of tips, advice and exercises for mums ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/