+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone been to Fiji?

DH and I are considering going to Fiji for a week in Sept for our 1 year wedding anniversary.

So looking for recommendations of where to stay? I see the flight goes into Nadi. Is this a nice place to stay? Or are there better places?

Also after any other tips!

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to Fiji in 2008 for a couple of days.

I would definitely recommend you stay on one of the islands or away from Nadi. Fiji has alot of beautiful places so it's a shame to stay in the city area.

It poured with rain for the entire time I was there!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

Trying4BabyNo1  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm leaving for there tomorrow for almost two weeks so I'll pop back and let you know my thoughts upon returning!

We booked all of our flights and accomm last March and got great deals.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ElleB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Fiji although it was 7 years ago now, so I gather things have changed. I wouldn't stay at Nadi. It is much nicer on the coast or on an island. I stayed at the Hideaway resort on the coast that was lovely and then went out to Matamanoa Island its an adults only resort. I had a great time!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mordygordy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were looking there for honeymoon but decided to go somewhere not so far away from the kids I would totally recommend getting groupon though because they keep having really good deals (usually about 50% off normal rates!) for fiji, vanuatu, bali etc and at really nice places.
    The other one that gave really good deals I found was myfiji (just google).
    And whenever I go anywhere I check out the rating of the place I'm looking at on tripadvisor to see how it rates good luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tatia&shura For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Fiji a couple of years ago. We stayed at the Warwick. Our package was all inclusive every meal (buffet), alcohol, activities, accomodation, flights etc..... It was about $2200 each. It was the best holiday ever. Didnt have to worry about money when we got there as it was all taken care of. We went in September and the weather was perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to starla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trying4BabyNo1 View Post
    DH and I are considering going to Fiji for a week in Sept for our 1 year wedding anniversary.

So looking for recommendations of where to stay? I see the flight goes into Nadi. Is this a nice place to stay? Or are there better places?

Also after any other tips!

Thanks.
    my DH is fijian so i've been there 8 times. I'm actually heading over 28 january for 6 months!

there are so many wonderful resorts, it would really depend on what your budget is. definitely don't stay at nadi and i'd avoid suva (the capital) too. if you wanted to stay on the main land any of the resorts along the coral coast (warwick, naviti, outrigger, hideaway, etc) would be your best bet. i have stayed at hideaway numerous times and LOVE it there, however it's not what it used to be. i do prefer the rooms there over say naviti or outrigger only because they are done in lots of two bures (like duplexes) whereas naviti and outrigger is more hotel style accommodation (people above, below and either side of you).
    If you're on more of a budget there are a couple of nice budget hotels at Korotogo (also on the coral coast) casablanca and bedarra inn are two that come to mind.
    While the beaches are quite beautiful along the coral coast if you're into snorkelling/diving you'll be better off on an island. it is generally more pricey though. i have heard good things about malolo island resort, plantation island resort and castaway.
    if you're after something much less touristy i would suggest going to vanua levu (the second largest island) and staying somewhere around savusavu. it really is beautiful, and somewhat undiscovered in terms of tourists. this website lists a few of the better hotels/resorts there http://www.savusavuhotels.com/
    i would recommend, if you can, getting a meal/drinks package if you're planning on spending a lot of time at the resort you choose. it's an easy and usually cheaper option.
    if you want to know anything else just PM me, when it comes to fiji i can't even begin to tell you how much i love it and what an amazing place it is!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to LikuLiku lagoon for my honeymoon. It's quite expensive, adults only. Amazing food/wine if that's your thing. I can't say a bad word about the resort.
    We also stayed on Denarau island at one of the resorts (maybe a radisson) and it was good too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    We went in 2010 for 5 days and it was lovely. As we didn't have much time we stayed on the main land at a gorgeous little place called First Landing Resort. It was about a 20 minute drive from the airport.

The resort was right on the beach, beautifully kept and staff were super friendly. They had a place where you could book tours too so we took advantage of this and did a day trip out to some of the islands. This was amazing!

Next time we go I would love to stay out on one of the islands but definitely need more time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've stayed on the Coral Coast at the Naviti resort. It was an all inclusive holiday with all meals etc, (I declined the all inclusive with drinks). If you're looking for a relaxing, lay around holiday then a Fijian resort is great. I wouldn't write home about the beach, but that's only because I think the beaches here are much better. If you have children accompanying you (we didn't) the Fijian Nannys are gorgeous with them, they absolutely dote on them. The kids clubs are great too, all the kids would be taken off to do activities/water sports etc.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post: