+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Prank caller or what?

I was just reading a thread about phone messaging and it reminded me of what happened recently and might still be happening. I got a message a while ago from someone asking what I thought of their new haircut ,there was no pic and I replyed to them they must have the wrong number as I didnt know it. So anyways they reply sorry.
    Then a day later they ask what I thought of the haircut anyway and I replyed there was no pic and they reply would i like one. i didnt bother to reply any further then they send me a pic but its not the sort of haircut i was thinking of, it was a webcam pic of a bloke with the nether regions shaved.
    I had a bit of a laugh over it and even showed it to dh who became furious. I didnt hear anything back again and thought it was harmless and I have a feeling dh wiped the pictures as my memory has now gone from that month but now I am getting messages from another number saying "nice tops" (I have maternity wear on gumtree so i sorta thought it was to do with that) but I replyed what tops as I sometimes get strangly worded messages from gumtree customers from overseas (scammers) but those are on email not ever on the phone. So I get another message saying "ur tops look great for summer" and I replyed "what tops and who is this " but no reply back since and today i thought I would try to call the number and it just doesnt connect ,tried off my other mobile and the same it just does nothing no message, no ringing, its weird.
    Is there anywhere I can report this too or get telstra to just check the number to see where its coming from? it doesnt bother me too bad but then again if someone is using my gumtree details to prank call me then I would like them to stop it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah gumtree warn of this sort of stuff. I'll see if I can find something

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

lulu 2  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    theres a website where you can put in a number and it tells you who it belongs to - reverse phone directory or something

eta - its reverseaustralia.com
    Last edited by Mopoke; 02-01-2012 at 12:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is very common from gumtree ads, i'd just ignore them

the reverseaustralia site doesn't show any details for any of our numbers (2xmobiles and 1xlandline) and so it shouldn't. Privacy is a serious matter in Australia and there is a reason why we don't have reverse number look up like in the US and other countries.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jsma10 For This Useful Post:

lulu 2  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That site does work altho I think the numbers have to be listed in the white or yellow pages to be on there as my private number and mobiles didnt show any details but some friends did and it gives name and address and a map and demographics of where they live too.
    I only just realised the messages I got were off different phone numbers with the same 3 digits at the end , Hmm just rang the second number and got an australian bloke ,told him I got a message and he said he hadnt messaged me and i asked if kids had access to his phone he said no so I told him I am gonna report him if I get anymore messages and he acted dumb. Oh well we'll see.