+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    boysrgr8 is offline living with a constant look of OMG!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help with Mediation

Hey, not really sure where to post this so thought here would be a good start.

I am having troubles with the father of my child. He has been sending me harassing, threatening emails and wants to just show up at my house.
    I have told him he is not welcome to. I don't feel that it is constructive let alone feeling threatened by him.

I am wanting to get information on who to call to start mediation. Can we do mediation when we aren't logged in the courts? Any links to read would be great.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can ring the courts and they can give you a list of mediation services ,but if you dont have a formal visiting arrangment and as long as there is no ROs or anything like that then he has the right to have access to his child and it can go against you if you refuse even if there is threatening email messages. Is he wanting to visit his child or just to see you when he wants to turn up at your house?
    Last edited by lulu 2; 02-01-2012 at 10:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has never made the effort to arrange a formal visiting arrangement. We have a child who has Special Needs so have extra issues on top of just spending time with our child.
    I have offered many options, of which he has never taken the opportunity to accept.
    I have offered for him to have contact with our child at a public location, which he refuses and says he is coming to our home soon.
    I have given him ways to get information to me and he doesn't do anything to pass on any documents that he wants to pass on.

I have never stopped him seeing our child, I have refused for him to know where we are so we can live in peace and I can feel that my family is safe. I have asked him repetitively to outline a plan, he never does.
    I don't see that as refusing access.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Relationships Australia does mediation through their FDR (family dispute resolution) service. The waitlist can be up to 6 weeks, so ring ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boysrgr8 View Post
    He has never made the effort to arrange a formal visiting arrangement. We have a child who has Special Needs so have extra issues on top of just spending time with our child.
    I have offered many options, of which he has never taken the opportunity to accept.
    I have offered for him to have contact with our child at a public location, which he refuses and says he is coming to our home soon.
    I have given him ways to get information to me and he doesn't do anything to pass on any documents that he wants to pass on.

I have never stopped him seeing our child, I have refused for him to know where we are so we can live in peace and I can feel that my family is safe. I have asked him repetitively to outline a plan, he never does.
    I don't see that as refusing access.
    yep your right then mediation is the next step.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have looked at the website, just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just for people who were in the courts already. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is such a gut wrenching thing, thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope it's for people prior to taking the step to go to Court.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should add, you are required to attempt mediation prior to Court - so everyone needs to try mediation first.

If the FOB doesn't participate in mediation, they will issue a certificate which you can then take to Court with you to show that he wasn't willing to participate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He apparently went for a Location Order, do you know if I would have been notified of it?
    Last edited by boysrgr8; 08-01-2012 at 11:50.