+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Too hot today for the beach Dh!

Today will be 40 degrees!! (Full sun)
    I am almost 34 weeks pregnant and DS is 2 years old and DH is hinting that he wants to spend the day at the beach. We have agreed to go to an indoor swimming pool instead, but deep down I know he wants to go to the beach as all his brothers are going.
    I am just thinking about myself being pregnant and DS is that heat. I have a beach tent, but being 34 weeks pregnant I cant get comfortable these days, so lying on the floor is out of the question and sitting in the beach chair in that heat makes me already sweat.

This is more of a vent to be honest. I feel bad for DH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the indoor pool will be gross as well, it will be stuffy and blergh!

Why not let DH take DS with his bros and you spend the day chilled out inside with the air con on and total access to the TV!!!

Make sure you DS has long sleeves, a hat, lots of sunscreen and lots of water to drink and he will be fine!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will be 40 in SA Air Con is Gas and does not like over about 35

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Send DH on his own if he so badly wants to go!

34 weeks preg sitting in the 40degree sun is WAY to much to expect of you!!

If I were you I'd be heading somewhere with aircon (or staying home if you have it there), and avoiding the sun at all costs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We want to spend the day together and this indoor pool is a 'big fun park' with slides and a toddler, kids play area etc. I dont think it will be stuffy in there.
    But thanks for agreeing that it would be too hot for me out in the sun at the beach!!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh suggested the same thing and I told him to jump. Thankfukly this morning he has devidedhe can't be bothered going surfing, apparently the uv is 13 which we have never had at our beach. He said it could easily give you sun stroke with the uv that high especially in the water so tell your hubby to be safe if he goes.

Our ac busted, if it get to hot I'm going to movies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only 28 weeks and didn't cope with the high 30's we had here last week! No way on earth would I be going to the beach on a 40+ day. Unless like STVD said it was around 4:30, or first thing in the morning before it got too hot. We often go down later and DS loves it. But no way would I let him go all day in that heat either, and our kids are the same age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we usually go about 5 and have dinner near the beach that way its still warm enough for a swim but not to hot i wouldnt take my kids or myself to the beach during the day i wont even let my kids play outside in the middle of the day its to hot and sunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, we had a great day at the Indoor Water park, Dh went on some waterslides and DS splashed around in the toddler pool and played in the toddler activity area (mini water slides). I am so glad we didnt end up outdoor. I think even Dh was glad as it was still 38 degrees at 8pm!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love the sun and love the beach but once the temps hit 40 degrees (or even 38-39) I don't let the kids out. You can feel your skin burning as soon as you step outside (and I don't burn all that easily) plus your feet would get sooo burnt from the sand.

Much smarter to find something fun to do indoors!! Glad you had a great day!