+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I managed to work until 38 weeks with a certificate and then went into labour later that week.
    But as a pervious poster said I was pretty useless in an emergency too being huge! I would just take the scribes job!
    I always said as I knew I would have to carry on working that I took maternity leave with the baby rather than weeks before he arrived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did anyone find specialling easier while pregnant or did the constant sitting make it worse?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in theatre and we have to finish at 34 weeks unless we have a med certificate saying we can work longer. Its pretty heavy work at times so think I will just finish up then. I know so many nurses that have gone into labour early, the latest at 34 weeks....so there must be something in that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kazza - I think specialling is kinda double edged while pg.... However, it really depends on who you are specialling at the time.

Mental health pts (who are admitted under med or surg reasons) I'd say not good. Dementia - it would depend on if they are pleasantly confused or the aggressive kind. Post op OSA pts - I don't see any probs with that one...

I think specialling would be physically less stressful on your body as it stays relaxed in comparison... ESP if ayou're prone to postural bp drops or not.

HTH
    Last edited by OneNowOneLater; 03-01-2012 at 15:52.