+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Littlefeet, hope77 and Bellavista - how are my ET buddies going? I don't have my BT until the 1/3, when are yours?

lannie - 6 eggs is a good number. for fertilisation overnight.

Clementine - I didn't get a headache on the puregon but I get wicked bad headaches when my progesterone drops. How annoying are the effects of hormones?

jaseandalyson - those follies are sounding good.

Bronte72 - hope your TWW is not too long and painful. Yay for two embies on board.

mummyofaddi - how frustrating for you. AF never does what you want does she. she appears tomorrow.

peejay27 - I hope that line keeps getting darker for you.

Bonbonn - I get sore boobs from the progesterone too. There is no way I can pretend that it is a symptom as it started before ET. Hope your transfer went well on the weekend.

AFM - FET went well on Friday and FS said that he was pleased with it. Trying to not get ahead of myself. I did get asked today if I had "news" because I had complained about being hungry again after lunch . We spent some time yesterday with our new little niece. I can't be upset over her arrival as BIL and SIL also did IVF to get her. However, I was a little emotional watching my DH holding the baby and wondering if we are ever going to be that lucky. Okay, better get on with it as I am getting a little sooky.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask if anyone else is on a number of drugs/scripts like me. I've discovered an iphone app called Rxmindme which I can use to schedule the times I need to take different things. It sends me a reminder and I tick off my drugs when I have taken them. I've found it very useful because there have been a couple of times that I hadn't been able to remember if I had taken one of my tablets and now I don't have any problems. Perhaps it could be useful to someone else too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone. Haven't really been keeping up with what's happening here, sorry. I'm trying to keep myself away during my 2ww which is really only a 1.5ww.

How are all the other 2wwers? bonbonn, leafy, bellavista, little feet? Any signs??

I'm reading into everything too much I'm sure but yesterday and this morning, very strong metallic taste in my mouth, yesterday nauseous all afternoon at work and last night up 3 times to pee! Could all be too good to be true but I'm hoping they're some signs this one has worked.

BT on Monday so I'm probably going to POAS on Sunday night, just so I know what I'm in for with that dreaded phone call! Had a pregnyl shot Friday after ET so don't want to test before then.

Probably won't be back here until the weekend, have to keep my mind busy with things other than babies!! Good luck to the others in 2ww.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope - I am praying that they are all good signs. Fingers crossed for you.

AFM - Well, just heard back from clinic and today I'm not as happy. Out of 6 eggs, 3 fertilised. So, instead of doing a transfer on Day 5, they're now doing it on day 3 (Thursday). I can't help but think this is all because of their stuff up yesterday. I guess it's easier to think that than to contemplate the other reasons why the other eggs didn't fertilise. Saying that, I had 3 mature eggs that didn't fertilise last time, but I had more to work with then. Also, had one injection less this cycle then last cycle, which makes me wonder.
    My clinic only usually transfers one embryo. I'm wondering whether I should talk to them about transferring two.. I seriously just don't know what to do!! I guess they know best and they're doing what they think is right for me, but still questioning things. Just wasn't planning on transferring so soon! Grrrrrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummyofaddi - Hope AF has arrived for you now, very inconsiderate of her not to come when you want her too. Let us know how you go.

Peejay - How exciting!!!! Hope the line continues to get darker. Sorry if you have already said but when is your BT?

Bonbonn - I have also been having lower back pain and cramping. Not been that emotional but in the early days of being pg with DS I would cry at the drop of a hat. It was embarassing and although I suspected I was pg at that point I hadn't missed AF. Really hope that these signs show that you will be getting your BFP soon. for you, thinking of you.

Bellavista - I hope that your symptoms are also due to BFP. It's so hard, I am also expecting the worst, I keep stopping myself if I start to think I might actually be pg. to you.

Leafy - Hello I'm doing ok. My BT is on March 2nd. Are you going to POAS before BT? I am trying not to think about it too much but it is soooo hard not too. Must have been emotional to see your DH holding the baby, hopefully next baby he will holding will be yours. for you love x

Hope77 - Hello I was wondering how you were going so nice to see you back on here. I have had a few signs, only lower back pain and some cramping, oh and majorly sore boobs but I am used to that as I get that every month before AF. I'm trying not to read into it too much but hard not to! You're lucky your BT is next Monday, I wish mine was! Hope the POAS goes well, will be looking out for your post on the weekend. Best of luck to you.

Lannie - Have you talked to DH about transferring 2? I think if it's something that you both want you should talk to your FS about it. I know it's hard not to get caught up on the numbers but try and relax. 3 fertilised is still good. That is still 3 potential babies there. I had my transfer after 2 days so I don't know how it really works with when the transfer happens but if you have any anxiety about it talk to your FS and see what s/he says. I really hope that this is the cycle that works for you. Will be thinking of you and hope your ET goes smoothly. Let us know how you get on. and all my best wishes to you xxx

AFM - Just trying to get through 2ww. It is going so slowly!

to all xxx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

Bonbonn  (21-02-2012),lannie  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default crappy embies?

hello ladies,

sorry i havent been around following closely and supporting you all. I read in daily but have tried to keep myself a little emotionally removed from this cycle.

I had EPU on the 17th and despite my scans showing 14 follies they collected 21 eggs (not sure how that works) needless to say I was estatic. 19 were ISCI'd but only 10 fertilized. When I called in on day 2 I was told '3 look like they MAY be OOOKay, They cleved unevenly and are very fragmented, so not very good news'. Yesterday was transfer day and despite it sounding unlikely that I would make it to transfer I had two. But both the scientist and the FS said they did not look good and were of poor quality. One was a morula and one a pre-blast (cant remember what term they used). So now i have apparently 2 crappy embies on board and I am not to get my hopes up.. Gee thanks! I am also told that if it doesnt work donor eggs would be my next step... lucky me.

Anyway, anyone got any good news stories of crappy embies becoming healthy babes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Little Feet. You are so beautiful and supportive. I really hope that this is the one that works for you too. There are so many kids out there who deserve mum's like you but have ones that just don't care!! I'm a teacher and it makes me so sad when I see beautiful kids living in the most difficult of circumstances.

Apologies for my 'downer' rant before. I guess I'm just really bummed because this cycle our 'aim' was to try and get a blasty at day 5, as last cycle we only had a morula. Now we're not going to know. I know it could be much worse, so I just need to suck it up. Been doing so well till now!! Apologies for the negativity of this post, I promise there will be no more negatives from Lannie!!!!

Really hoping the 3 that fertilised are growing nice and strong. Still going to have a 'word' to my clinic about giving me one less injection than last time, not to mention about 'forgetting' to do HA! I guess they wouldn't have sent me for EPU if my levels weren't high, but still, not a happy camper!! still love my clinic, but they just need to get their a into g at the moment, so i can get a damn BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I promised no more negatives and there I went again! So sorry.
    Have a friend visiting me in a minute who has fallen pregnant naturally twice, after 2 failed IVF cycles! Then after that, off to visit my friend's new bub. Will see if some good baby vibes can rub off on me!

Sending my love to all of you.
    xxxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lannie For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (22-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Intrigue - I'm so sorry that I hadn't seen your post before I wrote mine.
    My scientist told me that she has seen the most unlikely embryos become babies, so don't give up hope yet!!! How many cycles have you had? Has this occurred in other cycles too? Seriously, the good news is, that they have made it to day 5, so that's a good start isn't it? If they were REALLY bad, they wouldn't have made it this far. Hang in there. If this doesn't work, maybe have a look at getting a second opinion from another clinic.
    Thinking of you hon and sending you big cuddles. Hey, and congrats on being PUPO!! Keep thinking positive. Who knows what the embies will do to keep growing now their safe and sound 'at home'!!!
    and
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry ladies, i can’t read too far back.

Bronte, yay for your transfer! Hope the TWW goes quickly for you.

Lannie, glad your EPU went well. Fingers crossed for a few good embies to transfer and a couple to freeze. Best of luck for your transfer

Little feet, hope you are going well and your little embie is making himself at home.

Mum of addi, hope AF turns up soon so you can start! It’s crazy to feel so happy when it arrives (when usually you are praying it doesn’t turn up), it always feels better when you are doing something rather than waiting. Hope you can start jabbing soon.

Peejay, thats great!!! How many days till your BT? It sounds very promising!

Bonbonn, hope you’re feeling ok. For whats it’s worth, i cry at the drop of a hat this cycle! One minute i’m depressed, then i feel happy. I think all the drugs wreak havoc with your system.

Bella, how are you travelling?

Leafy, glad your ET went well, fingers crossed for a nice sticky one. It can be hard to be around babies, especially when you see your fella with a bubba, and you know what a great father they would make. You WILL get there!

AFM – i’m a bit of a wreck at the moment, for some reason this time the puregon and cetrotide are making me feel really awful. I constantly feel sick and have really bad headaches, but i just feel like an emotional wreck, i keep bursting into tears. One minute i feel ok, then i’m anxious, then i can’t stop crying. Yesterday on the way to the clinic, a car ran up the back of me while i was stopped at the lights and i hit my head and chin on the wheel. No damage done, but it just scared the hell out of me. When i got the clinic, the nurse could tell i was all pale and clammy and she took me in to the back room to see what was wrong. Having DP’s family stay has been so hard. They are really just here for a holiday, not to see their son, as they will be here 14 days before he even gets home! I think they think the IVF is just a “headache and feeling a bit cranky”. I wish they had just called to ask me if it was ok to come, they just told DP this is the day we are coming and turned up. I can’t WAIT till this cycle is over.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Bonbonn  (21-02-2012),lannie  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Intrigue, sorry about your eggs. How many cycles have you done? If you don’t get good eggs this cycle, i’d sit down with your FS to go over what you can do. Do you have low AMH? I’ve heard that Metformin (which is usually for pcos) is good to increase your egg quality. I think royal jelly is meant to be as well? How do you know as well, that it’s the eggs that are the problem and no the sperm? Donor eggs seems like a last resort, there could be other things you can try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Looks like things are starting to get going, just got the call from the clinic and am having trigger shot tonight @ 9:30pm for collection 9:30am Thursday!!

Will update you all on thursday once i get some results of the follies.