Mum2one
    Disney
    Lillystar

Hanging out while on a break

Hopefuljen
    Midnite01

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Disney, fantastic news for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just did trigger shot! Woohoo! Please work so I have some lovely, mature eggies in there!

Hi to all. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney - Woo hoo!!!! Fantastic to have it made official. Love the pic of your 8 cells! Great you got a pic, I got to see my 4 cell emby but no pic!

Hubba - Hope you're ok hun, have been thinking of you.

BecInBliss - Sorry to hear you have been through so much already. 7 follies is still good. Remember it is quality not quantity. I only got 2 eggs at EPU but I was lucky both fertilised. for you.

to everyone else. Hope you are all relaxing this weekend and that you are all ok.

to all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lannie, hope your EPU goes well on monday

Disney, you should be excited!!!

Its so great looking at the list of BFP's! We got a lot this round.

Can i have a vent, to see if i'm being unreasonable?

I started my cycle last friday, and my partners family came to stay from interstate on friday. We have a family thing on next weekend that they are here for, but my DP won't be back for it, he's still working away. Now its not that i don't love them, but we only have a small place, and we currently have 3 extra people and they have invited some of the other family to stay next weekend. It looks like next weekend, i'll have 6 people staying. I'm already starting to get the yukky headaches from jabbing, and i just don't know how i'm going to look after all these people while i'm doing this cycle. They know i'm doing IVF, but i don't think they realise how hard it is.

My partner won't be back till monday week, (which is around when they were going to leave) and now they want to stay on an extra week, which will mean they will be here when we do the EPU and the transfer. I just don' think i can handle that many people in our house, while i'm trying to recover from the EPU. I feel like i have to look after them, make dinner, entertain my little niece (who i absolutely love to bits, i just don't have lots of energy) all while working full time. I feel like bursting into tears at any moment (from the stims) and i think after another 10 days of this, i'm going to be on the verge of a meltdown. My mother, who understands everything i'm going through, wants me to stay with her this cycle, but i just can't do that it would be rude.

Am i just being a crybaby or unreasonable? What do you girls think… I just wanted to try and make everything calm and relaxing while i'm doing our IVF cycles, especially as i work full time in a job where I have to use my brain a lot (and its not functioning well these days!). End of rant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Clem, there is no way i would have them at my house, u dont need to have added pressure arond that time.

I dont know about you but you need time to yorself, i dont think u being in anyway unreasonable at all.

Im sure they will understand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clem

As much as I also wouldn't want them in the house, family is family which means at times we need to do things we would rather not...

Maybe you can turn this around to your advantage...

I suggest speaking with them and say how glad you are to have extra help around the house right at the time when you need physical and emotional support. Explain that you are tired, suffering side effects and feeling very delicate and that without their help, you'd be left in a bad way. Put it out there that you can't be up and about running after them and suggest you all come up with a roster for meals etc so they know you can't be the normal hostess you have been in the past.

Unless they are particularly self-indulgent, most family members would be obliging with this sort of arrangement.

That's what I'd do in the same situation, anyway.

Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    CG - I must admit, I was cringing the whole time I was reading your post. How awkward for you!! I totally understand where you're coming from and don't think you're being unreasonable.
    As hubba said, being family they should understand. But, as bec said, maybe you could turn this around..

I suggest being really open with them. Tell them that it's great to see them, but not to be offended if you go to bed really early, etc... as the drugs and procedures are taking their toll. Maybe, considering DH is away, they think that they're 'helping' by being there. I don't know you exact situation, so not sure.

Anyway, be open and honest with them about how you're feeling and go from there.

Must say though, if my in-laws were planning on staying here I'd probably suggest they stay in a motel down the road... They're totally lovely, but have issues that stress me out at times and I wouldn't need that! So, I guess in your case, it depends on your family situation and what works.

HAve you had a chat with DH about it? Maybe he could have a chat to them...

Feeling your pain and wishing you luck!

AFM - well, just about to head into hostpital to see one of my close friends who had a baby yesterday! I'm very excited, but seriously hoping that I can hold my emotions together! After hanging out with my 3 pregnant friends yesterday, struggling just a tad. Oh well, it'll be me soon!!!!!! Yippeee!!!!! Just praying so hard that there are some decent eggies in there, and that this HA stuff does the trick this time.

Hope everyone else is going well.
    xxxx
    Last edited by lannie; 19-02-2012 at 13:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Clem - I definitely don't think your being unreasonable. You need to put yourself first right now so that you can get through the cycle in one piece and give yourself the best chance of success. Take the fear of being rude out of the equation - would it be less stressful for you to stay with your mum? Is that an option? Otherwise make your husband be the bad guy if need be - it's his family.

AFM - finding that I'm very emotional right now - think it's crinone wreaking havoc. Anyone else feeling weird from the crinone?