+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    jaseandalyson - you poor thing I know its hard but maybe try to wait until Friday and see what happens with that scan and then decide your next steps are? Hopefully between now and them you will get some great follies growing in there? Will send lots of positive vibes your way xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw jase.. Be strong sweetie.. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, does anyone know what questions I should be asking my FS tomorrow on my phone call?

Thanks in advance xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Jeb - my heart goes out to you, I hope you and your DH have been taking it easy

AFM, had EPU today, not as successful as would of hoped for, they collected 3 little eggies, however lab just called and only 1 was mature. My DH keeps reassuring that we only need 1, but I know the odds are stacked against it. Will know if it fertilises tomorrow when they call. My FS has already decided on a new plan of attack, and is looking at putting me on DHEA but wants to speak to us about it first, and also looking at another op for endo and also to take the tubes at the same time.

Hope your Mondays have been good to you.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MARTTC - I couldn't wait to get AF to start I just had no idea I was going to start so soon. Good Luck.

Peejay and
    Megs72 Good Luck and I hope they are sticky for you guys..

Jeb - I am sorry I have no advice of questions to ask as I have am only on my first cycle too.

Bear and Mum - I hope your embies are growing well and you have some to freeze. I hope your 2ww goes quickly and smoothly awith a beautiful BFP at the end.

Jase - Its so hard the scans hoping for better news then you get. I hope they come on strong and grow well prior to EPU for you.

Little Feet - I have been thinking of you also. Good luck with trigger tonight. I did mine at 7pm last night and I didn't find it any different to the Orgalutran injections. However, my tummy is tender today very crampy. Turns out all the others for EPU at my FS have been moved to today or Wednesday so I am his only surgery on Tuesday so I am his only patient so surgery shouldn't be late or rushed and the only one that the scientist has eggs etc to work with that day i have a terrible feeling my DH won't be able (due to disability) provide fresh sperm tomorrow so we will be using frozen i think.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update. The Fertility Clinic rang and none of the ones they left over the weekend to grow did any good but at least there are 2 in the freezer and 2 settling inside me nicely

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeb - I wish that I could just give you real life bear hugs right now, but these cyber ones will have to do
    I'm glad you ended up taking the day off, but I'm sorry to hear you were in pain. I really hope you feel better soon!

jaseandalyson - Sorry to hear that your follies aren't growing like they should. If you do end up having to cancel this cycle, I think a time out would do you good

Alison - Your DH is right, you only need 1. Lets just hope that this is the golden one!!!

Little Feet - Goodluck with the trigger!

everyone else!

AFM - Just nothing.

I'm not positive, I'm not negative, I'm just...nothing.
    Well that's not entirely true. I am DREADING my BT on Friday. Part of me thinks everything will just work out and I get a BFP and won't have to worry about all the other stuff, but then part of me thinks "you idiot! of course your going to get a BFN" and then I get sad.

I currently have an owwie headache and my throat is sore. Knowing my luck, I will get sick before I go to my sisters wedding, just to make me feel worse!

Oh, I wasn't sure if I was going to bring this up as I have been naughty, but it's really upset me and I need others opinions...

Since some friends came to stay with us a little over a month ago, DH has started smoking a little again after quitting for 8 months. I confront him lots of times about it, but yesterday we had a pretty big fight over it and he told me...

"You're the problem, not me. Why do I have to quit?"

I cried and cried and cried, then he told me that he only said it to me to, get this...

Put me in my place to show that HE isn't always at fault

I was/am BEYOND devasted and angry about all of this. I told him yesterday that if he is allowed to cave with smoking then so am I...so I had a few smokes
    I think that's why my throat is sore today. I have shocked my body.

I'm going to tell him (and please tell me if this is a good or bad idea) that if he doesn't quit smoking after our friends leave (which is when we come back from our 'holiday') that I am really going to start smoking again and NOT do another IVF cycle. That will of course break my heart over time and there is no doubt we will eventually seperate. I won't be with someone that doesn't help and support me in something that we are meant to be in TOGETHER, and I'm sure over him he will see me as just this infertile biatch and then go find someone else to have kids with.

Maybe I am over exaggerating or going over board, but this is what I have been thinking about all day.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It won't let me edit my post, so I'll add it here...

He said that he WANTED me to get upset so that I can see how it feels for him!!

He says that he gets stress at work and then stress at home, and with his lack of will power, he caved and started smoking again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    I'm going to tell him (and please tell me if this is a good or bad idea) that if he doesn't quit smoking after our friends leave (which is when we come back from our 'holiday') that I am really going to start smoking again and NOT do another IVF cycle. That will of course break my heart over time and there is no doubt we will eventually seperate. I won't be with someone that doesn't help and support me in something that we are meant to be in TOGETHER, and I'm sure over him he will see me as just this infertile biatch and then go find someone else to have kids with.

Maybe I am over exaggerating or going over board, but this is what I have been thinking about all day.
    Why would you jeopardize something you both want so much for a cigarette??? Ok so your suppose to be doing this together, but it's your family that your working towards. 1 not smoking is better than both smoking. DH is a smoker and I really don't care. I'm putting all this down to your hormones. Good luck and big

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Disney. I know how you feel about the smoking. I quit 18 mths ago and DH quit not long after but has since taken it back up! At this stage it's not affecting us as we are doing FET but he probably won't quit again if we have to do another fresh cycle. We don't have a clear diagnoses but I must say, we still had pretty good fert rates even when he was smoking! IVF is so stressful and I know my DH is feeling it too, which is why I think he's smoking again. I know it's hard and your DH really shouldn't have said what he did to you but he's probably just as stressed as you about it all, men just don't communicate too well sometimes!

I would just let him carry on, if your fert rates are good then him quitting probably won't make too much difference. Although I don't know your complete situation! Get him onto menevit, royal jelly & some zinc and it should counteract some of the damage from smoking.

Vitamin b for both of you might be a good idea too, fantastic for stress!

Do try and be good to each other though, it's hard enough without the arguments. DH & i have just relaxed about it all now, what will be will be.

Good luck to you, take care.