+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh its awful isn't it Jeb i'm the same, i have three friends who got preggers end of last year/early this year on their FIRST try. My SIL and best friend took 2 months for each kid to get pregnant. As hard as it is, it's still lovely to be around children, i'm sure all the little ones in your life will be giving you good vibes. I have a good friend I had coffee with this weekend, who is a terrific chick, very late 30s and still looking for mr right. She was getting so upset because she think's she has lost her chance to have children. Made me feel very fortunate to at least have found a great guy, and to be trying for a child. I am sure we will all get there in the end.

I reckon its better not to tell everyone, then you don't have to tell everyone it didn't work.

So it's not just me then bonbonn. God IVF can be tough! I feel so blooby and gross. I find too, that the stims and even afterwards, make me feel so tired, the last thing i feel like doing is going to the gym. I struggle to walk the dog. Good luck for your FET this week

Bear, congrats on your transfer!! So glad you made it all the way through!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeb - so sorry to hear your news hun. I hope you're able to move on and try again soon, I found that the best way to cope. The first time not working was an absolute shock, I was convinced it would only take one time. Like others have said though they do say it takes a few attempts to get everything right. You will get there, you have plenty of time at 28. Wish we'd started when I was in my 20's! Take care of yourself.

Bellavista - I'm having trouble with toileting as well!! Couldn't work out what it was, must have been my trigger. Not sure about Gonal as I've always been on puregon and never had issues. It's probably the trigger! Good luck with your pick up on valentines day, hope DH spoils you that night!

Clementine - I put on weight with my cycles as well, I've actually put on close to 10kgs in the last 12 months of cycling, mainly my tummy and hip area which is very frustrating, I've had to buy all bigger sized pants as I can barely do the old ones up. Was just starting to lose it and feel good again in January but I'd say I've put on another kilo or so just with this FET. My FS says that IVF doesn't make you gain weight but it sure does with me. Don't stress, it'll fall off after a couple of months!

Peejay and Megs - good luck with your transfers, will be thinking of you. We can share atleast part of the 2WW!

Bonbonn - will be great to have you along for the TWW

AFM - am now on to taking my antibiotics, steroids and oestrogen so no doubt that's all affecting my weight. DH says he'd love to take a few steroids for his gym work outs this week lol. Will also start Clexane injections after transfer on Friday. Whatever it takes! It's all supposed to help with implantation so I'll leave it to the experts.

Have a great week everyone, fingers crossed my embie survives the thaw Thursday!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hope77 For This Useful Post:

Bonbonn  (14-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, I'm getting ahead of myself here but DH and I were talking about if we get a bfp this time, then what?
    When do you have the first ultrasound? Do you book into the hospital as soon as you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks hope... I'm trying to work out how I'm going to keep it together at work when I keep breaking down.. I walk over to DH to say how my stomach hurts and I'm breaking down and crying uncontrollably.. I don't know how I'm supposed to keep a happy face and act normal.. How do I do it? Someone please help cos I dont know how too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Jeb:-( I wish I could say something to help take the hurt away or to help you in some way but I can't. Is there anyway you can ake a few more days off work??? Right now I think you need to try to take time for you. Big and lots of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bear - I wish I could take time off but I can't.. I wish that they'd give me the capability to work from home but they don't.. I'm a ticking time bomb.. I can feel it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peejay - I can understand your worry about the risk with twins but at the same time how exciting. Will be thinking of you and Megs72 on Wed with your transfer. That's my day for EPU, I will be doing the trigger tonight, so let's hope there are some eggs there.

Jeb - So so sorry to hear AF came. I wish there was something I could say that could take away the hurt and pain you are going through right now but sadly I don't think there is anything I can say that will help. Please try and be gentle with yourself at this time. Easier said than done I know. If you need to let it out we are all here for you Thinking of you xxxx

Bear and Mum - How exciting!! Hopefully some more of your embys ahve grown and you have some more frosties! Good luck with the 2ww xxx

Bellavista - I have been thinking about you. Good to hear your scan went well on Fri. Mine wasn't great but there are some follicles there so lets hope there will be some eggs. My EPU is on Wed. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, hope all goes well.

MARTTC - Hope AF come quickly for you so that you can start your first cycle. I know what you mean, I was the same had never wanted it so much. Good luck with it, here's hoping you only have to do it once x

AFM - just waiting for the call to see what time to trigger tonight. Still not letting myself get too excited. Good luck to all xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeb, this is just gonna take time, nothing will fix it, u have to cry it out untill nothing else comes out. I think the only thing u need to grasp onto is this is your first time and no matter how long it takes untill your ready you are gonna try again.
    I know this might not help but the success rates of women your age after 3 go's is quiet high like 80 or 90%.
    Thats wat i hold onto everyday, u r doing the right thing, if we were not trying IVF we more than likely would never get there, so you are following all the right steps to get your bub, just hold on.
    As for work, id get a doctors certificate which would be no problem and i would take some days off, u r allowed to do that!!!!
    At the same time sometimes doing something else like work lets you have a break from the whole ivf process, gives your brain something else to think about.
    Hope u start feeling better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hubba.. I ended up having to take today off because the cramps and bleeding are so intense I can barely walk

Thanks
    Reviews
    My thoughts are with you JEB!! Keep strong~

AFM: I am at near breaking point, this morning Day 9 on my cycle had a scan to check Follies, on Right side. 4 follies all under 7mm and left side 1 @ 1.5mm. I have been on 450ui of puregon and 250ui orgalutran. obviously something isnt right the follies should be bigger then this. I am just so over dosing my self with needles and drugs over & over again to get poor results. FN says they will scan me again on friday. I just rang DH and broke down and have told him that if the follies are still smallish on friday ill consider cancelling this cycle myself and putting things off for a while. I am not sure whether I am over reacting or just really hormonal. Or do I need to seek a second opinion from another clinic??