+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey you fabulous February Friends , hope you are travelling as well as you can!

Hey Hubba, good luck with the POAS decision...don't go too early is all I suggest

Hey Desperate, thank you so much for your thoughts, I really appreciate it...not going too well though (see below)

Megs and Peejay, good luck with today...may there be many eggs!

Woohoo Tiger, so very happy for you!!

CG, thanks for sharing the story of your friend...its what we need to hear...just because we are doing IVF doesn't mean it will happen instantaneously...its just a big old journey isn't it. lol, your MIL...they try and help don't they but I honestly don't think aside from our councellor (who's been though IVF herself) and you girls on here no one (despite their best intentions) can truly understand what we are going through.

Hope you are travelling well lannie! Thanks for the well wishes. Glad you are up to the injecting! Not long to go now

Akakura I am so so sorry that the witch arrived for you! It truly sucks doesn't it. I hope you are taking it as easy as you can and having a big old cry when you need to (my eyes are aching from trying to keep them back ~ at my parents for a big family catch up) I am swapping clinics too from Monash (in Brisbane) to City Fertility..I too am losing faith fast. I so glad you've got frosties for a transfer though...all my as crossed they are the ones for you!

Thanks for the well wishes Disney and good luck to you and Jeb in this crazy time!

Good luck on the weekend away Bellavista, I hope it isn't too stressful for you!

Fabulous news Bear & Mum! What a haul, I am sure they will continue to grow very well for you

How's your follies growing Little Feet? Thanks for the well wishes as well, I really appreciate it

Hi Alison, I hope the scan and bloods show good things today and you've off for you EPU on Monday!!

Hey jaseandalyson, how are you doing? Did you speak to the clinic today? I hope the bleeding has eased, I am sorry I've never had that but I would be concerned too...hope you are ok

Wow, this in turning into a HUGE post, sorry!

****Negative Rant*****
    AFM - Well Monday, 7dp5dt I started some slight spotting, Tuesday AF was on her way...8dp5dt...does anyone else get there's so early? First cycle I got mine also on 8dp5dt. What is wrong with me?! Anyways DH took Tuesday off to be with me as I struggle to be 'happy and fun' with DS with this happening again! Exactly the same scenario and we did HA this time, what is going on??? Anyway we had a good cry together and I've booked an appointment to see FS next Thursday to see what he thinks is going on and I've also decided to seek a second opinion, I just feel like my FS hasn't turned over every stone so to speak. So we are leaving Bubtree and Bruce Dunphy and will try City Fertility in Sunnybank, anyone have any opinions? I am just so sick of our GP/Gyno and FS to begin with saying I would get my period back and it would be ok since we have managed to conceive naturally before!! The only reason the FS recommended IVF was my low AMH yet I'm managed to produce 19 eggs first cycle and 24 eggs this cycle so is that even our problem! ARGH, just so frustrated and angry at the moment and I am sorry for this rant but you ladies are the only ones that can truly understand...I had to tell my mum this morning (we've come to visit for the weekend) as I needed to see go out for my BT which will come back negative anyway and she said at least we are lucky to have DS! I know she means well but we are blessed, I know that but it also hurts to have this perfect DS and can't do it again! It's like a big bl**dy tease...sorry guys..

Well I'm going to follow you ladies along on your journey, thanks for being here for me on mine, all the best at whatever stage you are up to and I look forward to seeing all the BFP's!!

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Buttercup - I am NO expert by any means, but wouldn't 8dp5dt mean you would be 13DPO if you were doing a natural cycle? If so, then I don't think it is too early for AF to arrive. Some people only have a 10 day LP! I might be TOTALLY wrong about this, but thought I would mention it
    Sorry about the BFN aswell. Hopefully your bloods say otherwise!

Tiger - Congrats to you!

Akakura - So sorry to hear that AF arrived
    Yay for frosties though!!

Clementine - I came into the IVF journey thinking that I wouldn't pin my hopes on the first time working, but the day they put that little emby back in after I saw it on the screen and knew I was 'technically' pregnant...all those feelings went out the window!
    Now I cry alot because deep deep DEEP down I know it didn't work this time

to everyone I missed!

AFM - Just feeling sad and sorry for myself......again! *sigh*
    4dp3dt and my emby SHOULD be attaching today, if infact my little munchkin is still going strong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Akakura - so so sorry that your cycle was cancelled. I know there are no words that can help but I'm thinking of you and hope that your next cycle is the one that works. and baby dust your way.

Jeb - stay strong, hope you're feeling better. I also have had a few arguments with DH it is an emotional journey.

Tigerqueen - Yay!! How exciting

Hubba - I think they recommend not to test but I think people do anyway. that you get your BFP

Peejay - Not good about your blood pressure but glad they have 7 mature eggs. Hope all goes well in the next stage for you, thinking of you.

Megs - Hope your EPU went well.

Buttercup - I know where you are coming from. I also conceived DS naturally and it is really hard to adjust to being infertile when my body used to work if that makes sense. I have also had people tell me that I am lucky to have DS. I know I am but as much as I love him it doesn't take away the desire to have another child and complete our family. DS also loves babies and sometimes this makes it harder as he asks me for a "friend for life" as some of his friends at daycare have younger siblings. Sorry you are doing it tough at the moment, hope the FS can give you some more information about what might be wrong for next time. Thinking of you

Disney - Really hoping that your emby does attach today for you.

Bellavista - how did your 2nd scan go today? Thinking of you.

As for me, had my 2nd scan today and there is still only 1 follicle on my right ovary measuring at 12mm. There are 2 on my left ovary measuring at 16mm and another couple of smaller one's. FS said she still wants to go to egg collection. I don't feel that excited by this as I am convinced that there won't be any eggs in the follicles. I am actually feeling quite low about it and I asked her whether it was worth still going for the collection. She seems to think it is so we're going to do it. I'm hoping that the follies grow in the next few days and maybe even a few more spring up but confused as to why I feel so down. I seem to have lost all hope and just going through the motions right now.

Good luck to all, really looking forward to seeing your BFP's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Akakura - so sorry to hear about your cycle. I hope you have another chance sometime soon. Take care of yourself.

hubba - I'd avoid POAS if I were you. I've done it the last two cycles and it just messes with your head. I won't be doing it this time round.

Peejay - great numbers there, we had 7 collected last EPU and 7 mature - hopefully 7 is our lucky number!

Disney Baby - hope you're hanging in there, I'll be having transfer same day as you're testing so hopefully everything goes to plan for both of us!

Hope everyone else is coping ok in the TWW.

AFM - had a scan today and there's one follie measuring 19.3 which is good, means I can have transfer next Friday so I'll be joining all of you TWWers, only thing I now have to worry about is if the thaw goes ok, this is our last embie and last try for a while. Oh and I start on the mega drug cocktail from tonight - pregnyl, then a bunch of other drugs that hopefully help with implantation.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Can't wait to start seeing some BFP's here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all...

I am terrible with personals so will do my best!

Buttercup...IVF messes with your body so bad...I have had early periods post IVF cycles and doesnt it just rub salt into the wound! Its bad enough when you get a negative blood test but to get AF before you even get a chance to have a blood test is just devastating. My clinic always says have the test anyway just in case....it is so very hard to stay positive, but the alternative seems worse...there has to be a life outside of IVF and some point we all have to live it and keep hoping!

Littlefeet...keep telling yourself it only takes one! One of those lovely follies may well just turn into the pitter patter of little feet! There have been many such stories and hopefully it will be the same for you! Your body has done it once it can do it again

Disney baby... your little emb baby is travelling well in there and doing its thing! Its in the best place possible! Do something nice for yourself and keep up the positive vibes

Good luck to everyone else I know I have missed a few!

AFM...travelling ok. Day 5 of 450 gonal f and as usual feel nothing going on down there! The odd twinge every now and then...it always worries me that my egg supply has dried up and nothing is growing! LOL! I have a blood test tomorrow to see if I am close to O if so then start antagonist injections tomorrow. Have scan monday to check progress of follies (if they are in there) hopefully EPU friday! But nothing about this cycle has been "usual"for me so hopefully after 5 tries this "unusual"cycle is the one! Starting to feel my age now..and IVF doesnt help the ageing process! And no little helpers like caffeine and alcohol to help us out!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bronte72 For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm soooo sorry Buttercup80....I've never made it to BT...AF usually arrives 7-10 days post transfer...it really sux! Sending you ...
    Best of luck with the new clinic. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buttercup, saw your post so jumping in...I did read lots of places saying LP should be at least 14 days so if yours is 12 or 13 I would be a bit concerned, though I may be very wrong. And I feel that the drs always think it is ok cos we have conceived before but the fact is things do change as we age. Speaking about myself as well. Have you had your LP checked eg P4 level on day 21 of your cycle? P4 is the one that keeps the LP going from what I gather. Also, what is your lining thickness before ET? Either it is LP defect if it is always happening or it is just some freaky incident by chance.

What AMH value do you have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats tiger - praying that all continues to go well xo

Thanks Clem - I just wish I hadn't put so much pressure on myself for this to work (maybe cos if it works then it means only mfi and there isn't anything wrong with me when in fact,somewhere deep down, I feel like I'm broken as well as DH )

I'm just over all these cramps, hunger, tiredness, back ache (if they're because of a BFP then that's great but if not I'm annoyed)

Love to allxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post

A friend i know who went through ivf about 5 years ago told us to think if we get a BFP first go, think of it as a great bonus. Plan for 3 or 4 tries and then if you get lucky before that, thats great. Thats what we are planning, to try and not get our hopes up too much, but still stay positive. We were crushed when they cancelled my cycle, but just have to keep looking forward. I think even with a perfect embryo and oven to bake it in, sometimes it it still takes a few tries, Jeb you shouldn't put so much pressure on yourself.

This whole IVF thing is so, so much harder than I thought it would be. My DP's mother thinks we should wait awhile and try some "herbs" to try and get pregnant naturally. As if it's that easy! When you are working with bad sperm, there is such a tiny chance of that. I keep saying to my DP one day, we'll look back on all of this and be proud of ourself for being strong, and getting through it. Hope the TWW wait goes fast for you all!
    Wise contents in this post Clementine Grace...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey PeeJay - congrats on egg haul today - 7 mature ones is a great result. Hopefully they all fertilize. Hopefully your feeling less sore tomorrow - I can sympathize - I'm sore too and I only have a fraction of the follies you've got.

Buttercup - sucks about your AF. It's a grueling process we put ourselves through on all fronts - emotional, physical, financial. You definitely need to trust that your doctor has the answers - if you've lost faith it's time to move on. A change of protocol could be just the thing you need to get you BFP. I'm sure your mum meant well. I don't think family really get how hard this roller coaster is. We haven't told any family that we are doing ivf this time around for that reason - helps keep the stress levels down - but then my family are totally nuts.

Little Feet - can relate to the low follicle counts. I never get loads. My first cycle they gave us the option to cancel because I hadn't responded well to the FSH. My son is the result of that cycle - I often wonder what would have happened if we'd cancelled and upped FSH instead. There's so many variables in this process it can do your head in. I hope a few more follies pop up in your next scan to make your decision clearer.

AFM - EPU today was over very quickly. They collected 4 eggs. Happy enough with the numbers but concerned the quality may not be good. Last time they told me on the day that the eggs were great. Today they said they can't tell if mature and will let me know tomorrow. Worstcase scenario is none fertilize. Would be very happy to have just one make it to transfer. According to my husband I worry about everything - not because ivf is stressful but purely because I am a worrier. So anyway - trying not to worry (but not very successfully) - gonna make him make the call tomorrow to see whether we've got any contenders. For tonight I'm going to take it easy. Have been staying away from all the naughty foods in the last few weeks but tonight chocolate is my friend.
    Last edited by Megs72; 10-02-2012 at 18:47. Reason: Formatting disappeared

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Megs72 For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (11-02-2012)