+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope, giving up the coffee is hard. I'll admit, i snuck one this weekend. Generally i only have 1 on a sunday but its hard when you are tired. I looove coffee, i really miss it. We've personally found Genea really great. The nurses are lovely, and I really like our FS. They call me almost every day (eg. they called me this afternoon, just to see if i was doing ok) and we don't have to pay anything out of pocket for cancelling our cycle. They are expensive though, i think i will be around $4k a cycle ($9K upfront, with freezing if we need it) for our ICIS. We were happy with the way our FS went through all the results from this cycle, and figure out what we're going to change for the next.

Hubba, it really seems to be luck of the draw. Don't give up. You only need one good embie!

Buttercup, you must be counting down the days till your BT, as well as all of the other TWW's. I think we have about a 1% chance of a natural pregnancy, but DP is still happy to give it a shot
    Peejay, hope you get some good results at your scan.

AFM i'm enjoying having DP home. Enjoying a 2 week break from jabbing before I start again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CG - I've heard heaps of great things about Genea also. I am really glad that they are being so helpful and supportive. It's great that you don't have to pay for the cancelled cycle!! I'm through Monash and costs us about 4k as well and about the same out up front as Genea. We do have to pay a small cost if a cycle is cancelled though apparently. It seems that there's a few of us coffee lovers on board this thread! Just think how much better off our bodies are now! Not sure that I'll ever be able to go back to drinking the amount of tea/coffee that I used to have pre-IVF days! That is a very good thing too!
    You must be really enjoying DH being at home. Enjoy this time together and find a way to treat yourself, before starting jabbing again. Thinking of you and hope you're doing okay. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lannie, when do you start jabbing? I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I love having a latte at 10.30 in the morning with the girls in the office. Especially if i have a big day of meetings or have lots of writing to do, it gives you a kick. We've all got a long way to go without coffee, so might as well get used to it!

We were expecting to pay something (and were happy to) because i had 13 days of injections and probably about 6 or 7 scans and BT's. They said they will charge us $450 and then they claim in back from Medicare for us, and then it will be back in our account within 5 days. I do like the way Genea is open 7 days, so they will do scans and bt's on sunday if you need. I've heard Monash is really good too.

DP is going again tom He'll be back again in 2.5 weeks though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. Thought i'd drop in now and let this worried feeling out. Can't do anything here at work as my mind was the scan i had this morning. I was shocked my lining grew from 11mm friday to 18mm today! I'm scared, i don't know if that is still good. I've read lining should be around 11mm-13mm.. My left ovaryhas 20 follicles ranging from i think 16mm-10mm sizes. My right ovary has 1 follucle that is 20mm in size and a few smaller ones ranging from 16mm-10mm as well.. Do i hve ohss now? Im just so worried and i feel like going home now. I'm not in pain but just feeling down.. Or am i just worrying too much? Sorry i have to vent it out now.. I've got no one to talk too. Dh is busy at work...

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to all of you for support and reassurance that not feeling anything is ok. I had accupunture this morning, first time, the lady told me my liver and kidney were not good and that I had poor circulation which is not good for ttc. Scan tomorrow morning so will see how well the follicles are doing.

Buttercup I hope all goes well on Friday will be thinking of you.

Peejay I don't have any advice as this is my first cycle but I'm sure one of the other ladies will be able to reassure you. Hope all goes well for you.

Babydust to you all xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

peejay27  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peejay, I cant say I am overly experienced with only one cycle under my belt but I can say that the anxiety and worry you are feeling is perfectly normal. You want the best and you fear the worst...

Lining should be fine, some say it cant be to thick others say under 20 is good. Good number of follies (albeit mainly on one side). OHSS is always a possibility but if you arent experiencing any pain or other symptoms you should be fine.. keep up your water intake and protein... try to relax (yer I know right)

Hello to Everyone!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Intrigue For This Useful Post:

peejay27  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronte72 View Post
    Hey there fellow bubhubbers!

Have been MIA. Was supposed to have a FET on Jan 25 but just as we were leaving for the 2.5 hour drive to have the transfer...we got the dreaded call to say that our little 6 day blasty had not survived the thaw. Gutted to say the least...but the upside is at least I found out early rather than wait the dreaded tww only to be disappointed yet again. Anyhow what can you do, we cant control it we just have to go with it and hope that our bodies do what they are meant to do naturally and let us have a baby!
    Awwww that sucks hun That is always my fear with FETs. Hope you are doing ok and best of luck of your next cycle.

I am meant to be having an FET tomorrow (our last embie) and am so scared it won't make it as we lost one last time. It's out last attempt for awhile as well. We won't be doing another cycle for 3-6 months so really hoping the little guy makes it tomorrow and that we get a BFP. Everyone around me is falling pregnant left right and centre and I'm begining to feel scared that it will never happen to me

Hope everyone else is travelling along ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to say good luck for your FET tomorrow lilystar. We are in the same boat, our last embie and our last attempt till atleast august (going traveling in June!). I hope everything works out for you. Were you doing a medicated FET?

AFM the FS upped my puregon from 50 to 58! I guess I'm not responding quite as quick as they'd like. Still damn exhausting! Skipped coffee altogether this morning, going by what you've all said, it should be a no go so I'll cut it out completely. I feel like I could fall asleep at my desk!

Hope everyone traveling well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

Day 5 of Injecting Gonal-F today and so far so good been jabbing myself like a pro only one little bruise on my tummy.

Still getting a little upset tummy though most days and feeling very sluggish tired heavy and bloated. Having a BT and U/S tomorrow i have some lovely follies going on. So nervous as its the first cycle not sure what to expect. Then another BT & U/S on Friday. Heading up to the lake camping on Friday for some quiet time and relaxing.

I work for my family and haven't told them about this journey so getting time off is difficult especially when my father keeps springing unplanned meetings with our largest client/contract the same days time as my appointments. I am not sure what my plan is for EPU on Valentines day probably just call in sick that morning or the evening before.

My brother went through IVF with his wife and we knew the whole way and my mother told everyone every shopkeeper, postal worker, friend, client, relative and more... there is no way i could tell them and have that news spread all about and bless her she just can't help herself so no matter how difficult i will just have to be creative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

This is my first time on a forum. I think this year it would be better to get out there and keep in touch with some other people who know what we are going through.

We are due to start our third attempt any day now. We did IVF/ICSI last feb and got pregnant first attempt but I went into early labour at 22.5 weeks and lost a beautiful baby boy in July. Then in October did our first fet with frostie, got pregnant but miscarried 5 days later. So it's time to start again with excitment and fear. Am aiming not to go crazy on the two