+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, hope u dont mind if i join, just a little bummed out, we started our 1st ever cycle 2 wks ago and i had egg collection yesterday, i got 5 eggs so i was pretty excited but got the horrible call this morning that only 1 fertilized but they were still keeping an eye on the others but they are not hopeful They are transferring it back on day 3 which is Monday if it makes it.

I always thought that the first one wouldnt work and thought i was prepared but it seems nothing prepares you for the dissapointmnet unfortunately.

Just wondered if anyone has had this happen and when they got to their next cycle did they happen to get more eggs fertilize.

Goodluck to everyone, im still hopeful for Monday but at the same time have to be realistic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome green mum, megs and hubba! I hope that this cycle is a great one for each of you.

Hubba, it is so frustrating isn't it - you get some good news, and then some that's not what we wanted to hear. Don't lose hope though. THis could be just the one that grows. Recently, a friend of mine doing IVF had 3 collected, 1 fertilised and she is very happily pregnant! Don't give up hope yet.
    It is a bit of trial and error the first time, but it does happen, a work mate of mine fell pregnant first go!! I am thinking of you and praying that your little embie is growing nice and strong, ready for transfer on Monday!

Hope all of you are enjoying a lovely weekend.
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies.. Does anyone feel pms'y after ET.. I'm nipping at DH and not sure why.. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb8303 View Post
    Hi ladies.. Does anyone feel pms'y after ET.. I'm nipping at DH and not sure why.. Xo
    You are probably just feeling a little stressed and nervous hun. I am usually the same after ET.....really want it to work so get a bit snippy because I am freaking out a little hoping that its going to work.

TWW is the worst - so many emotions and so much hope. Makes for a very confusing and emotional time. Hang in there!! I'll be joining you on Tuesday....until then I am nervous as hell hoping our blastie survives the thaw as it's out last frozen one that we have left.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Buttercup - I also have low AHM I should have scored between 6-8 for my age but only scored 1. My FS has warned me she is not expecting a lot of eggs from me so I guess I'll find out at the scan on Tues what my chances are.

I have been injecting for 3 days (Purgeon 300iu) and have not had any side effects that I've noticed. This is making me worry that nothing is happening and my folliciles are not responding. I am probably over thinking it but it's hard not to focus on what is or isn't happening with my body. Anyone else like this?

Hubba - really hope that this is the one for you. I have no words of wisdom as this is my first cycle too but thinking of you xxxx

Best of luck to you all xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Little feet,
    Try not to worry (as easy as it is to say, not so easy to do!!!) Last cycle I thought nothing was happening for the first few days of injections too and probably didn't notice anything until about after 5 days, when I just began to feel a bit bloated. By the last day of injections, I felt as if I was carrying a sack of potatoes on either side of me! My friend who got a BFP first go, didn't notice any difference at all! So, I guess we're all different. It is so hard not to worry, but just stay positive, thinking that the drugs are doing their thing and your body is doing exactly what it should be at this time!
    Thinking of you hun. Keep up posted with how you're going. xxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lannie For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Feet View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I have been injecting for 3 days (Purgeon 300iu) and have not had any side effects that I've noticed. This is making me worry that nothing is happening and my folliciles are not responding. I am probably over thinking it but it's hard not to focus on what is or isn't happening with my body. Anyone else like this?
    Don't worry about not feeling anything Little Feet. I felt nothing the whole time I injected. I wasn't bloated or anything even when I went for EPU. But they got 17 eggs (14 mature) so everyone is different

Good luck!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillystar For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hubba,

Dont give up hope. Last year on my first cycle I had only 3 eggs collected and 1 fertilised. We had our transfer and got our BFP unfortunately it was ectopic, as sad as it was I have never given up hope, always look on the bright side, you have one perfect little embie fingers crossed it sticks. Even after my ectopic it made me even more positive towards this whole journey, because I know now that I can fall pregnant. keep your chin up

Thanks
    Reviews
    woohoo..... AF has arrived right on time... start jabbing tomorrow..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jaseandalyson For This Useful Post:

Bear and Mum  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peejay - good luck with your scan Monday, I hope there are lots of lovely follies.

green mum - good luck for your cycle. I see you’ve tried a few times, I hope this cycle works out for you.

Clementine - good luck with trying for the next two weeks! You never know, a lot do seem to fall naturally after all the ivf drugs. Will be interested to see how you go with Genea if natural doesn’t work out, we are contemplating trying them if this cycle doesn’t work with our current FS. Have heard great things about them.

Megs - Good luck with your cycle, you’ve been through it before by the look of your signature so you know what a crazy time you’re in for. I hope you get a bpf quickly again this time.

Welcome hubba – don’t be disheartened, we had 9 eggs first cycle and zero fertilization so having 1 isn’t so bad, it can happen! If it doesn’t though, it’s amazing how quickly you can move on to the next cycle. Like others have said, it’s really trial and error with the first go but fingers crossed you get to transfer Monday and it’s a bfp for you.

Littlefeet – that’s great that you aren’t having side effects. I’m only taking 50iu of puregon this time (doing FET) and I feel absolutely exhausted! Had a few months break from ivf since November last year so I guess my body bounced back to normal and it’s a bit of a shock to the system. Just take it easy, your body is probably still busy doing its thing but you aren’t feeling it. When do you have a bt/scan?

Jaseandalyson – Woohoo! Good luck with the jabbing!

Welcome to the other newbies.

AFM – exhausted! Only 50iu of puregon and it’s taking it’s toll on me.. sleeping about 10 hours a night and not feeling motivated to do much else. DH is being wonderful, I told him I need to take it real easy this time so my body can do its thing, which I probably haven’t done in the past. Sleep ins with breakfast in bed this weekend but I just can’t give up that morning coffee! Anyone else having coffee? I haven’t cut it out before, will do for the tww this time but I’m struggling at the moment, oh so tired.