+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi marttc! welcome! I too am a needlephobic.. tbh, I never got used to the pain but the thought of it doesn't scare me as much.. don't worry you'll be like a pro in a few days once you start.

Disney- how did your egg pick up go? How many did they harvest?

bear n mum- i bet you can't wait for the weekend to end. I hope that the result on Monday is what you wish for. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

Clementine- im so sorry they cancelled your cycle. if I may ask, was the reason solely because your lining wasn't too thick? how thick/thin was it? Don't worry, i'll pray that it'll get better on your next cycle and that it will push through.

Bellavista- welcome! this is a good group here and you'll get heaps of support.

AFM - I had my 2nd scan today and i'm happy with the results. from 6mm lining on Monday, today it is at 11mm. She finally was able to measure 2 follicles on my right ovary, 1 is 10mm and the 2nd is 11mm, the rest too small and same for my left ovary, all too small. My FN wanted me to continue with my current dose and another bloods and scan on Monday and she is hopeful the little ones will grow. so yeah, I'm looking forward to Monday. They said follicles grow approx 2mm each day so if everything goes well...hopefully egg pick up sometime next week!

I hope everyone have a nice weekend even though weather sucks right now

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peejay27 For This Useful Post:

Bear and Mum  (03-02-2012),MARTTC  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is going well, and looking forward to the weekend.

CG - so sorry to hear about the cancelled cycle, it sucks big time and can relate with having my first cycle cancelled. Sending to you.

Welcome Littlefeet and Bellavista.

AFM - Well I went for my first scan today, they told me not be disappointed as they are doing it a day or 2 earlier than normal. So even knowing that still walked out of there feeling a little down, so far (day 8 today), only 1 follie, on the positive was was a good size 16mm, which they said for me is good and to remember is only early days. Bloods came back at 740 ??? know idea what that means, I said is that good and was told yes as it has doubled. Do any of you lovely ladies have any suggestions on other ways to get the eggies growing better? I am already on Gonal 450iu dose. and my AMH was neg 1, so would be happy with 3 - 5 follies
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the sunshine (if it comes out)

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Bear, 3 cancelled cycles, you are a trooper! That must have been so hard to get through, its so disheartening. I really hope you get some good results this cycle. Sounds like you are going well did they change your meds?
    Hey CG It is hard to get through especially when friends and family around you are falling pregnant. I have a good cry for a day or 2 and then pick myself up and off I go again. There isn't much else I can do. The first 2 cycles I was on Gonal F and Cetrotide and then with the last one and this one I have been on the Syneral Spray and Gonal F. The Gonal doses have been different every time. My first cycle, because I have a high AMH level, was only 187.5 and I had 38 follicles which is why they cancelled. The second dose was dropped down to 100 but put up on my 11 day scan to 125 to see if that did anything. It didn't the 3rd time was the spray for the first 2 weeks and then Gonal was 137.5. I had 2 decent sized follies but because we knew I could get the numbers and sizes we needed, cancelled again. This time round I was on the spray for a week and my Gonal dose is 150. It had better work as we are starting to run out of doses:-)..LOL

It is hard and Disheartening but we get through it. Keep your head up and don't give up xxxxx Will always listen if you want a chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, hope that your weekend is off to a good start.

CG - I am so sorry hun, that is not at all what we wanted to hear and really hope that you are going okay. Keep your head up though, as hard as that may be, and know that your FS now has more information and will be able to monitor and change things to improve your next cycle. Sending your way. x

Buttercup - how are you managing the TWW?? Hope you're managing to stay sane.

Marttc - welcome! Hope that you enjoy this thread. The ladies here are FABULOUS!!!!! Other threads have been great too, but this one is particularly special. I hope that you are going well. x

Akakura - how are you travelling in the TWW hun? Thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way. I really hope that your POAS and the nurse are able to confirm a BFP for you!!!

Little feet - how are your injections going? I hope that everything goes really well on Tues and that you see some lovely follies growing.

Bellavista - Welcome! Great to have you in this thread also.

Alison - Try not to be disappointed! My nurse told me that all I can do during the stim phase is to make sure I don't keep 'too busy', that I take things as easily as possible to let my body give as much energy as possible to the eggies that are growing. My actual FS told me there's actually nothing we can do to change it really, just know that the drugs will do their work! So, I guess it can't hurt to take it easy! Hang in there, sure everything is coming along really well. THinking of you. xx

AFM - still sniffing away, counting the days till I start jabbing on Thursday!!! Woohoo!!! The nurse was checking as she was going to get me to start injections a day later so my eggies didn't "overcook"!?! Anyway, she got another opinion so now starting as per normal. I'm expecting EPU to be on the 20th. That seems like an eternity away, but know that it'll be here soon enough. It's a really busy time for me at work this month, but at least my boss knows what's going on now so I've got heaps of support which is just fantastic. I feel so forunate to have such a lovely family, supportive friends and you lovely ladies on here which just makes this whole thing so much better. x

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend! Wherever you are in your cycle, as easy or as hard as it may be, stay positive and just keep thinking of the time when we each WILL have our beautiful bubbas to hold at the end of this.

xxx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lannie For This Useful Post:

Bear and Mum  (04-02-2012),MARTTC  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome marttc & Bella!!
    CG I'm sorry to hear of your cancelled cycle, it sux big time.
    Bear- my fingers are crossed for you

Hi to everyone else

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hate these cramps I'm getting at 2dp3dt.. It freaks me out that AF is coming and that my emby is lost to me.. Little emby should be at blastocyst stage today.. Hope he is ok in there and doing what he does best.. Becoming a baby., love to you all

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can i join in as a late addition to February IVF?

Long story short, we are doing a donor cycle with my partner donating her eggs to me. I just got AF and starting the pill, she is on Syneral waiting for AF we are expecting pick up mid Feb and then transfer of (HOPEFULLY ) two beautiful 5 day blasties closer to the end of feb!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi All,
    Sounds like lots of you are doing well, can't wait for all the BFP's to start coming in. Thanks for all the consolations on my cancelled cycle

Buttercup, yup thats what my FS said. That its more important for DP to be healthier for at least 3 months prior. To be honnest, i do find it very hard to keep him off the sauce. I think he figures that when we were doing all the initial testing, he hadn't cut back at all so now he has cut back dramatically, he can still have a few big nights out here and there. It is hard to sort of have your social life on hold. Hope you are going well and the TWW isn't driving you crazy. I have heard that the AMH test, isn't always a good measure because its such a new test, so you never know.

Welcome Bella, good luck with your cycle! My DP has a very low sperm count too, initially it was 1.8 million, and then it was 4 million. A valentines day EPU

Good luck Littte Feet.

Akakura, hope that the TWW speeds up for you. I've got a whole pile of new tv series on DVD put aside to watch when we have our TWW (if we make it that far). Its torturous all the waiting with IVF, i find that the hardest part.

Peejay, thats good that your follies are growing. Are you still on gonal 112? My cycle was cancelled because i didnt have enough follies. My lining was 10mm by i think day 6 so that was all fine. Because i have pcos, i do have a lot of little follies, so they think there was a big one on each side sucking up all the gonal, and dominating so the other little ones couldn't come up. My FS said my AMH is 16, and the lining was perfect and they know i can make good follies, so they wanted to cancel and start again because they think we can do better next time. Because we have a very low sperm count (the reason for the IVF) we prob need more eggs to have a fighting chance. She is changing my dose to 140 next cycle, to see how we go with that. Apparently with PCOS, it can be trial and error till you get the right dose. I'm sure when you go back on monday, they will have grown more

Alison, i think its meant to double every day, so that sounds like its all on track. Sorry no tips on how to grow more eggiest, if you find any let me know!

Bear, that must have been so tough. It is so incredibly frustrating isn't it! It really seems that a slight change to the doses has a big effect. I was the same, cried for a day or two and then thought we just have to get back on. I'm happy i only have to wait 2 weeks to start again, I was upset because i thought i had to wait 2 months or something. Its such a catch 22 because, we are doing IVF because of DP's low sperm count, with my pcos, i have an irregular cycle, but i do ovulate every month or 6 weeks, so its not really a big problem. We're doing the IVF for the MFI, but then the pcos decides to create problems! Gonal 150 sounds good, i really hope that works for you. I've heard of people also alternating days, like 150 one day, and then 75 the next, which can work. Its just frustrating getting disappointed.

Lannie, great you can start again soon! Hope this cycle is the lucky one for you

Welcome Green Mum, hope your cycle goes well.

AFM - After we cancelled the cycle, i did my trigger shot on thursday night. I should have popped a couple of eggs, so the FS said we might as well go for if (even thought its literally a shot in hell) so DP has been happy to do the deed lots in the hope of a natural pregnancy. I'm happy we can get started again in 2 weeks, so its not a very long wait. Genea have been great about it, and we don't have any out of pocket expense for the cancelled cycle which is great.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks all for the warm welcome.

All going well for us. I have noticed now on the 3rd day of injections i have quiet an upset tummy feeling very nauseous and worse. I will call and mention it on Monday as ont he side effects list it does say to mention to the nurse if you get any of those effects. Mostly I only feel sick and have increasing diarrhea when i eat. Knowing my body is nerves and anxiety and not the gonal-f at all!!!

CG Sad knews about cancelled cycle thinking of you guys.
    I was a little shocked ot here about my UPA will be on valentines day not that we celebrate normally and my DH will be presenting an awareness discussion that night on Spinal Injuries to a group of South African Delegates so will have a quiet night resting at home.

I am doing some extra work this weekend at the office and my wonderful DH is assisitng me so we can get out quicer this afternoon bless him. Have a great weekend all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Hope it's ok if I jump on this forum. I'm midway through my cycle. Day 9 of jabbing right now (Puregon 300iu). I had my first ultrasound yesterday and the result was pretty underwhelming - 2 big follicles and 3 tiny ones. EC will either be Wednesday if they go for the two big follicles or Friday if they decide to wait for the 3 little follies to develop. Either way they won't have too much to work with unless some late starters pop up and grow fast (come on little guys - rubbing belly for encouragement).

It really lifted my spirits getting on the forum and reading everyone's stories yesterday. There are just so many variables in this process. It really is a crazy ride we are all on. We haven't told too many people this time around that we are doing IVF - puts too much pressure on. So it will be nice to be able to vent (and hopefully celebrate success) with people who really understand all the highs and lows. Very excited for the ladies on TWW. Such a nerve wracking time, but you are so close now to that beautiful BFP. Fingers crossed for all of you.

Jeb - don't freak out too much. Implantation causes lots of little twinges down there - the cramps you're feeling could be a good sign.

Megs