+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls would like to join in, I'm due to start IVF iCSI approx Feb 24th....
    I'm so scared (needle phobia), nervous & excited that we are finally getting a chance to become parents!!
    The Dr Najjar @ Melbourne IVF said he's really confident as so far they can not find anything with me but just poor sperm morphology with DH.....
    Can't wait to start & I'm going in with the positive thought power that it's going to work first time although I appreciate reality that it may not... I need the power of positive thinking.

Question: can we have a big night out the week before starting IVF? Have a 30th & really want to celebrate it but do not want to hinder anything... It's just not worth it!

We have our counseling & nursing appointments this following week so I guess I can ask for sure then!

Good luck everyone - looking forward to getting to know you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    Just popping in to say I have my first EPU tomorrow!!

Excited and scared at the same time.
    Good-luck :-)
    How exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Clemantine. I know what its like to have a cancelled cycle:-( it's so disappointing. I won't know for sure till Monday whether we will get the go ahead or have a fourth cancelled cycle, so I do understand. It's better to be safe than sick.

Hey Buttercup:-) Today went well. I have 12 on ome side 15 on the other. Some are small but the few he did measure were between 10-13mm so still to early to call right now
    How are you feeling???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck Marttc! You'll find lots of helpful and supportive people on this forum. Don't stress too much about the needles, they aren't so bad, you just get used to them.

As for the alcohol thing, it can be hard. My dp loves at least a glass of wine every night when he's cooking, and its been very hard for him to give that up. He will also have a buck's weekend, and a wedding in the next month before the end of our next cycle, so i'm praying he doesn't knock out all his swimmers. Maybe ask your nurse what she thinks?

Bear, 3 cancelled cycles, you are a trooper! That must have been so hard to get through, its so disheartening. I really hope you get some good results this cycle. Sounds like you are going well did they change your meds?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CG I am so sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle! Not that any part of the IVF journey is pleasant (except for that BFP we will all get ) but to have your cycle cancelled must be especially sh*t. To do all the hard work in the lead up to FSH injections to not have your body respond the way it should must be really disheartening but it sounds like you've got a great FS who will adapt on the next cycle to make sure you get to where you need to be. As far as alcohol and your DH sperm our FS has told us that the sperm that is used has been in the making for 3 months so it is his health 3 months ago that makes all the difference, unlike our eggies where month by month they can change...is that what your FS says too?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercup80 For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littlefeet - welcome!!

Jaseandalyson - YAY for being able to start jabbing soon. Its great one you get to that part as you feel like things are really starting to move along.

Buttercup - that sucks that you didn't get any frozen, but fingers crossed it won't matter and the ones on board will bring you your BFP!!

Disney - Good luck for your EPU today hun. Hope it goes well and they get lots of great eggs for you.

Clementine Grace - awwwww hun that really sucks that you cycle got cancelled Hopefully you can get back into it quickly and next month works out heaps better.

Bear and Mum - fingers crossed your cycle doesn't get cancelled again.

MARTTC - welcome Don't be nervous about the needles. I was sooooo scared of needles before starting IVF but they are honestly so thin that you don't even feel them. Good luck with your cycle.

Hope all the rest of you ladies are travelling along ok and that everyone has a great weekend

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillystar For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I would like to join here. I started my IVF ICSI Cycle yesterday first one.
    I started Gonal-F injection yesterday at the FN office and did it again my self this morning no porblems. Our estimated EPU is 14th Feb and my next scan is the 7th and 10th Feb.

My DH has a low sperm count less then a million, I am 7 years older then him so we felt best not to wait too long. My AMH was 17.2.

Nervous as anything we aren't sharing the info with any family, we have each disclosed to one good friend each both have been through similiar situations. Hopefully i can get my mind onto other things for the rest of the month.

We weren't expecting to start until April, however I just started AF ton Monday this week before our consult that day to set dates so boom booked me in for yesterday to start. I feel greatful i didn't have a 2 month wait to think about it all in depth.
    Thanks Bella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup80 View Post
    Hi girls

Little Feet ! You've come to a wonderful supportive thread, the ladies on here are truly wonderful. We've got a DS3 as well, blessed enough to be naturally conceived as well. Do you what your issues are? Or are they just saying secondary infertility? I have low AMH, our FS seems to think it was on its way down just as we 'caught' our DS, in saying that though on our first cycle in September last year we got 19 eggs and this cycle got 24 so who can tell, I just hope this one is a sticky thats all! Good luck with our journey
    Hi Buttercup,

Thank you for your message. My issues seem to be secondary infertility. My egg quality doesn't seem as good as it once was but FS said that was due to "ageing effects" so I can't do much about that. I am still trying to learn all the technical terms, what is AMH? Sorry to sound so daft!

Started injections yesterday and have a scan on Tues morn to see if the follicles are doing what they should be. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you to and look forward to getting to know you all xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol Little Feet! It can be overwelming can't it, I'm still learning the lingo as well. I know I'm going to spell this wrong but AMH is Anti Mullerian Hormone (or low egg quantity). For my age I believe on the scale I should be between 10-15 and on my first test I got a 4.9 and second test 5.4 so the FS suggested IVF as while this test has nothing to do with quality of eggs my quantity does seem low. Although from what I've seen around the forum with a low AMH I shouldn't be getting so many eggs at EPU (egg pick up). But surely the can't have screwed up my results twice right?! My FS on my ET (embryo transfer) day said it does seem that my problem may be a little more complicated but I don't want to think about that, all I want to think about is getting a BFP (big fat positve) this time next week! Needless to say it isn't a perfect science, they are always learning and making little adjustments to find the perfect recipe for our bubs What dose are you on for your injections? Suffering any side effects? I hope you see some really nice follies on Tuesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Lannie - How are you going? Have u started the injections yet?

Buttercup – Yay for being PUPO with twins . Sorry to hear your other embies didn’t make it to freezer not the news you want to hear but i'm sure those two embies you've got on board will go the distance!

Celmentine – so sorry ur cycle got cancelled . I’m sure they’ll get ur dose right next cycle. Its great you don’t have to wait too long either.

Jaseanddalyson – good luck with starting your cycle, af arrives on time

Little feet, meltux, MARTTC and Bellavista– welcome! We’re all here to help and offer support thru the IVF maze and waiting game…..

Jeb8308 – welcome to the tww!! Sorry to hear you other embies didn’t make it to the freezer, its so frustrating isn’t it?

TIGERQUEEN – welcome aboard the tww train too, lets hope its an express!

Bear and mum – how did your scan go today?

Big HI! to everyone else. Sorry i dont write personals to everyone, i only get a chance to jump on here at the end of the week to type but I'm reading everyday on my phone and thinking of you all
    to all

AFM – im like buttercup, just laying low in the tww. I just find it torturous because I am so impatient. I am 6dp2dt so I will be POAS from 8dp!! I’ve bought a whole bunch of internet cheapies (I got them with my OPKs). I can handle false negatives from POAS too early better than not knowing anything!! and I'd rather find out by myself if i get a BFN than a nurse telling me over the phone.