+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Hope you've all had a great weekend.

Tamandmarc - it is a totally personal choice there. DH came in with me and was 'okay' although I think he was very uncomfortable with the others 'fiddling around' down there. It really is over very quickly. The longest part is waiting in the waiting room to go in. Seriously takes only about 5 minutes. Some of my friends who have done IVF said that their partners weren't there. Last cycle my transfer was on a weekend, so was easy for DH to come too, but if it's a weekday he probably won't come in this cycle due to work. At my clinic, I noticed that there were a few partners who just waited in the waiting room. It's totally personal and either way is totally fine!

Jannifer - welcome! I think you'll find this thread really supportive. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

Akakura - congrats on being PUPO! Welcome to the TWW. May it go very fast for you, with a great big, BFP at the end! xx

hopefuljen - It's great to hear that you have some UK buddies heading over. I'm sure that'll be a wonderful distraction for you!!!

Bonbonn - wish I could give you advice on number of embies to transfer. It's a tricky one. What does your FS suggest? Thinking of you.

CG - Sounds like lining is going well and great to hear that your follies are growing nicely. Hope your headaches go away very soon!

Tigerqueen - not long till ET!! Getting exciting!!

Apologies to all I've missed. Computer won't let me read the previous page at the moment for some reason.

Take care, stay positive and chat soon.

P.S. My chiropractor keeps telling me "What you think about, you bring about", so keep dreaming away about those beautiful babies!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello my fabulous February BH friends! Hope everyone had a fab weekend.

Lannie I hope you are travelling well, how goes the car shopping?

Hey CG, how did the scan and BT go today? I hope it is all still going as it should. Is DH home yet? I think I read that he is away with work at the moment?

Tamandmarc, its a tough one and really up to you and your hubby. You don't need him to feel uncomfortable and it really is over in 5 minutes isn't it. My DH and DS have both been there the 2 times we've had an ET...the first time DS fave soft toy also had to come and 'hold' my hand as I had 'my leg' fixed

Hey Tiger, are you still scheduled for at ET on Wednesday? Hope those little embies are growing well for you

Akakura Woohoo for the TWW, hope you aren't going too bonkers! I am going to have my BT on the 10th as well!!

Hey Jannifer, welcome...I am sure you'll get great support from this thread, the ladies here are all so lovely

Hey Bonbonn, it's a really tough, personal decision that you need to make. Has the FS offered any ideas? Would you and DH be happy with 2 or 3? We had the whole talk with our FS at our last appointment about the pros/cons with how many to transfer and we decided that if we had 1 blasty and 1 that we knew wouldn't be good enough to freeze but may still make it then we would transfer 2 but I guess that doesn't help in your case as you're having an FET...hmmm I'm sure with thought and consideration you will come to a decision you are happy with

Jen its lovely that you've got your two besties coming to visit! I hope you have a great time with them and you don't fall too far off the gym bandwagon whilst catching up

Hope, that is an amazingly complex (to me) regime but I have my that it will lead to a BFP! When do you start?

Jeb how did you go today? I hope you are feeling ok

Desperate2Bmum, how did you feel after your EPU and over the weekend? I hope you ET went well today

Good luck and to everyone else wherever you are in your journey

AFM ~ I am officially PUPO x2 (as my DH has decided to call it). Didn't have the greatest of news when we arrived this morning, they said everything looked to be growing perfectly..until we hit D4 (again) and everything slowed down...this morning we only 1 one (just) blasty, 3 morulas and the rest weren't at the right place yet. The embryolist said she would watch the morulas until tomorrow in the hope they reach blasty to be frozen but not pinning my hopes on it as they aren't at the right spot today but you never know I guess. So because of this we decided to transfer the blasty and 1 of the morulas (I am very pro 'it tried really hard why can't it have a chance just because it missed the designated milestone') which the clinic and our FS were happy to do so fingers crossed this is it for us! So we are trying to be really positive and really a few years ago we would have had a D3 transfer protocol (where our embies were still perfect) and been none the wiser. Also as the embryologist said we have no idea what sort of embryo our DS would of been, he could of been a slow grower as well sooooo here's to a really really positive TWW

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercup80 For This Useful Post:

Bonbonn  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    FANTASTIC FEBRUARY ROLL CALL - UPDATE

Started cycle:
    Alison 12 - Freshie - EPU late Jan
    Bear and Mum - Freshie - EPU 8 Feb / ET 10 Feb
    Bonbonn - FET Feb 18
    Bronte - FET 25 Jan
    Clementine Grace - Freshie - EPU Jan 30?
    Hope - FET mid Feb
    Intrigue - Freshie - EPU mid Feb
    Jeb8303 - Freshie - EPU 30th Jan
    Jaseandalyson - Freshie
    Lannie - Freshie - EPU Feb 20?
    Midnite01 - FET - beginning March
    Peejay - Freshie first timer
    Renvind - freshie first timer
    Tamandmark - FET mid Feb
    Tigerqueen - Freshie first timer - EPU end Jan
    Lillystar - FET Feb (8th Feb approx)
    Desperate2Bmum - EPU 27th Jan, ET 30th Jan

Good luck to us all!!!

2WW

Akakura - FET (BT 10/02)
    Buttercup80 - Freshie (BT 10/02)

BFP

Hanging out while on a break
    Hopefuljen

Just updating!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercup80 For This Useful Post:

Bonbonn  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lannie, Buttercup and all others.
    Just a quick one today, I am at work, and have just had my call from the FN. I was so stessed prior to the call, but it was all positive. Of the 6 embryo's 5 of them are A grade. The other one is still fine, but a little slow. I am really hoping that at least once can hold out until Wed for a blasty transfer.
    When it comes to chosing the embryo to transfer, is it totally up the the embryologist? What happens if there are 5 equally good embryo's??? My husband is stressing about making a choice. He said he wants nothing to do with that, as he would bawl!.
    To everyone in this thread, goodluck at whatever stage you are currently at. To those of you who have been through this journey several times, i have the upmost respect for you! It is nothing like i thought it would be. Far far harder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had a very nice 'sleep' today,. One minute I'm looking at the lights next minute I'm waking up happily the got 16 eggs and just had a call to say 14 were suitable for fertilization.. yay.. So will hear from them tomorrow about how they have gone overnight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent news Jeb! Relax today and I'm sure you'll get great fertilisation tomorrow

Tiger I'm so happy that your embies are growing so well for you! As far as I know (just from our experience) it is entirely up to the embryologist to decide which is the best (its quite a science), if all 5 are A grade they will look at things like whether they hit their milestones are exactly the right point/day and just their general shape and how they look...that is as far as I understand. Good luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercup80 For This Useful Post:

TIGERQUEEN  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Jeb! It is quite amazing how quickly you go from conscious to unconscious!! It all seems to happen in the blink of an eye. I hope you get a good number that fertilize

Thx for that info buttercup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Buttercup, Tigerqueen, and Jeb...keeping that everything goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

Sorry I have been so quiet. A lot is happening in here!

Congrats Akakura and Buttercup for being PUPO Hope the TWW wait goes really quickly for both of you with some happy news at the end

Tamandmarc - my hubby has been in with me for my two transfers and will be there for this next FET as well. It is a pretty quick process but he is really keen to be there and I am thankful as for me it actually hurts. I have a really tight entry to my cervix so there is a lot of issues getting the little embie in there each time So having his hand to hold really helps me relax.

Jeb - that's amazing. Well done! Fingers crossed that they behave themselves overnight

TIGERQUEEN - We had 5 embies make it to blast and we have never choosen which one they put back in. It was all up to the embryologist. It does make me wonder though how they choose.

AFM - just waiting to ovulate, doing blood tests to find out when my FET will be Bit nervous about the embie going through the thaw process as we lost one last time and only have this one left. Fingers crossed it makes it. Otherwise we will be going to plan B before trying again.

To all the ladies I missed. Hope you are all going ok.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Sorry havent been on line for a while, however i do read all the posts and thinking of you all the time and sending lots of to each of you.

Congrats to Buttercup and Akakura, how exciting being in the TWW, hope goes quickly and doesnt drive you insane.

Tigerqueen - good luck with your transfer, 5 embies is a great number!

AFM, started my Gonal injections a few days ago, first blood test this morning so waiting to see those results, i have noticed I am a little more uncomfortable than the last attempt, which i hope means the higher dose is working its magic and we get to collection stage this time. My DH is off to have his swimmers frozen on Thursday as he is away all next week for work, and I am sure it will be that if he doesnt do it, we will need it, and if he does we wont, so happy to be on the safe side with that. FS says it will work just as well with frozen if we need it.

Will be back on again soon, wishing you all well with your journeys
    xx