+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I am freaking out!!! a few weeks back I saw my FS and discussed my next cycle and was told it would be a antagonist cycle again increasing my Gonal f dose too 600ui.

Today I called the clinic to see if his rooms had sent through all my paper work ready to start the 7th-8th feb, it had not been sent through so they chased it up and called me when it arrived on the fax, my FS is away on holidays and his associate partner looked at my file. I have never laid eyes on this other doctor nor had any dealings with her.

The nurse than told me that this new doctor has changed my drugs and dosage. Starting on 450ui Puregon & orgalutran.

I know during ivf you must be open to change and try new things, although this doctor doesnt know me I have been dealing with my FS for 7 years.

Has anyone been on gonal f than been changed to Puregon??
    If so was you results better or worse??

Any feed back would be great and am pulling my hair out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    forgot to mention my AMH is 6 was told this is low for my age!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Jase, puregon and gonal F are equally similar to my knowledge though I have never used it before. Both are FSH. I think it should come like Gonal F. I saw that you had 2 cancelled cycles, were they due to too low a dose FSH? I am not sure if that is the reason why your FS put your dose to be 600IU which is very high. Some FS believe that any dose higher than 450IU is no use so perhaps that is why this new FS downs the dose to 450IU? I also did read that some FS think higher dose is fine cos the extra medication will be washed out in our urine. It is rathere conflicting.

I was on 450IU last two cycles which was my highest. My AMH is similar to yours 6.1 but I just turned 38. Response was 11 eggs for last two cycles. Both cycles' fert rate was not as good 54% then 40%. I am not sure if it was due to the high dose giving me too many eggs and so poorer quality. There is no answer.

I am currently on 300 for this cycle, now having just a few follies and having EPU this Sat. Not sure if this is a wiser step shall see EPU results and fert results.

Hope this helps. All the best for your coming cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buttercup: How did you go?? Been thinking and worried about you...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear and Mum For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, I woke fine from the GA but really was suffering with bad cramps (still am) and couldn't sit at the computer to write , the nurses said they weren't surprised I was pain as my FS had to empty 40 plus follies! Anyways they got 24 eggs yesterday, 16 were suitable for HA ICSI and 13 fertilised overnight , I know we will lose some on our journey to 5 day ET but happy at the moment...last time they grew well until D3 so I'll be interested to see how we go this time especially since we are using HA.

Thank you so much for thinking of me and the well wishes too guys, it was really really great to log onto.

Good luck with your EPU on Monday jeb! Hope they get some lovely eggies for you!! October is sounding VERY positive for you!

Hey jasandalyson, sorry I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you..I know what it must be like being thrown like this...different FS AND different protocol, I'm sorry I can't help with the different FSH and doses but sending you

Welcome Desperate!! This is a great positive, supportive thread...they ladies are truly lovely...good luck on your journey

Can't see back anymore but to everyone else and hoping you are having a lovely weekend!

PS. I am watering, pruning and pearing (but not excessively lannie )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buttercup, wow 24 eggs!!! That is great. I am hoping for half that number. I guess being that it is only my first time, and I was on 162.5 Gonal f, I can't expect many more.....I am more concerned about how many fertilize.
    Hope your cramps ease soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Australia Day everyone!

Desperate - Welcome!!! looking forward to sharing our positive, baby-making vibes with you! Really hoping that things go well for you. Keep us posted with how you're going.

Jeb - you must be so looking forward to your last injection tomorrow. We really have to celebrate these milestones! EPU not far away which is exciting. How are you feeling?

Jaseandalyson - I understand how you must be a little freaked out at the moment. I would be too. Who knows though, maybe this is just the 'second opinion' that you need!!! for you hun. Stay positive. x

Mum2one DS- Not long now till EPU!!! Hope you're travelling okay and that all goes really smoothly. That must mean you have trigger tonight sometime??

Buttercup - wow! What an amazing haul of eggies you had there! Great to hear and congrats on the fert rates. That is just awesome! I'm sending positive vibes all the way to your embies so that they keep growing nice and strong for the next few days! Glad to hear that your stocking up on water, juice and prunes! Rest up and take care.

AFM - The more I think about it, the more I'm a bit worried about my gonal dose. As I've said before, was on 150gonal last cycle and had 12 eggs, 9 of them mature and 6 fert. At my scan, I had about 35 follies though! FS says it's low due to PCOS, but I'm only borderline of that anyway. Ah well, I guess he is the expert though and I just need to trust that.
    Taking the last pill tomorrow which is another milestone and means I'm one step closer to jabbing, one step closer to EPU!! Any little reason to celebrate.

I told my boss about everything yesterday. He was so supportive and I think he really appreciated me letting him know. DH and I work at the same place so it was good that he now knows what's going on and understands if I have any synarel-induced hissy fits!!! Good to have an excuse for those anyway....

Hope that you've all had a lovely day, however you have chosen to spend it.
    Take care!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lannie - def excited.. My last synarel is sat morning and I trigger on sat night sometime (they will phone me tomorrow with times).. I'm feeling ok about EPU.. I apparently have about 10 really good sized eggs so hoping they will fertilize ok (only 10 scares me if they don't fertilize well) I've only been on doses of 112.5 and 150 so I didn't expect heaps.. I'm still nervous about being knocked out (more because I'm afraid DH will still be at our FS doing his bit (or on his way back to the hospital) when I wake up and that I'll freak out.. This time next week hopefully we will have an emby to transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    FANTASTIC FEBRUARY ROLL CALL - UPDATE

Started cycle:

Akakura - FET end Jan
    Alison 12 - Freshie - EPU late Jan
    Bear and Mum - Freshie - EPU 8 Feb / ET 10 Feb
    Bonbonn - FET Feb 18
    Bronte - FET 25 Jan
    Buttercup80 - Freshie - ET 30th Jan
    Clementine Grace - Freshie - EPU Jan 30?
    Hope - FET mid Feb
    Intrigue - Freshie - EPU mid Feb
    Jeb8303 - Freshie - EPU 27th Jan
    Jaseandalyson - Freshie
    Lannie - Freshie - EPU Feb 20?
    Midnite01 - FET - beginning March
    Peejay - Freshie first timer
    Renvind - freshie first timer
    Tamandmark - FET mid Feb
    Tigerqueen - Freshie first timer - EPU end Jan
    Lillystar - FET Feb (8th Feb approx)

Good luck to us all!!!

2WW

BFP

Hanging out while on a break

Hopefuljen

Just updating my ET!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome ladies xx
    Buttercup, can you please add me to roll call??
    EPU tomorrow (Fri), transfer Monday.

Thinking of you all xx