+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Fantastic February IVF

Hi everyone,
    Thought I'd start a Feb thread as I couldn't find one yet. Please let me know if there's already one going though!!

We jusr finished our first cycle in Dec, which was a . After a few moments of devastation, now ready and rearing to go for February! I firmly believe that 2012 is our year for some great news and that goes for you ladies too!!! At the moment, just started pill. Estimated EPU is 20-22 Feb.
    Looking forward to meeting anyone who is cycling in Feb who would like to share this journey. It truly is going to be a FANTASTIC month!!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lannie,

I don't when my EPU is but I had my nurse appoinment in Dec..

She told me I should come back on 15/01 to get a bloodtest just to check if I got pregnant before I start on my shots...

If all goes well EPU would be early Feb for me.....

I too am hopeful..

This is my first one and so i am scared ..... but excited at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Peejay!
    Firstly, I REALLY hope that you get your bfp on the 15th so you don't have to worry about your first cycle! for you!!
    However, if you do end up travelling the IVF road, please know that there are so many people here to support you. I just finished my first cycle and understand how excited / nervous you must be feeling! I'm learning that whatever emotions you feel / don't feel at this time is normal during ivf treatment so expect the unexpected in that regards. Wishing you all the best anyway.
    To give you some hope, my friend who was cycling for the first time with me in December fell pregnant first go!!! Very exciting but good to know that it does happen. She had severe PCOS as well as some male factor issues as well. So that is a great story of hope!

Anyway, welcome to the thread and wishing you all the best. I'll start a role call soon.
    Take care. x

Last edited by lannie; 03-01-2012 at 20:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lannie and Peejay!

Thought i'd drop in a say Hi I'm waiting to do my first FET and if AF arrives when it should it looks like my transfer will be at the end of Jan or early Feb, so I may as well sign up to both the Jan and Feb threads hope u dont think i'm being greedy

Peejay - I did my first cycle in Dec along with Lannie and I found it really helpful to have other more experienced ladies around for support and advice.

to u both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Akakura!
    Apologies for the delay in my reply. I thought I had replied - twice in fact, but my computer is causing me issues!! Apologies.
    Welcome to the Feb thread. Even if your transfer is at end of Jan, you'll still be in the TWW in Feb, so you get to have the best of both worlds! Really hoping that this works out this time.
    Are you having a natural cycle or medicated cycle? Not sure how FET works, I didn't have any frosties from my first cycle so not sure exactly what happens!!
    How are you feeling about things.

How are you travelling Peejay? Feeling okay? Still hoping that AF stays away for you so that you get some exciting news on the 15th.

AFM - feeling quite positive at the moment. Was a bit silly and went and bought some baby clothes yesterday. They were so cute and were just screaming "buy me!!!". Ah well. Sure that we'll need them one day. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Have an appt with FS on Thursday. I'm hoping that he'll tell me he'll change the meds or something, in the hope that our embies can grow a bit better this time. In our first cycle, none of our embies grew to blastocyst stage before transfer. They transferred one that was a compacting embryo, but still growing well. Hoping that we can change that this time somehow!!
    Tomorrow, DH and I are off to Warrnambool for a couple of nights, which should be a nice break.

Anyway, hope that you both have a lovely weekend. Looking forward to hearing how you're travelling.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I hope everyone is very well and getting geared up for our BFP's! I hope you don't mind me dropping in here...at the moment we are scheduled for an EPU on the 27th and ET on the 4th of February all going to plan, so I'm being a bit greedy as well Akakura!
    I have been lurking around BH for a few months but don't tend to post but thought I could do with the support (can't we all) this cycle

Our Story
    We were blessed enough to fall pregnant naturally and have our DS in 2009 only to never get my periods back after I stopped BF. Much waiting and many tests later it was discovered that I now have an AMH level of 5.4 and IVF would be our best option.
    We had our first cycle in September with a BFN (didn't even make it to 14 days ~ AF showed up *sigh*), it was devasting and especially because we had only told my parents and hadn't created a proper support network for ourselves and isn't EVERYONE pregnant around you as well?
    Anyways fastfoward to now and the FS has decided that HA ICSI would be our best option, so fingers crossed for us all

Hope to hear from anyone that wants to chat on this journey that we must all endure to get our beautiful bundle of joy

Lisa xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    *blush*...I mean ET on the 1st February!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls.. i hope ur weekend is good.. im thankful for the rain..it is stinking hot!

lannie- i hope i'm going to be as lucky as ur friend falling pregnant the first go.. so i am crossing all my fingers lol! i don't think my AF is coming soon..I usually have PMS 1-2 weeks before my period...so chances are we are really going through IVF.. and having pcos..AF may not come until after 2-3 months...

Hello akakura and mummy to one .. i signed up too for Januray thread... and no we r not greedy! lol.... the more threads d better! lots of people to share our thoughts to...and lots of support...

ladies.. hope u'll have a nice week ahead... i'm looking forward this weekend..I'll have my blood test and if BFN.. then i'm finally starting this...

take care all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you don't mind if I join your thread.

I'm having FET mid-Feb. This is our last frosty so hoping this works out. We had a disastrous year last year with 1 cycle no fertilisation, next cycle bfn then a bfn for FET in November. Really don't want to have to go through another fresh cycle in 2012 so I hope our last one is our miracle!

Look forward to sharing the journey with you all, fingers crossed 2012 is our year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good afternoon ladies!

Hope all goes well in your end of the world, it is sweltering here at 40 degrees to hoping to get a storm to break this insanity this afternoon.

Hello and welcome Hope77 , oh my gosh I've just been reading your signature! You are amazing to have coped through 2011, big hugs to you I'm sure this year will be the year for you...it has to be after what you endured last year , I can't possibly imagine going through a zero fertilisation to getting back on the wagon later in the year but I'm sure this Frostie will be the one for you!

Hi Peejay, you must be counting the days to know if you are a go this month! So much waiting in this game isn't there. I have my fingers crossed that you've got some great news on the 15th!!

Hi lannie, I am kinda in the same boat as you in that we didn't get any Frosties the first cycle we did which was frustrating, you go through so much and then a BFN and you know you've got to do it all again, but just gotta keep thinking about the end result I guess. We actually got 19 eggs last time but only 1 at Blasto on D5 (ok looking), it was really hard to deal with and especially not even getting to D14 blood test but oh well just back to the beginning again. Did you get many eggs on your first cycle? What day did you transfer? Have they said what happened? We see our nurse on Wednesday but according to our last chat with the FS we will be lowering my FSH dose (I was on 375) and going with HA ICSI. Hope you have a great break with your hubby!

Hope you are well Akakura in your waiting game!

AFM, just trying to be calm and not spend every waking moment thinking about this. I have found this time a lot easier (up until now) as I didn't really have time to think about things over the Christmas and New year period and now all of a sudden all going to plan I will be starting injections on Thursday! It took SO long to get to this stage last time. Already noticing some slight differences in how my body has responded this time (had a breakthrough small bleed while on the pill which didn't happen last time) but hoping my blood test will be ok on Wednesday for us to progress to the next stage....each stage is just another hurdle isn't it Finished the pill ~ check, Taking Syndarel ~ check etc etc

to you all!