+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 week old day sleeping

My DD is very hard to settle to sleep during the day. Recently her biggest sleeps have been in the car and then in the capsule in the lounge room. When she does a big sleep, like today (just over 3 hours) she wakes up hungry. I feed her and watch carefully for the tired signs, wrap her, get her to dopey, but not asleep stage and place get in the bassinet. Most days we only get to wrap stage cis she starts fighting the wrap and wanting to get out. This of course wakes her up and generally sends her into the over tired start, making it harder to calm her down. I generally feed her to sleep so a usual pattern is up, feed, play, top-up, bed. But that isn't working most of the time now.
    I'm upset that I can't get her to settle (I know all the tired signs!) and I'm starting to doubt myself. I've read heaps and just end up confused. Any ideas on how to proceed are gratefully received! TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Would she sleep without the wrap, if thats causing her issues then ditch it

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's even worse without it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice but from 6 weeks exactly DD refused to sleep in her bed during the day. The *only* place she would stay asleep was on one of us. She's 11 weeks now and only just starting to spend a little bit of time in her bed during the day.

All i can think of is to be persistent and try not change it up too much? Also don't get upset if she won't stay there. I know this is trotted out for almost everything baby related, but it won't last forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd used to hate having her arms wrapped in and swaddled. So I swaddled her but kept her arms out, she was a happy baby after that. Can you try that maybe worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing wrong with feeding to sleep! It is completely natural and if it works, why fight it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely nothing against feeding to sleep! I think I'm just trying to find something that works all the time (I know, babies are unpredictably etc) as it breaks my heart to see DD showing me all the tired signs and I can't seem to help her. Wrapping is a must as she wakes herself by sucking or whacking herself with her hands. The only positive is that she goes to sleep really well at night. But she needs her sleep during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm reading this and it sounds nearly exactly like me and my DD except she's 11 weeks. To get her to sleep during the day we have to either take her for a walk in the pram, put her in the sling or hug a bub, cuddle/pat her to sleep in our arms, pop her in her rocker or feed her to sleep. Unfortunately we haven't mastered the sleeping in the cot during the day - every time we try the patting thing to settle her it doesn't seem to help.

Also, we have a love to dream wrap me up which seems to work better than a wrap as she can't get out.

ETA - sorry I don't have any real advice, but just to let you know you're not alone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same problems with my DD from around 6 weeks through to about 12 weeks. I don't know if it was just a stage or the fact that i eventually started a sleep ritual but she turned a corner not long after. We now put her in her cot awake, in her sleeping bag with a dummy and put her star music light on and she falls asleep almost straight away plus she sleeps for much longer periods now.