+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy2aandh View Post
    Wicky - can I please pay you to come to Melbourne and reorganize my house...please please please
    If it means I get to visit Melbourne and your luffly self, then sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy2aandh View Post
    Wicky - can I please pay you to come to Melbourne and reorganize my house...please please please
    Yes all you clean mums, you should all start a business of decluttering and getting houses back up to speed while teaching the mum to clean! I'd pay for sure!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Witwicky I am about to go into contest with MIM to marry you.
    I am not bi but I could still marry you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to october For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (02-01-2012)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Doing a decluttering challenge I think is the first thing to get yourself in order
    http://ultimatemoneyblog.com/declutt...ge-365-in-2011
    thanks, I'll check it out!

Witwicky

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awww shucks

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    - 4 dishes. Each times there is 4 dishes in the sink (excluding cutlery) do the dishes. A few dishes is so much easier than a load.
    This is insane!!!

I LOVE it! I sometimes don't do dishes until the cupboards are bare, I'm SO trying this one, it may really help to save my sanity!!

Great thread everyone, I'm with you MIM, I often say to know the state of my mind, look at the state of my house....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome thread!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another in serious need of decluttering and organising.....or just a Witwicky visit. I am hoping to apply myself to this task in the next 2 weeks while I'm off work. My 3 main enemies at the moment seem to be clothes, kitchen stuff and DD's toys and books.

MiM, I recently did up a budget on the Suncorp website.

Happy new year purging and tidying everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Everything has probably been mentioned already but here is what i do to try and keep on top of mess.

• First step - eliminate clutter. Go through your stuff and get rid of useless/unnecessary items. Be brutal about it - if it isn't getting any use get rid of it. For clothes a good tip is hang your clothes up with the hanger on backwards and when you wear the item hang it back up the right way - after a year get rid of the stuff still hanging the wrong way (excluding sentimental items).
    • Second step - find homes for all your stuff. I have a wooden box for hair items, jewellery box, book shelves for books etc For toys i bought material on clearance for $2 a metre and sewed several bags - one for blocks, one for teacups etc and store them on top of my DD's wardrobe. It looks cute and keeps things organised - i take them down when DD wants them and once she is done we pack them up and put them back.
    • I wash dishes as i go - i find if i leave it all to the end of teh day it becomes overwhelming and i am more likely to put off doing it (thus it piles up). I do dishes after every meal - it only takes a few minutes and stops it piling up.
    • wash laundry every morning, hang it up staright away so it is usually dry in the afternoon - put away staright away. If i can't put it away i at least separate it into baskets (one for DD's, one for my/DH's clothes, one for 'others' like towels etc)
    • De-clutter regularly. It is amazing how 'stuff' accumulates.
    • Wipe down the stove top and benches every time you wash teh dishes
    Good luck - i struggle at times to keep up with it but feel much more at peace when my house is in order. Also don't expect perfection or feel too bad if the house is a bit messy - my house is never perfect but i keep it in pretty good order. Keep on top of the main things and it will make a big difference

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

aquarius  (03-01-2012),MuminMind  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to add something! My brain is a bit mushy these days

I have a plastic storage container for craft play (playdough, paints, crayons etc) one for musical play and another for puzzles and one for his farm toys. They are different colours, and from the children's section at Ikea (you can also get a storage system to put them into, but my cupboards at home are the perfect size).

The first two get kept up in the cupboard, and then we have a 'musical hour' or several hours, during the day, and craft days etc. I don't like to mix those items with the other toys, otherwise it can get messy, and we tend to lose the sticks to his xylophone and his little egg maracas etc. Plus, without sounding like a control freak, I prefer him to be belting out a tune on the recorder when his little bro isn't napping.

The puzzle box and farm box stay at his level, and he gets into them whenever he wants, but the items have to return to the same place at the end of the day otherwise we end up losing puzzle pieces and little miniature horses etc in the big toy box. I like to keep majority of toys and all books at his level.

Then cars, trucks, planes, trains, dolls and soft toys - pretty much all other toys- all go in the big toy box in his playroom and my DS has a ball emptying it every day Before he goes to sleep though, he has to put all of his toys away and we also do an 'emu pick up' before nap time. I like to teach him to become involved with the whole process so that he has a little bit of responsibility for his toys and as a member of the household with his own little job.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

aquarius  (03-01-2012),MuminMind  (02-01-2012)