+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thumbs up Attention Clean-"freaks" - Help Me Get My Life Organised!

2012 is here; and it is time for new beginnings and a happier house!

I find that my emotional & physical health very much is connected to the condition of my home. Mess = !!! I generally like organisation and order, but find it challenging with two little kids, pets and a grubby man-baby!

So I am enlisting help from the ones of you in here who have total control of your homes. I want to know all your cleaning, decluttering, organisational secrets! Do share, indeed!

Can anyone recommend any webpages that can inspire me into becoming a domestic/domesticated Goddess? (minus catering to my DP's every need)

All feedback much appreciated!
    Last edited by MuminMind; 01-01-2012 at 21:52.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

laurea  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fly lady was the one I used :-)
    Not that my house is particularly organized at the moment :shame

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummybear3 View Post
    Fly lady was the one I used :-)
    Not that my house is particularly organized at the moment :shame
    Great, thanks! I will have a look and reinvent myself and my humble home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Getting organised is my new years plan too. But I want to start by changing my habits. Each month I'm going to have a new focus (or two). This month I'm focusing on getting our finances organised, so I've already set up automatic payments for all our regular bills and savings. I'm also focusing on de-cluttering. So cupboards cleaned out, old clothes given away or sold on eBay, sorting and getting rid of toys no longer used and any other "stuff" we no longer need or want. I think it will be easier to create new habits with a clean slate. Not sure yet what the focus for next month will be- maybe meal planning, organising my recipe collections, etc?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (01-01-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subscribing to come back later and share my wisdom

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (01-01-2012)

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cindye View Post
    Getting organised is my new years plan too. But I want to start by changing my habits. Each month I'm going to have a new focus (or two). This month I'm focusing on getting our finances organised, so I've already set up automatic payments for all our regular bills and savings. I'm also focusing on de-cluttering. So cupboards cleaned out, old clothes given away or sold on eBay, sorting and getting rid of toys no longer used and any other "stuff" we no longer need or want. I think it will be easier to create new habits with a clean slate. Not sure yet what the focus for next month will be- maybe meal planning, organising my recipe collections, etc?
    Great idea. And it sounds more achievable that way. I feel inspired!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    One of the best ideas I've seen lately is storing doona cover sets inside one of their pillowcases. Saves digging around to find the whole set.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (01-01-2012),lulu 2  (01-01-2012),MuminMind  (01-01-2012),nelle7250  (01-01-2012),Veve  (01-01-2012)

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    One of the best ideas I've seen lately is storing doona cover sets inside one of their pillowcases. Saves digging around to find the whole set.
    Brilliant! Note taken!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The organised housewife on fb, if you Google she also has a blog.

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mumof3monkeys For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (01-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find most days my house is organised, but I only have one baby, plus a man-baby (DH). Of course there are days it all turns to chaos but here are my tips:

- do the dishes many times a day. It's easier to wash up a few things rather than a whole bench full.
    - put a load of washing in the machine before you go to bed. If your machine has a delay start function you can use it to Start the load at 6am or whenever you get up.
    - I have loads of microfibre cloths and they are really good for quickly cleaning things with just a bit of water, eg. Benches, bathroom sinks, tv cabinets, etc.
    -get rid of clutter. Clutter looks messy even if everything's clean.
    -vacuum and mop every 2 days. I sweep after every meal as DS is a major mess. Clean floors really help make things look clean and if you do it often you don't need to do a thorough job.
    - do you have a spare room you can chuck junk into? Really helps to declutter the rest of the house and you can just shut the door.

HTH

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

aquarius  (03-01-2012),hoping28  (02-01-2012),MilkingMaid  (02-01-2012),MuminMind  (01-01-2012),nelle7250  (01-01-2012)