+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Heart racing?

Hi ladies I'm 11 1/2 weeks preg and for the last week my heart has been racing. It's been getting more and more frequent, happens bout 7 times in 24 hours. It wakes me up in the middle of the night as well, feels like I've just ran a marathon it's horrible. Have any of you had this or know what it could be?
    Could it be high BP?
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had it too. Mine came down to anxiety. I'm now 21 weeks and it's gone . Annoyed the hell out of me cause it would wake me at 5am!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mean to alarm u but please see ur spec asap call tomorrow! I was strictly warned if this happens to go to spec/hospital, I was 10 weeks last week (3rd bub) n had an episode not involving heart but was told if I got what ur describing I needed to be seen to, there is a condition can't remember the name but I'd definitely get it checked! I wouldn't say it's anxiety!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this for the first 13 or so weeks - mine was anxiety. Do you think yours could be anxiety related?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had/have this also, it's anxiety for me but i'd def just mention it to your health carer to be on the safe side

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies, I'm not sure if it's anxiety or not :-/ What are the symptoms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't want to alarm you either but please go and get yourself checked. I had the symptoms of a racing heart, rapid breathing/out of breath and mild chest pain and after trying to ignore for two days ended up in emergency and then spent a week in hospital (I am not currently pregnant though)

Always best to air on the side of caution and feel better to go home with a false alarm than to have something awful happen.

Let us know the outcome, sending you positive vibes though

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app - auto correct is shut, it sax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did u get checked out? Do u have any light headedness?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to equinemagic For This Useful Post:

becclesmxxx  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had more of a feeling that my heart was beating out of my chest. No much faster just really hard. It was (and still is) really uncomfortable.
    I agree with everyone else, go see your gp. I had a monitor fitted for 24hrs to see what was going on. The worry tends to be if you also have shortness of breath, dizziness or faintness along with the high pulse.
    It might last a blt longer or disappear all of a sudden I was told, I first noticed mine around 17 weeks and am still having the same thumping heart!