+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There is All Saints Anglican School, but you have to get your name down there before you even start trying to conceive your baby...

I can't think of any other Anglican schools here.

I haven't read anything about QIC closing in 2009. As far as I know, its foundation year was 2010. It was previously a Jewish school many years ago.

The Robina area is a bit of a commute to Southport. The traffic into Ashmore/ Southport is a bit of a nightmare around 8:30am. It would be a long ride for your husband- I'd say at least 40 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's also Coomera Anglican College which is a prep-12 school. I don't know too much about them though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Saint Stephen's College is in Coomera, is Anglican Catholic and has great teaching staff. You could live in any area but I would recommend Coomera Waters or hope Island for distance to school and then it's probably a 20 or so minute drive from home to southport. Www.ssc.qld.edu.au. I worked there in events for a few years and the kids are great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Coomera is not that bad of a place to live, I lived there for 8 years and my mum and sister still live there, my sister goes to Upper Coomera State College and it seems tos be a fantastic school. You could also try Coomera Waters which is the other side of the highway. I lived at coomera and went to school 25-30 mins away at Coombabah State High but that was before the zones were enforced so much.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree with st Stephens. A wonderful school. Always hear great things about it and have family members in primary there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Coomera is not that bad of a place to live, I lived there for 8 years and my mum and sister still live there, my sister goes to Upper Coomera State College and it seems tos be a fantastic school. You could also try Coomera Waters which is the other side of the highway. I lived at coomera and went to school 25-30 mins away at Coombabah State High but that was before the zones were enforced so much.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    The same school which is accused of having massive racial tension? We've had every kid in our extended family pulled out over time. Upper Coomera State College that is.

We've recently moved out of Upper Coomera. It started to feel like our neighbours being robbed while they slept was a weekly occurrence. Every car in our subdivision had their windows smashed and stuff stolen.

It has one of the highest crime rates on the Gold Coast according to the papers.

Even without that reputation, it's miles away from everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah, I forgot about St Stephens and Coomera Anglican. Pretty silly considering I used to live down the road from SS and worked at CAC!

St Stephens has a great reputation. I wouldn't send my children to CAC. I don't know if things have changed in the 6 years since I worked there though.

We lived in Coomera for 3 years and it's not that bad. Sure, it's a high rental area, but as in all suburbs, some streets are a bit more 'scumbaggy' than others. I liked living there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! This is all so very helpful!! If you could chose any school, where would you go (send your kids?

Also, I just read the school cutoffs as June 30th. My younger son's birthday is the beginning of July. Does this mean he cannot start prep until Jan of 2014 when he is almost 5.5?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in NSW so different schooling but as far as I know they can start prep but he will be 5.5 when he goes into year one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bricaza View Post
    Thanks! This is all so very helpful!! If you could chose any school, where would you go (send your kids?

Also, I just read the school cutoffs as June 30th. My younger son's birthday is the beginning of July. Does this mean he cannot start prep until Jan of 2014 when he is almost 5.5?
    Yep, he'll be 5.5 in prep.

If I could choose any school, it'd be Silkwood School (prep-Y12 soon) in Clagiraba and that is where I am sending them, but it's a Steiner/Waldorf school, so not likely to sit easy with your Montessori ideals.

Somerset College in Mudgeeraba would be my second choice if money wasn't an issue.