+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bike with toddler seat?

Hi all,
    I have a 14.5 month old, would anyone recommend getting a toddler seat for the back?
    Did anyone NOT like their seat?
    Pros/cons?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't like my seat. I wish I'd opted for a trailer. DD just wiggles and so it makes it really hard to ride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank you, I've always thought the trailers look dangerous, I don't know why?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always thought the same, was worried about having an extra "bit" but I mostly ride on the cycleway so thats not an issue. Most of the newer trailers have reinforcement and ant-tip technology, so if you do happen to roll it, there is a roll bar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get a toddler seat to sit in front of you; DH has been raving about one for a while now...

This is what I found, I think it is it...

http://www.amazon.com/WeeRide-Kangar.../dp/B000FIH0EG

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Yepp which is similar to the wee rider but (IMO) better and less bulky. DD (14 mths) loves being up front and waves and toots her horn at everyone. It's great because I can point and show her things as we ride along. It's clicks on and off easily so we can put it on either mine or DF's bike.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In that model does the baby face you or away from you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont like using the child seat behind me as I am always looking around to check on bubs and much the same with the trailer ,plus bubs always trys to climb out of the trailer while we are riding and thats with her strapped in securely but she gets out anyway but they dont tip with the bike and mine has even come off the attachment bolt and the saftey strap worked well and didnt affect the stability. Those infront seats look great but they dont fit all bikes so you would have to check its compatible first. Zigos look great too pity about the price tho http://www.myzigo.com.au/ but they do look nicet I have seen a few at the park. Oh yeh and the seat behind bugs me when I stop and have to balance the bike and remove bubs helmet before I can get the seat belt off and the seat didnt have much room for bubs helmet. heres the link for the wee ride too http://weeride.com.au/Product_detail.php?product=19.
    Last edited by lulu 2; 01-01-2012 at 18:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    I dont like using the child seat behind me as I am always looking around to check on bubs and much the same with the trailer ,plus bubs always trys to climb out of the trailer while we are riding and thats with her strapped in securely but she gets out anyway but they dont tip with the bike and mine has even come off the attachment bolt and the saftey strap worked well and didnt affect the stability. Those infront seats look great but they dont fit all bikes so you would have to check its compatible first. Zigos look great too pity about the price tho http://www.myzigo.com.au/ but they do look nicet I have seen a few at the park. Oh yeh and the seat behind bugs me when I stop and have to balance the bike and remove bubs helmet before I can get the seat belt off and the seat didnt have much room for bubs helmet. heres the link for the wee ride too http://weeride.com.au/Product_detail.php?product=19.
    That's what we thought too that they don't fit all bikes... but apparently they all come with a bar, that attaches to your bike, if it doesn't have the straight bar, if that makes sense... that's what I understand anyway, I could be so wrong, LOL...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    That's what we thought too that they don't fit all bikes... but apparently they all come with a bar, that attaches to your bike, if it doesn't have the straight bar, if that makes sense... that's what I understand anyway, I could be so wrong, LOL...
    There was one I looked at that wouldnt fit my bike but the wee rider is supposed to fit all bikes like you said ,theres other front riders too that adapt to most bikes like these http://www.squidoo.com/kids_bike_seats lol this post has got me going shopping for one now.
    Last edited by lulu 2; 01-01-2012 at 19:01.