+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The getting pregnant is the easy bit

It's the holding on to it that's hard. One of these sites recommended I start a diary and after last night I thought it might be a good idea to get some of my anxiety out in print so to speak. I am 9 weeks 6 days pregnant and after losing my last baby at 9 weeks 2 days this week has been hell on skates anyway but the last thing I expected was to start bleeding because everything else was progressing as usual. I had the nausea and my boobs were still sore. The bloating came on as usual and the exhaustion forced me to take a nanna nap. Nothing out of the ordinary. So my partner and I head off to friends to welcome in the new year. Two hours later we head home in a rush because I start bleeding. We enter the emergency room at Casey hospital in a panic only to be told of course that there is really nothing that they can do this early on. Don't get me wrong. The staff at the hospital were absolutely brilliant. They were all extremely compassionate and caring and although the doctor was practical he was also incredibly sympathetic and went out of his way to provide us with information. I just wish that there was some manual that came with this pregnancy. You know something that said - at 'x' weeks you will have 'such and such'. Something that can prepare you so that you don't have to experience this blinding panic when you see bright red blood on the toilet paper. My fiancé is wonderful but the attachment hasn't begun for him yet. He hasn't felt the nausea and twinges nor has he really started to build bonds. It must be hard for the male because as the mother the bond building is immediate. As soon as we know we're pregnant that's it for us. The attachment begins. So anyway, it's bed rest for me for a couple of days and I am now waiting to see if this little one is going to stick around for the full nine months or if there is a higher plan for him or her. I don't mind the bed rest bit it's the waiting game I can't stand. I'm a Scorpio. We're not known for our patience and being the new year (it was wonderful to see the new year in lying on a bed in the emergency room) everything is closed until Tuesday. I have to hope for the best until then when I can have my hcg levels tested again and get an ultrasound done. Like I said. The getting pregnant is the easy bit (at least it is for me) it's the hanging on to the little jellybean that's the hardest bit. Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for letting me vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh you poor thing, that's so stressful!

Did they give you a scan?

At nine weeks you would be able to see the little heartbeat.

If the bleeding continues I would be going back and demanding a scan...the not knowing must be so difficult

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks LoveyDovey. No they weren't able to because the technician had gone by the time we got there. I have to wait until Tuesday to get the scan done. They did suggest Dandenong hospital if the pain or bleeding worsens but it would mean a very lengthy wait so I'm just monitoring things at the moment. Hoping that things are ok and resting until then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just want to send a and lots of fx for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you hugs and sticky baby vibes!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing I hope you can rest as much as possible and try to relax, obviously that is easier said than done. Casey hospital is really good, i prefer them over Dandenong I found the compassion was at a much higher standard there.

Thanks
    Reviews

What a wonderful idea getting on bub hub..Hopefully next new years will be spent very differently. Good luck with the bed rest at almost 10 weeks the exhaustion is the worst Do you have a good book or DVD to enjoy while your resting?
    Sending you good vibes & sticky babydust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your wonderful words of support. I have spent the day resting whilst watching episodes of the Gilmore Girls. I am pleased to say that the bleeding has all but stopped thank goodness. I will continue to rest over the next couple of days until I can get in to have an ultrasound and hcg done. Crossing fingers that I have a sticky one here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If Gilmore girls doesn't make you laugh nothing will! Lots of hugs coming your way along with wishes for a very sticky bubba. Hope the rest goes well and you get a wonderful scan and photo to take home on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if anyone will read this but I just wanted to let everyone know that I went for the scan today and our little jellybean is alive and well sitting there with knees up wondering what all the fuss was about.

The bleeding has all but stopped and the us technician showed us that bub has a strong steady heartbeat, the placenta is intact and the cervix is fully closed. We are exactly 10w 2d along with perfect growth for that time frame.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful words of support. I really appreciate your kind thoughts and wish everyone well in their pregnancy journeys.