+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How early was your bub?

hi everyone,
    just wondering how early your bub was and what treatment, how long was you in hospital.
    I am begining to think that this bub wont stay in much longer and its starting to worry me.
    Dr already said at the start of this prenancy that they think bub may arrive from 32weeks from my history.
    Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning.

I just wanted to wish you luck with your little one! My son was born in 1997 at 26weeks 4days weighing 700g. He is now nearly 6ft tall with size 14 feet! He is also an Australian Champion in his chosen sport - in the Open/Adults division. He won this title at 12 - the youngest ever.

I know you are scared at the moment, but cherish every day and try to keep as positive as you can. My son was in hospital for 98 days and we have been very lucky every since. Listen to the nurses, the doctors and most importantly, yourself. You know your body, so listen to what it says and trust yourself!

Best of luck and I can't wait to hear that your "bump" is safely in your arms!

sowanttobe

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sowanttobe For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (01-01-2012),dicey  (18-01-2012),GM01  (30-10-2012),K n I  (26-01-2013),lady jane  (18-02-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (04-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I currently have a 32+2 baby in the NICU. We have been there 3 weeks tomorrow. He had Chronic Lung Disease and is being treated for that. We are told he will be in beyond his due date. (Currently 35+1 corrected.)

Good luck to you. I hope you can keep bub in for as long as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had a little girl back in April 2011 she was born at 25 weeks. She was in ICU/SCU for 3 and half months, she came home 5 days before her due date. She is an absolute angel, everything that went wrong she fought back. When she was born she had APGAR of 1 and then 9 at 5 minutes. In the time I was at the hospital everyday I learnt that preemie babies have spirit, there tough little fighters. Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my eldest at 33 weeks, water broke five days before so had the steroid injections. She was in hospital for 31 days an is now 17 and about to start uni. Fx your little one stays put for as long as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sowanttobe, that is tiny!!

DD1 (who is now 6) was born at 32 weeks and was low birth weight, so the size of a 29 weeker, but lucky had no massive problems (just a bit delayed.) We had to wait for her to reach 2kg's before we could take her home so that was 5 weeks. I am so grateful there was nothing more serious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had twin girls At 23 weeks.

Twin 2 (635g) was Intubated for about a week, then onto CPAP etc she had a pretty cruisy run. She was in NICU for 99 days.

Twin 1 (745g) took AGES to get onto CPAP and it was found she had narrowing of her airway. She was in for around 140 days.

Neither of them had any real complications. No ROP, No Brain bleeds, No NEC, neither of them needed any surgery. We were very lucky. Preemies are truly little fighters.

DD1- 2007
    DD2 - 2009
    DD3 & 4 - 2011, my miracles born at 23 weeks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to QUIXOTE For This Useful Post:

GM01  (30-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 3 were born 28+3 weeks may 2009. Weighing 1056, 1124 & 1404 grams, spent 7 weeks in NICU & SCN.

Theyre now almost 3 & you wouldn't know they were early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DS at 34 weeks, he weighed 2835g because he was a fatty. He had some feeding issues and spent 3 weeks in the SCU learning how to suck/swallow/breathe.
    He came via emergency c-sec because I had placenta previa and had a large bleed.
    I had two lots of steroid injections and his lungs and other organs came out perfect.

He's now 4 months old and is reaching his milestones well ahead of his age. You wouldn't even know he came a bit early!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dicey For This Useful Post:

cookiedough  (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, My god, some of you have superstar stamina. 140 days in SCN~ what a journey.

Dicey, have found same as you. My guy reaches his milestones about a month earlier than my friends bubs of same age. He had to be a fighter~ had a REALLY bad placental abruption. 70 to 80% of placenta looked like swiss cheese and I suppose he had to persevere in order to survive.

His path went something like this:

Born at 34+5, 1759g, size of a 30w bub (precisely what my last scan predicted). Induced vag birth to save him before placenta completely packed it in.

Off CPAP in 11hrs
    Out of NICU in 2 days
    Out of isolette in 2weeks
    Off all monitoring at 2.5weeks
    Pulled his feeding tube out at 3weeks and it never went back in, despite all assurances it would have to
    Out of SCN and hosp after a month.

He was in longer than most bubs of his Gest Age due to being in bottom 2% weightwise for babies of his Gest age. All he had to do was grow! A touch of jaundice, but other than that, the worst he has had in his 7m of life was a blocked tear duct. We were so lucky. There was a scare at one point about his tiny head (28cm head circum.), they scanned looking for calcification of cranium. They quickly thought to ask me my head size, and it turns out his tiny head was the result of my tiny head! A v minor Left to Right shunt heart arrhythmia (how do you spell that?) that fixed itself up fast.

I almost had 'survivor guilt complex' watching others' difficult and heartbreaking journeys when we seemed to have such an easy time of it.

He was born with a strong suck reflex, I think due to the 3 steroid injections to ensure lung maturity. Apgars of 9 and 9. Had 3 anti-D shots throughout the preg ~ actually found out he was in danger when I was told I had to go in for one of these injections. Why, I asked, as it was not routinely due for rh neg women till later in preg. Was told I'd had a bleed. Bleed, what bleed? Nice of someone to tell me! Of course it was a concealed abruption, so the blood just accumulated in there, further dissecting the placenta from uterus. Scary, to say the least. So the pregnancy was actually a lot hairier and more stressful than the SCN stay, as I didn't know if he'd make it.

Thanks for this chance to tell our story. Hope all your bubs stay in as long as possible, and emerge healthy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

Kyahli  (21-04-2012)