+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The arrival of Sophie Alice

Sophie Alice arrives!
    LONG STORY!
    07/12 at 11:05pm - 55mins before her due date and sister's birthday!
    I am going to try and remember as much as I can so this may end up a bit long.
    Ok everything started happening at 38 weeks when my blood pressure went up, had protein in my urine, swelling everywhere and constant head aches and blurred vision. My dr wanted to induce me and had to go in straight away on Friday 25th Nov - had a lot of monitoring but things calmed down and due to how busy they were they could not induce me then so I was put in my own room for bed rest - the whole weekend it was a waiting game to see when a room became avalible in the delivery suit then on Sunday they decided to send me home as everything but my head aches had calmed down and I was looking good - no baby was very upset. Had to visit the Dr twice a week for CTG monitoring and had a 24 hour wee test - all is good.Mon 28/11 had lil bloody show, they tried to do an internal but couldnt reach my cervix, Friday 2/12 the midwife did an internal and could reach the cervix but still not able to do a s&s. Mon 5th - loosing mucus plug seems like daily since Sat, had another appt and the midwife was able to do the s&s - thank god! Then I had tightenings monday night which were regular but not very painful, became more painful that night and my Mother and sister in law came over and counted with me, but eased by 1am and went to bed. Woke early on the Tuesday with contactions but not regular and eased after a few hours then came back and left agian, head ache and blurred vision arrived at 10 ish and was told to go straight into delivery. there I was again on the CTG, blood taken and came back normal but bubs was not moving too much and the trace on CTG would not rise and fall like they wanted so had to stay in there till 10pm until trace looked better, had an internal - midwife could not reach my cervix, went home with intructions to call my dr in the morning and go into his clinic for an appt and another CTG, they said the contractions I was having were due to an irritated uterus - the s&s irriated my uterus to have regular and painful contractions but my body was not ready to dialte and to go into 'real' labour. WEDNESDAY 7th - Birthday. Woke at 5am with contractions I had to breath through but were not too painful, had a bath as my midwife said that would speed things along if it was labour and stop things if it was not. Bath was not comfortable and I felt like a whale but stayed in there till 7am - contactions were between 5 and 7 mins apart so I took panadine forte and went to bed as my midwife said if it is labour panadine forte will not do anything - contactions eased but after 50mins they were narsty and I told my husband to call my bestie and birth partner as I thought being 5mins apart and my previous labour being 2hrs 50mins that it would happen really fast. Mandy (bestie) came over at around 9:30 so we chatted, went for a walk, went shopping and then to dr appt at 1:40pm - Sean stayed home with the girls. Mandy and I were laughing through the day and had a ball - not too many laughs during contractions which would be regular and consitant when moving around but slow when sitting etc. CTG was not a good enough trace so off for a walk we went laughing all the way, then in the waiting room we sat and waited for what seemed like ages so Mandy and I had fun with Facebook and at around 4pm the contractions were narsty and I was not laughing as much, Mandy went to the front counter and all I know we went into see the nurse straight away and was again hooked up to CTG which was a better trace, dr came in and said I could go home I explained to him that I thought I was in labour so he felt my pelvis and said nope baby's head is too high to be dilating your cervix this is still false labour - irritated uterus, I cried my eyes out begging to be induced or to have a c-section as I was well and trully over it and the contractions were bloody painful. Dr said if my body is not ready another s&s will just irritate it and this whole cycle will continue. Thank god for Mandy as I did not cope with this news. Went to chemist and picked up sleeping tablets and panadine forte, got home at 5:30pm and took panadine forte, Mandy went home to sort out her kids and I waited for the pain to ease but nope I was on all fours trying not to scream whilst Emily asked me to move as I was in the way of the Tv and Mia was rubbing my head saying "its ok Mummy dont be shy' (????shy). Put TENS mashine on called Dr back and left a message, contractions were 2-3mins apart and I was not coping - called Hospital and told them my life story and was told to come in. Chucked kids out to nannie yet agian and pretty much moaned, swore and cried all the way to the hospital.I think by the time we got there the contactions were 1-2 mins apart, got a wheel chair and flew up to delivery where in the entrace I was having a contraction and put into a room straight away, dr came in and midwife - I cried saying this has to be real. This was around 7, checked me out I was 5-6cm dilated with bulging membranes below the head? Again I cried and smiled as this was it - FINALLY after days and weeks of teasing I was having a baby. Called mandy and Meagan (student midwife) to come in as this was it. Think DH called parents aswell. As soon as the internal was complete I was asking for an epidural :0 had gas whilst waiting - horrific contractions, Mandy and Meagan arrived, then shortly after that the AWESOME anethetist arrived and it begun - 9:50pm it was at this time and I was struggling. TENS mashine off - that was my other best friend and had gas untill finally no pain - Oh i so love the epidural!!! sometime then I was checked and was 9cm, the midwife asked when I wanted the baby's birthdate I said 7th and then the pushing began - i was told to do what she said to prevent tearing - due to my bloody cough I coughed at the wrong time and tore a lil but not a biggy then 20mins of pushing Sophie Alice arrived. Sophie did a huge poo on me when they put her on my chest and was blue, all of a sudden she was off to get air, I birthed the placenta and then a whole heap of people were in the room, there was a not in the cord and it tore so the midwife got a spray of blood and I was bleeding more than expected so I was put on a drip to contact my uterus and the dr just kept pushing on my tummy - THANK GOD I had an epidural! all with me was under control and the stitches began, I was having a cuddle with Sophie and feeding and noticed her chest was not rising or falling so I panicked and they took her off to special care to get checked - she was back after 5 mins and fine. After she arrived back Mum came in for cuddles and all was lovely. Epidural took a long time to wear off - awesome so went into the ward at 6am.
    This is my very long birth story but if you got this far reading thank you and it really is worth every second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on your new baby girl!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleIsleSMum For This Useful Post:

mandmprincess  (01-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on the birth of Sophie

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LibranTwin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummypants For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    congratulations!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big Congratulations....and a beautiful name you have chosen, my DD2 has the exact same names. I love both names so much.....