+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adoption nsw

Hi all - we have just had our tenth ivf cycle fail. While we will be going back for one more shot I'm interested in finding out information about overseas adoptions from nsw. I know we have to be totally finished with all fertility treatment so it wouldn't be something we look at for six months or so but thought it would be good to start getting as much information as possible so we can make an informed decision on what we do next. Thanks in advance for the replies - much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rae81,

Im so sorry to hear of your tough journey. I too did ivf for many years and last year after our tenth go and this time using my sister as a donor we still had no luck.

We made the tough( but can I also say there was an enormous sense of relief too) to make the decision to stop. That was about 4 months ago and after a lot of tears I really am feeling good about the decision.

My dh and I are now booked in for foster care training in feb and permanent care training (kind of a hybrid of foster and adoption) in march - a busy year ahead!

We decided to opt against international adoption because we had so many people tell us we will be up for a wait of 5 plus years. We were advised to go down the local adoption path and decided on that. We're in Victoria and I'm pretty sure only Vic and sa do the permanent care option but this sounds like the path for us.

Everyone is different and you may choose international adoption. It may be a different story in Nsw.

Either way, I wish you all the best with this last ivf go.....crossing fingers it's "lucky last"!!

Cheers, Macks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Macks. I hope the meetings and training goes well for you and you have a child to shower with love soon.

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning,

i wanted to update you on our progress. We completed the training and interviews for permanent care and adoption. We were able to do a dual approval for both avenues. I don't think permanent care (kind of a hybrid of foster care and adoption) is available yet in NSW but have heard it may be soon. Anyway, three weeks ago we were approved and now we wait for that lovely call they make to advise you are placed.
    We aren't too sure how long this wait will be but the interview and training process was pretty smooth sailing and not too long at all. We went to our first info session in March 2012 and were approved by the board in December 2012.

Hope all is well with you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Macks For This Useful Post:

rae81  (17-01-2013)