+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6month old day naps

How many naps a day does your LO have during the day? What time is the last nap at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bump Im also curious, DS is only 4 months but it would be nice to know for future reference

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I may be putting him down for his last nap to late in the arvo. He's started to wake more frequently over night. His last nap is 4 ish... Any ideas???????

Thanks
    Reviews
    By 6 months my DD was only having 2 naps a day for about 2 - 2 and a half hours each. Then i would put her down at 7 for the night.

Routine was: Awake at 7
    Play till 9 bed for nap
    Up at 11- 11.30 Lunch, Play
    Bed again at 1.00- 1.30
    Up at 3- 3.30
    Snack, Play, Dinner, Bath,
    Bed at 7.

The last stretch after second nap is hard at times but it's such a busy time of night that they just get used to it. My DD slept through the night so there were no more feeds after 7. Obviously you fit feeds in there with whatever routine suits but that is just a basic routine I set myself. My DD was is now almost 3 and still naps some days and bed by 7.30. I'm not as strict on routine anymore but i used to be very strict. I don't know why... i hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 6mth old generally has 3 sleeps per day, and usually awake for between 1.5 and 2hrs between sleeps. So...

Awake 6am
    Sleep 8-9.30
    Awake 9.30-11.30
    Sleep 11.30 - 1pm
    Awake 1-3pm
    Sleep 3-5pm
    Bed for the night 7pm

He is having 2-3 solid meals per day, and B/F every 3-4hrs in the day time, and twice overnight.
    We don't have a set routine as I often have to get him up from his cot to pick older sibling up from school/sport etc. Sometime if his sleeps are short or disturbed I will put ime down for a 4th sleep. The only thing I schedule is that he sleeps 1.5-2hrs after his last sleep or he gets overtired and irritable, whether that is in the pram, cot or car....

HTH