+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which Sling?

Hi, I currently have a bubba moe sling and I love it! it's pretty much the only way anything every gets done around my house, DD2 is almost 11 weeks and 5.5kg and it's starting to put a real strain on my back, is there anything else similar that would be easier on my back? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with the wrap suggestion. I am a bit of an addict though.

There is another forum that I hope I can mention called Kanga Collective, which has just started for Australian babywearers that has a buy and sell section, and the lovely (mostly) ladies there will be able to give you great suggestions.

My personal preference for a starter wrap (based on my limited experience) would be a BB Slen wrap (which was my first wrap). They are wider than some wraps which make them forgiving for new wrappers, and come in a good range of colors. They are also quite airy but also really cushy and soft straight out of the box so they are really comfortable. I bought mine from Tinoki in Melbourne (online) and it was around $80 or $90 brand new, but you could buy one cheaper used.

Used wraps are also good as they are generally broken in for you - they can be a bit stiff and crunchy sometimes.

Probably a bit TMI, but I love babywearing

ETA that I mean there are mostly ladies on the Kanga Collective forum, not that they are mostly lovely

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

jemmajam  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thank you for the advice much appreciated I'll have a look at kanga collective

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    What about a mei tai? now your bubba is getting some neck control this would be a good one

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

jemmajam  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I like the look of the mei tai, do you have one is it comfy to wear over long periods?