+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 14 month old still has 2 day sleeps, I find if he dosnt he is harder to get to sleep at night, he does 9.30 pm to 8.30 am , a 1 hour nap at 12.30 and a 1-1/2 hour nap at 5pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD2 is 13mths and has since about 10.5mths settled into the following sleeping habits.

at night bed 7/730pm
    morning up at 8am
    nap time 1230/1pm for 2.5/3hrs.

4pm is my cut off for afternoon nap, i always wake her by 4 if she's not already up so she'll be tired enough for bedtime at night.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

jennibear  (01-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has just recently turned one & he is also a PITA to even just be put down for one nap. He also used to do naps at 9am & then 2pm but then 2pm one kept getting later & later until it was nonexistent. Then he started resisting the first nap, so I started stretching it later each day. Now lunch has been tweaked to start at 11.15ish & nap by 12. When he does go down for a nap (it's a struggle!) I usually get 2 hrs. For some reason he still won't go to bed until 7.30-8pm (up at 6am no matter what!). I think my ds's nap/bed struggle is due to a new development (walking). So developmental maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Smiley Face I'm hoping our bedtime shenanigans is due to a developmental phase too. DS is a PITA to get to bed at night as well. I can't decide if he is trying not to go to sleep or just can't settle down. It's taking an hour lately and he screams the house down if we try to leave the room : / nap time is better but sometimes the same for that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Ow I could have written this thread! I am currently suffering from total exhaustion due to my charming and wonderful 16 month-old DS suddenly dropping his day naps and as a single Mum who has had no help at all the last few days I'm over it!!

I think it's a crazy time at this age.... it's partly due to teething (have you checked DS's mouth for new teeth as this always seems to send my DS into a spin with day naps), and probably just partly due to them being much more aware of their environment now as is a huge step for bubs becoming toddlers.

I know DS is tired and he is literally rubbing his eyes, but I put him down for his usual nap in the morning and he won't sleep! We go to the park and play and he falls asleep in the car on the way home but then wakes again 10 minutes later! It used to be 2 hour nap....

If you figure it out please do share!
    Boy i feel your pain!! Its so tough isnt it!!! I thinking of putting them both down for a sleep at around 11am then TRY to put DS down again around 3-4pm! I have checked his teeth and there MIGHT be something there ( its so hard to tell hehehe) he hasnt had any teeth come through in MONTHS!!!

I also thkn it might actually have something to do with his development stage, hes just recently (in the last 2 weeks) started walking so maybe that has something to do with it too.
    Im kinda hoping its just gona fix itself and ill stop tearing my hair out!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well DS is teething.... which explains a lot! But he gets all crazy with his day naps just before the teeth break through, yet I can see the buggers there protruding from the gums, poor little guy...

He seems to have gone from 2 lengthy day naps to one short one in the mid-late morning and one big one in the arvo around 2.30-3pm for a couple of hours at least.

But of course, just when he goes down for his arvo nap and I head for the lounge and some shut-eye myself, someone pops by for a visit..... grrrrrr why do they always come in the afternoon??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS is nearly 12 months, his naps are a bit all over the place. Somedays he only has one nap (today was a 3 hour nap, yesterday was only 40 mins), somedays he has two (one at 10ish and another at 3ish). He goes to sleep anytime 6.30-8.30 and at the moment is waking 6/7ish. It's really odd as his routine is just totally out the window and we're just winging each day. Makes me nervous lol!