+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to know about the morning sickness, makes me feel a bit better about feeling fine! I'm guessing I would only be about 5 weeks?

I've told DH and he can't keep the smile off of his face! He keeps giving me this big cheesy grin : ) He can't really believe its happened - I think he's pretty impressed with his little swimmers!

Still trying not to get overly excited, but it's hard not to! Do I just make a doctors appointment? And will they get me to do a blood test to confirm? I have no idea what happens next obviously!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your story is the exactly the same as mine from this morning. Tested with the Internet cheapie first thing & got the faintest of second line. It was so faint you could only see it in certain light. So went to the shops & got a first response test & second line came up straight away & so much stronger!!

Congrats on your bfp!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for you desperatetofall! Have you been trying long? Here's hoping our next 8ish months goes well : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep you get it confirmed with a blood test at the docs. As for scans and stuff you can have a dating scan to confirm your dates ect but i don't reccomend having one until you are at least 7 weeks but 8 is better. If you get one at 6-7 weeks you might worry for no reason if they can't find a heart beat at that stage which is common. By 8 weeks you will see one for sure.

Best scan is the 12 week one- they are so tiny but perfectly formed it's just magical. Your and your DH won't be able to stop smiling once you see your little one

It's so cute that your DH is so happy I know things can go wrong but you don't want to ruin this special time worrying about something that in all likelihood won't happen. Enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahalia27 View Post
    Yay for you desperatetofall! Have you been trying long? Here's hoping our next 8ish months goes well : )
    This was our third month trying. What about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def looks like a +ve to me Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was our first month of actually trying - we've been planning TTC for a few months with finances, vitamins, prenatal check, research etc but honestly thought it would take much longer! poor DH thought he was in for a lot more bd'ing than that!