+ Reply to Thread

Default Clingy toddler! Please help!

Please help!!!

My 21 month old DD has all of a sudden become SOOOOO clingy to me!

I have a 5 month old DS too so I feel like im struggling and at wits end with DD, she constantly whinges and whines for me to pick her up, if i walk around the house doing things, she follows and cries and cries

If she stays at my mum and dads house, she is an angel, they say she doesnt whinge or cry at all, but as soon as i walk in the room she starts with the whinging and crying and saying "uppp" i cant handle it anymore

i spend a lot of time with her and she gets lots of attention from my family (we are very close and she is at my mum and dads a lot), so i dont think she is feeling neglected by me or anything like that and i dont think she is jealous of DS because this has only started in the past few weeks

I have tried giving her more attention, but as soon as i walk away to cook dinner, clean etc she cracks it!!!! i have even tried ignoring the whinging but it still continues! (i feel terrible when i do this, but thought i'd give it a go to see if it would help)

i really dont know what to do! is this a stage all toddlers go through?? im really hoping it will end soon!

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    day care its a wonderful place

give us ALL a break

Default I Understand!

Oh my goodness, I really know how you feel. My toddler is clingy too. She started being clingy around 20 months or so. She has an older sister who is 7yrs, so she isn't jealous of time.... my toddler is now 25 months and it drives me crazy. She constantly wants me to pick her up and as soon as I put her down, she follows me everywhere and whinges. It does my head in, so I know how you feel. To make matters worse I work full time So I just get a grumpy whinging toddler every morning and every afternoon. I wish I had an answer for you because I desperately want one too. Hopefully someone will reply to us... surely we aren't the only ones??