Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you mean YT vlogs as in day in the life kinda thing and pregnancy diaries or do you mean promoting personal businesses?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Do you mean YT vlogs as in day in the life kinda thing and pregnancy diaries or do you mean promoting personal businesses?
    Just their videos and channels in general.

Veve the following quote is an idea as to how promoting your YouTube videos and channels can benefit a YouTube member, beyond promoting other things such as blogs and businesses.
    YouTube Community

There are many ways YouTube members can interact with one another. You can send private messages or make a comment for everyone to see through a user's personal channel. You can also comment on individual videos unless the video's creator has turned off that feature.
    Some YouTubers prefer to turn off the comment feature in an effort to avoid trolls -- members who leave insulting comments. Another annoying comment byproduct is spam. Some YouTube accounts seem to exist only so that the user can leave comments advertising a particular Web site or YouTube video in as many comment sections as possible. Fortunately, YouTube has provided users with an option to block specific accounts from commenting on videos.
    Some YouTubers want to keep every comment, even negative ones. That's because each comment on a video contributes to the clip becoming one of YouTube's "most discussed" videos. When a video lands on the most discussed list, it's featured on YouTube's videos section, which can result in a dramatic increase in viewers. On YouTube, it really is true that there's no such thing as bad publicity.
    YouTubers can even leave video responses to another video. The member wishing to comment films himself or herself and uploads it to YouTube as a comment. It's possible for two or more members to engage in a video conversation or debate by uploading video replies to one another. YouTube has a Quick Capture tool that allows members to record a video using a Webcam and upload it to the site using a single application, which works great for video responses.
    Another way users can interact is to rate one another's videos. Under each video is a rating mechanism that ranges from one to five stars. YouTube members can rate videos (non-members can only watch and enjoy). YouTube automatically tallies user ratings and features the highest rated videos on the videos page.
    Many YouTubers use their accounts to express admiration or condemnation for other YouTubers. Behind every prominent YouTuber is a small army of supporters and detractors. There are many passionate and sometimes fiery videos on YouTube focused on other members.
    Not all community interaction is between YouTube members -- YouTube also has an official blog where members can read up on new developments on the site. YouTube staff members write the blog entries and use the space to announce new events, contests and interesting YouTube applications.
    In the next section, we'll look at the rules and regulations that YouTube community members are expected to follow.
    http://money.howstuffworks.com/youtube5.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Right so according to that quote, as long as a bubhub member isn't posting videos that get lots of comments, makes lots of comments, makes money from, is offensive or graphic, promotes business of any kind etc then there's no issue.....

*Dear iPhone, stop autocorrecting all my swear words you piece of shut.
    Can't!
    DYAC...go to he'll*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

Jess1889  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think its something for bubhub to look into. There are reasons why they have stopped people from linking fb groups and blogs, and I feel people can link their YouTube videos and channels for the same or similar reasons. To generate interest (comments and ratings) to potentially bump their popularity, or to get around advertising rules and promote their blogs, websites and businesses.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with me bringing this up and asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I'm not talking about any one in particlar, but I have seen several members link to their videos and video channels over the past few months and I was just curious as to where exactly it stands.
    A YouTube channel is basically your profile on YouTube that lists all the videos you have uploaded.
    I just think if you cant directly link people to facebook groups, businesses and blogs, why can you self promote your YouTube videos and channels, which can then be used to redirect you to your business, blog or what ever. There is also the benefit of generating interest on your videos and channels, possibly making you rank higher than other similar videos, or possibly making them popular videos.
    Actually yeah, this is something I'm now wondering about myself

I have a blog - but not a Youtube channel. I mean let's face it, they're pretty much the same for a lot of people. I prefer to write (blog) where as others prefer to vlog (talk on webcam). How come it's OK to promote ones videos but it's not OK to promote one blog on their signature??? Doesn't make much sense to me I'm afraid.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (30-12-2011)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'll look into the information ..

thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Veve For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (30-12-2011)