Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Facebook, Blogger and YouTube links..

Bubhub rules state that you can't link to Facebook groups and your own personal blog etc, but what about personal YouTube videos and channels?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (30-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Really?? Did it bother you that much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Links to Other Websites

The Bubhub forum is not designed for advertising purposes- if you are looking to promote a service or business, please refer to the Bubhub Directory.
    Please check the list below before posting any link on the forum or in a Private Message.

Do not link to or promote-
    • Online competitions, polls, petitions or elections that are not part of the Bubhub website. We do allow links to online petitions that are relevant to our audience, however this is at the discretion of the administration team, please contact a moderator before posting. Petitions must not be for personal gain.
    • Any site at which members receive financial (or other) rewards for referring friends.
    • Any other parenting websites (there are exceptions to this rule - please contact a moderator for confirmation before posting).
    • Any material that could be potentially offensive and or graphic (this includes links to jokes or you-tube)
    • E-bay stores- the moderating team simply do not have time to work out if it is YOUR business or not.
    • General e-bay auctions (the only exception to this rule are e-bay auctions that our members might find interesting or different e.g. funny/ abstract items up for auction.)
    • Facebook groups (even those that are parenting related) - please use the social groups function that is on the bubhub forum to connect with other parents/ organise gatherings etc
    Members can place a link to their personal blog in their profile, however it can not be placed in a signature, or promoted in a forum post. You can NOT post purely with the purpose of pointing people in the direction of your profile (and therefore your blog link).

Members should not post or PM information that -infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other proprietary right of any party, constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, any other forum of unauthorized solicitation or any forum of lottery or gambling.
    People post youtube links all the time....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannonigans View Post
    Really?? Did it bother you that much?
    Who said this has anything to do with you?
    I was just curious as it seemed that they have covered everything else but YouTube hasn't been from what I can see. I don't care if you have your BFing journey video on your signature or what ever, has nothing to do with that.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    it is my understanding that youtube is fine as long as it is not graphic in nature ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannonigans View Post
    People post youtube links all the time....
    Yeah, I am talking about self promotion..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Bubhub rules state that you can't link to Facebook groups and your own personal blog etc, but what about personal YouTube videos and channels?
    You make a very good point Bell & Bug. I would like to know too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    it is my understanding that youtube is fine as long as it is not graphic in nature ..
    So it is ok to self promote your YouTube channel?

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    So it is ok to self promote your YouTube channel?
    I'm unaware of youtube 'channels' - as I do not spend much time on you tube it eats download in massive chunks if you use it a lot??

IF you are discussing another bubhubber in any way shape or form can you PM me regarding the issue??? (feel free to explain youtube channels to me in the PM too )

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    I'm unaware of youtube 'channels' - as I do not spend much time on you tube it eats download in massive chunks if you use it a lot??

IF you are discussing another bubhubber in any way shape or form can you PM me regarding the issue??? (feel free to explain youtube channels to me in the PM too )

Jen
    I'm not talking about any one in particlar, but I have seen several members link to their videos and video channels over the past few months and I was just curious as to where exactly it stands.
    A YouTube channel is basically your profile on YouTube that lists all the videos you have uploaded.
    I just think if you cant directly link people to facebook groups, businesses and blogs, why can you self promote your YouTube videos and channels, which can then be used to redirect you to your business, blog or what ever. There is also the benefit of generating interest on your videos and channels, possibly making you rank higher than other similar videos, or possibly making them popular videos.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (30-12-2011),Pinkzy  (30-12-2011)