+ Reply to Thread
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I think I have a bit of glass stuck in my foot?

Yesterday I cut my foot on some beer bottles. The cut is all fine - I am keeping it clean and hopefully it will start closing over soon.

But today I noticed a sore bit just next to the cut and its a little dark dot. When I push on it with cotton tip it kinda stings like there is a tiny bit of glass stuck in there.

Just wondering if I should

1. get a pin and dig about and see if I can find anything in there (basically make a hole in the foot)
    2. just leave it and keep cleaning it with tea tree when I clean the cut and the glass (if there is any in there) will come out on its own?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    If it were me. I would dig it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH cut his foot on glass the other night (bottle of stir fry sauce that DD2 knocked out of pantry)

we dug around in it but came up with nothing. his sounds exactly the same as yours.
    his aunt is a general surgeon, her advice to him was keep it clean and hope nature takes its course - she told him to give it a week and see how it feels.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh my DH said to leave it and it will work its way out on its own?? he used to be a pro skater in his youth and still to this day he will get a bit of glass, rock or something else out of his knees. wierd!

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ichimol. I've mentioned it before on here and highly recommend it.
    Also if you run your finger lightly over it does it still do the same or can you feel something? If not it's probably not worth digging.

In regards to your DH still getting things out of his knee.. I Have 2 marks on my thumb I know are from bitumen from 1989. Parents and professionals won't believe me but I know that;'s what it's from.. there is no lumps or pain just dots.
    Last edited by BarefootedMumma; 30-12-2011 at 22:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dig,dig,dig!!!