+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Janeleope and welcome to our growing group.

I just want to say congratulations on taking the first step to a healthy lifestyle. You are taking the perfect action by setting yourself small goals... The sense of satisfaction that you get as you achieve them will amaze you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks idacat hopefully small steps will get me there!

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I have kind of been watching this thread a bit whilst not really commenting. The last 2 months DH & I have been TTC but as I have been using shakes for weight loss I haven't been doing a lot of losing weight atm.

I hope you don't mind me joining in now, I am concentrating on the weight loss for a few months, thinking till June atm as it was lucky last year (unfortunately resulting in a miscarriage) and at present I am due to ovulate on my birthday (A good sign I hope).

Also with TTC DH's Depression has knocked him for 6 again and the DTD feel worse then planned.. it feels down right forced from both of us. So we are giving it a bit of a break.

So my vital stats are...

Barefooted
    TTC for 18 Months
    Starting Weight- 159kg
    First goal- 149kg (then DH will buy me Wii fit+)
    End Goal Weight 100kg
    Commitments -Opti Fast Shakes 2 meals a day healthy dinner.

I have actually lost um whatever the ticker below says less 3kg since june last year doing spurts of Optifast but Christmas/ Newyears/ DH's Birthday have made it creep back on a little.

Welcome Barefoot!

The best desicion any overweight TTC woman can do is lose the excess kilos and you've made a start which is great.

I know that TTC is a tough road for any husband and wife at the best of times and since i've suffered from depression myself, I know how you both feel. Taking temps, BT's and OPK's definitely takes the romance out of it. But I hope that you both can endure it and with the weight loss, make that baby dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    i love your positive attitude!! who cares about a little sagging skin if you get a baby and a new skinny you out of it and as you said you can always have surgery to fix it up! always look on the bright side i say
    After what i've been through, I definitley have to have a positive attitude and TBH, I was never like that. I was such a pessimist and always thinking negatively. But that has now changed and with the weight loss going great guns, I finally do see light at the end of the tunnel and it feels great!

Quote Originally Posted by Janelleope View Post
    Hi all
    I have been reading through all the posts in this thread tonight...then had to stop for a random burst of tears....then stop further to explain to DH why I was crying and I finally decided that I want to jump on the bandwagon and get moving with TTC and that this would be a great group to share with and rejoice on our successes together!! So to a little bit about me:
    Im 33 in a few months, DH and I have been married for 6 years and I have been off contraception since our wedding. I started out tracking my cycle back then which then became hard as i would go months without a period. My doctor did a gamete of bloods and found out that I had Hypothyroidism and hormone levels of testosterone etc suggested PCOS but due to my weight this has not been explored further by my doc or me. Im not sure what I currently weigh as I havent weighed myself in 18mths as I'm scared to get on the WII and it tell me I'm too heavy to weigh (aka 150kgs +) as this has happened before and I reckon that I am about at that weight again. Hubby is also overweight and since May we have been doing Lite n Easy mainly for well rounded healthy meals and the convienence.
    I'm starting to get scared that I have left my run too late and am feeling the ticking of that biological clock. I havent pursued any fertility help due to my weight and me thinking that no one would help me and also due to me not wanting to fall pregnant when I am so overweight, and the other reason being that I have not given up smoking and I do not want to get pregnant until I have quit for at least 3 months. So this year I have decided is the year of change and am currently setting small goals in order to achieve the big one. I would really love to be included in this weekly update and chat to support one another and hope you gals will have me!!
    Welcome Janelleope!

Good for both you and DG for starting to lose weight. You'll both feel so much healthier in the long run. Are you going to get tested to find out whether you do have PCOS or not? It's best to get all your bloods done and out of the way, plus any scan/US to make sure that there is nothing wrong inside.

As for being scare thinking you've left it too late, you definitely haven't. I'm going to be 37 next month and there is no way in hell that i'm ever going to give up my or DH's dream on having a baby. I've been through hell and back TTC these last 5 years and you've haven't even started yet. So all I can say is, don't ever give up your dream. If you want a baby so badly you will fight for it. You never say never.

As for not pursuing any fertility treatment, go ask for a referral. You won't know until you ask. Plus it depends on which state you're in. I know that here in Perth you must have a BMI under 35 to even be considered and treatment unless you see one specific FS who does treat women with a BMI over 40. I have a friend on another forum who is about 124kgs and should be starting IVF in the next couple of months. So you should definitly go and have a chat with your Dr and see what they have to say. You could end up be a mum sooner than you think.

And setting up small weight loss goals is great. It doesn't make you feel so overwhelmed. So great thinking.

I wish you nothing but good luck in your TTC and hope it's a short one for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks heaps for your words of encouragent. my goals for next week are to decrease the number of ciggies I have by a third stick to lite n easy properly and to walk at least four out of seven days Trying to do small goals that become habits so being on Monday and some positive changes!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Janelleope For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oops bring on Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello everyone who has joined our wee group! its nice knowing we arent alone in our long and difficult journeys to conceive

Ive been trying hard to stay focused the past 2 weeks but things are all over the place in my life at the moment. My husband is moving away for work so I will be husbandless for 4 days a week... its stressing me out because we have never been apart in the 5 years we have been together, but I know this is what is best for him as a person and us as a couple so I am learning to deal with it. Its going to play havoc with TTC though, us being apart, but he is only 1.5 hours up the road so I can always nip up to his new house if O day happens to fall on the days he is away hehehe.

I have lost 2kg this week, im actually really quite proud of myself! I have been having diet shakes morning and night and for lunches have been eating as much green foods as I can get my hand on (some yummy some not so yummy) Im doing this because all my research into TTC all seems to point towards green food being best? Broccoli, spinach, 2x kiwi fruit every day. Also carrots and a boiled egg, and I started taking evening primrose oil and royal jelly in an effort to concieve. With DH moving away, this also means we will no longer be able to see our FS for at least 6 months. This is mainly because of the distance so traveling with DH's sample on my lap for 2 hours to be able to do IUI is obviously not ideal and also we cant afford it now that we are effectively running 2 households

It breaks my heart knowing there is a baby in waiting that could be conceived and now wont be just yet, but like I said earlier, it is for the best and this is another reason why all my new found research and 'green foods' are really important..... heres hoping we can make a baby on our own.... Havent been able to the last 4 years but ya never know! Being apart I think is going to help with weight loss, on both our parts. We usually take turns i being the weak one and giving in to temptation so without the other person there, I know for myself at least I will stick to my shakes and will exercise alot more... mainly because ill have nothing else to do and no one to talk to except all our furrbabies

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi siege congrats on the two KGs lost YAY!!! isn't it funny how sometimes the person u love the most (dh) can be the worst saboteur and vice versa. hubby and I are the same when it comes to bad food!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janelleope View Post
    hi siege congrats on the two KGs lost YAY!!! isn't it funny how sometimes the person u love the most (dh) can be the worst saboteur and vice versa. hubby and I are the same when it comes to bad food!!!
    It's really bad!!!
    I always gee myself up and get excited about having a shake then doing 30mins in the treadmill but then I'll get a text saying "I've had a **** day, can you pick up hungry jacks" I think ok I'll get it for him and I will be strong and have nothing but AS SOON as I pull into that drive thru, it's all over lol.
    I can be just as bad though, stuck in stupid Brisbane traffic.... See a HJs or McDs sign and think, stuff it!! Once a week is ok... Often forgetting the text from the night before lol.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    CHECKIN:
    Member: Barefooted
    Checkin in day:Today (I'm shocking with schedules atm as no one in my house works or has commitments)

Current week:1 Maybe 2
    Exercise goal/s:Do something
    Achieved?: Mowed the lawn, and went to the shops for shopping. Also Whipped cream by hand.

Weight goal/s:To get back in line with my ticker
    Achieved?:Yes today

Food goal/s: Get back on shakes and eat healthy
    Achieved?: No. I have had 2 shakes all week, ate lollies, maccas, KFC ad Pizza (although at least pizza has 5 food groups)

Other goal/s:
    Achieved?:

This week I am most proud of myself because: I have been sensible when I feel like a junk food snack and have been having them inmoderation and only small meals when having take away.
    I rewarded my effort this week by: Doing nothing

Next Week: Get to a Total loss of 25KG or more
    Exercise goal/s: Mow the lawns again
    Weight goal/s: As above
    Food goal/s: Concentrate more on the shakes
    Other goal/s:

Next week I am looking forward to: Being able to edit my ticker again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is it too late to join in?

My DH and I have been TTC since April last year after our DD was born sleeping Have had several chemicals in that time and a major health scare that has seen me get back on the weightloss wagon, even though it had pretty much sped off without me

I was 105kg when I got sick and have worked my way down to 91kg. Would ideally like to get to just under 80kg and maintain.

Am hoping further weightloss will mean we conceive a sticky bub as well as make symptoms disappear for a medical condition I have.

I have just been tracking calories religiously and it seems to be working, no exercise as yet. I'm not starving but eating FAR less than I was when I was off track.

Hope you don't mind me joining in.