+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    CHECKIN TEMPLATE: (please quote and complete each week if you are checking in)

Version 1 - pls suggest any changes and we can keep it evolving! I will add to first post once we sorted it out so its easy to find

CHECKIN:
    Member:
    Checkin in day:

Current week:
    Exercise goal/s:
    Achieved?:

Weight goal/s:
    Achieved?:

Food goal/s:
    Achieved?:

Other goal/s:
    Achieved?:

This week I am most proud of myself because:
    I rewarded my effort this week by:

Next Week:
    Exercise goal/s:
    Weight goal/s:
    Food goal/s:
    Other goal/s:

Next week I am looking forward to:
    Last edited by Buttoneska; 09-01-2012 at 17:06.

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    so true! i think i will be much more baby focused when i am with DH too. right now it's not much of a focus for me because i'm not with DH there is zero chance i'll get UTD.
    whilst i was in fiji in november i lost, without trying, around 3 kilos in two weeks. it just seems a much healthier lifestyle over there so hopefully i won't have to try too hard to lose the weight.
    besides, chocolate is so expensive about $8 a block

i dont think you've ruined your chances a friend's mum was overweight and 42 when she had her last bubba and that was only in 2010! we all need to stay positive, and help each other stay positive
    At least you can take some "you" time which will be fantastic for you. Help clear the mind so that when you get back with DH you can start making babie straight away. LOL Plus it'll be good if you don't really have to try too hard to lose the weight. Another added bonus!
    $8 for a chocolate bar! Wow, that's a good enough reason to not eat the stuff.

Thanks Hun. It's good to hear stories like that. One of DH's friends is 42 and so is his wife. They were TTC for 10 years before they went and did IVF and now they has a little girl and would like to try for another. So I guess if women at that age are having a successful PG, I can't see why not. Oh yeah now I remember why, because of my MC track record. I so wish I don't have another one if I get UTD again. Would be so heartbreaking for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda1010 View Post
    Hi Ladies I have just read all your posts and wanted to give you some hope and success that I have just had.

My husband and I had been trying to conceive for 4 years I currently weigh 123kgs. We went to a fs and was found I had severe endometriosis and had a tube removed. Was told my only chance to get pregnant was with IVF which we endevoured. (hopefulmum2b I was never turned away because of my weight, which I was surprised as was so use to being told everything would be fine if I lost weight) We completed 2 unsuccessful rounds, then my fs told us about a new initiative through Sydney IVF which was called fit for fertility which included a personal trainer and a dietician. It was the same price $50 a week for myself or for hubby to do with me. So we both went on the program with the motivation also that the money if we met our goals was taken off our next round of IVF. it was a 12 week program which hubby lost 15kgs and. I lost 11kgs. the dietician was excellent we basically cut out all fat in our diet for 6 days a week and we were aloud to go out and eat whatever we wanted one meal a week.

We then completed another round of IVF and were successful I am currently 12 weeks pregnant my first ever pregnancy.... Such a great program and if u ever have the opportunity to go on I highly recommend it.

Wishing you all luck in becoming pregnant in 2012
    Belinda, it's totally different here in Perth. You can not have a BMI over 35 if you want to have IVF, hence me be given the no go. It's crap I know, but what can I do except lose the weight (which I am) and then go see them again. Plus with me having 3 MC under my belt and my weight, they wouldn't want to touch me anyway because they class me as a "high risk". Can you believe that!? So with that being said, DH and I have decided that when the time comes, I would like to go and see someone else and who is closer.

Congrats on your pregnancy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

Sorry I haven't replied for a while - its been hectic around here and I have been quite unfocused. BUT I am back on board now!

I had tagged you all to do a multi quote but accidnetly deleted everyone when I went to reply - so I will try to remmeber what I was going to say.

SIEGE - congratulations mate!! That is amazing!! I have updated you on the front page WOOT WOOT!!

Hopeful - I have added you to the list but not sure if I got your current weight right with the new loss you noted. Are you now 95.5kg?

Angellini - dont worry hun, I have been a bit slack too. Back on the horse - every moment is a new moment!

MrsT - how are you doing? When do you go to Fiji?

Belinda - thansk for your post and congrats on the pregnancy. 11kgs is wonderful, you must be soo happy and proud of yourself!!

Ok, so onto business - I weight myself the other day and had gone up from 114 to 115.7 and then this morning I was 114.5 so not sure exactly where I am, but I have put on weight since last week I know that.

For my CHECK IN - I have decided to it on a Thursday. And I think everyone should do theirs whatever day that suits them? I will add a new post below with a little speel we can fill out each time we check in.

I am also going to try to do a new ticker in my signature. I have decided that instead of aiming fro 85kg I am going for 67kg. Why not hah! If I can get to 85kf I can get to 67kg. 85kg will be my 2nd goal and then onto 67kg (99kg my first).
    I'm currently sitting at 97kgs on the dot. I have managed to put on 1.2kgs in 4 days though. How the hell does that happen when my eating habits haven't changed? I'm so upset that I had a cry to DH this morning when he rang. God bless him, he tells me not to worry and that it's probably because i'm about to surf the crimson wave but I tell him that I should only put on a few grams not kilos! I'm devastated right now. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. But i'll see what weight I am when I go to my weigh in at Jenny Craig this arvo.

CHECKIN TEMPLATE: (please quote and complete each week if you are checking in)

Version 1 - pls suggest any changes and we can keep it evolving! I will add to first post once we sorted it out so its easy to find

CHECKIN:
    Member:
    Checkin in day:

Current week:
    Exercise goal/s:
    Achieved?:

Weight goal/s:
    Achieved?:

Food goal/s:
    Achieved?:

Other goal/s:
    Achieved?:

This week I am most proud of myself because:
    I rewarded my effort this week by:

Next Week:
    Exercise goal/s:
    Weight goal/s:
    Food goal/s:
    Other goal/s:

Next week I am looking forward to:
    This is awesome Buttoneska. Nice work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hopefulmum (and anyone else who is confused by weight gain) make sure you are weighing yourself at the same time each week. ie if your initial weigh in is in the morning then continue to weigh in the morning. your night time weight is almost always going to be heavier than your morning weight. Also try to only weigh yourself once a week. as hard as this is different things can influence what you weigh on different days, so i find once a week and mornings to be the most accurate weight.
    buttoneska i am off to fiji in 2 weeks and 4 days (not that i'm counting ) so the next couple of weeks are probably going to be stressful and i'll probably fall off my dieting attempts on more than one occasion but i know (and will force myself) to have a routine set up whilst i am in fiji. no work means i have no excuse to sit around on my bum all day and not fit in at least an hour of exercise! also i love the check in sheet - i will do my first proper one next week
    Hopeful - it is random success stories of friends, family members, etc that always encourage me if i'm feeling down about it. my mum was told she'd never ever have children and then fell pregnant with twins (my sister and i) so i hold strong beliefs that anything is possible!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hopefulmum (and anyone else who is confused by weight gain) make sure you are weighing yourself at the same time each week. ie if your initial weigh in is in the morning then continue to weigh in the morning. your night time weight is almost always going to be heavier than your morning weight. Also try to only weigh yourself once a week. as hard as this is different things can influence what you weigh on different days, so i find once a week and mornings to be the most accurate weight.

Hopeful
    - it is random success stories of friends, family members, etc that always encourage me if i'm feeling down about it. my mum was told she'd never ever have children and then fell pregnant with twins (my sister and i) so i hold strong beliefs that anything is possible!
    I weigh myself once a week, in the morning in, the same spot. I know not to weigh myself everyday or at night and that you tend to gain some when AF is due because of water retention. My Dr and PT have told me the same thing. So i'm not confused. I just started freaking out because there is no way in hell that I could have possibly put on 1.5kgs in 4 days. I'm on Jenny Craig so there is no junk food to eat. Plus I am very anal about what I eat and drink. I told the girls yesterday when I weighed in and was glad to know that i've actually lost .3kgs. I know it's not much, but it's a loss and that's all that counts. We've put it down to faulty scales and not a faulty me. LOL

That's good that you have random stories to encourage you. If it's what keeps you motivated then go for it. Plus looking at your mum would be a great incentive seeing as she was told she would never have kids and ended with 2 for the price of 1. LOL And I like the whole "anything is possible" attitude. You will go far if you keep thinking that, seeing as you're still quite young. So good for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well that's a relief that it was faulty scales! i would freak if mine said i gained 1.5kg in 4 days, especially considering you're doing jenny craig! my scales are so not accurate, im contemplating weighing myself at one of those supermarket ones i think they're supposed to be pretty accurate. in any event i won't have scales once i move to fiji so i'm not sure what i'll do then?? just go with the flow and judge by the way my clothes fit me i guess
    i'm trying to stay calm, relaxed and positive about the whole situation and hope that i can stay that way until i fall pregnant lol only time will tell i guess!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    also, i have started a food diary thread for anyone interested http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...g-food-diaries

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well that's a relief that it was faulty scales! i would freak if mine said i gained 1.5kg in 4 days, especially considering you're doing jenny craig! my scales are so not accurate, im contemplating weighing myself at one of those supermarket ones i think they're supposed to be pretty accurate. in any event i won't have scales once i move to fiji so i'm not sure what i'll do then?? just go with the flow and judge by the way my clothes fit me i guess
    i'm trying to stay calm, relaxed and positive about the whole situation and hope that i can stay that way until i fall pregnant lol only time will tell i guess!
    Oh yeah massive relief. Don't think i'll be weighing myself on those for a while and just stick to the ones at JC and the Dr's.
    Can you take some scales with you? I know that they have some nice slim line glass ones. Maybe take something like that will you. But then again, judging yourself by the way your clothes fit is an excellent and much better way to go about it. I know I was worried a while back because I had put on a few grams and my PT told me that now i'm doing a lot of weights, it's my muscle build up that's going to do it. It's not fat gain.

So when do you finally make to move to Fiji? Is it for work? Will it be a permanent thing or just a few years? I can think of worse places to you. Lucky girl! Enjoy yourself and send in lots of pics so we can be totally jealous. LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    i thought about taking scales, but then i don't care too much what they say, i'd just like to be happy with what i see in the mirror! like back when i used to be 65kg (which i thought was too heavy!) i was actually quite skinny (10 - 12) so it goes to show you can't judge your size by your weight!
    i just booked my flight this morning for 28 jan! so excited! my DH is over there at the moment (he's fijian) he lived here for nearly 6 years, we're married and immigration still refused his new visa application so we're trying to get that sorted out. so i won't be working but i'll only be over there for around 6 months

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    CHECKIN:
    Member: Buttoneska
    Checkin in day: Thursday

Current week:
    No goals this week - I hadn't set any goals
    Weight: 114.7kg (gained 0.7kg)

Next Week:
    Exercise goal/s:
    Xbox - 3 x 30min sessions
    Bike ride - 1 x 30min ride

Weight goal/s:
    Lose 1kg

Food goal/s:
    Eat healthy breakfast every day

Other goal/s:
    Listen to my hypnotice mp3 x 4 days at least
    Keep food diary

Next week I am looking forward to: having more energy at work by taking the time to eat a proper breakfast

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (13-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i thought about taking scales, but then i don't care too much what they say, i'd just like to be happy with what i see in the mirror! like back when i used to be 65kg (which i thought was too heavy!) i was actually quite skinny (10 - 12) so it goes to show you can't judge your size by your weight!
    i just booked my flight this morning for 28 jan! so excited! my DH is over there at the moment (he's fijian) he lived here for nearly 6 years, we're married and immigration still refused his new visa application so we're trying to get that sorted out. so i won't be working but i'll only be over there for around 6 months
    I would hate the idea of talking scales. I reckon that if I didn't like the weight that they said, they'd be out the window! I was around 75kgs when I met my DH 17 years ago and would kill to be that weight again. I will one day. Just have to do it slowly and i'm sure you will get back to that weight one day too. I was the same. I thought I was heavy back then too. Married life sure does change you. You get too comfortable with each other and then next thing you know, you're looking for bigger clothes but you're still in denile. Oh well. Such is life I guess.

Oh how exciting! Such a gorgeous place. Would love to go there one day. 6 months isn't too long, but how you have a wonderful time while you're there.

CHECKIN:
    Member: Buttoneska
    Checkin in day: Thursday

Current week:
    No goals this week - I hadn't set any goals
    Weight: 114.7kg (gained 0.7kg)

Next Week:
    Exercise goal/s:
    Xbox - 3 x 30min sessions
    Bike ride - 1 x 30min ride

Weight goal/s:
    Lose 1kg

Food goal/s:
    Eat healthy breakfast every day

Other goal/s:
    Listen to my hypnotice mp3 x 4 days at least
    Keep food diary

Next week I am looking forward to: having more energy at work by taking the time to eat a proper breakfast
    Sounds great Buttoneska. I'll do mine now I think.

CHECKIN:
    Member: Hopefulmum2b
    Checkin in day: Friday

Current week:
    No goals this week
    Weight: 99 kgs. Lost .3kgs in a week

Next Week:
    Exercise goal/s:
    Weights: 3-4 x 30min sessions
    Swimming

Weight goal/s:
    Lose anywhere between .5-1kg

Food goal/s:
    Stick to the meal plan

Other goal/s:
    Try not too think too much about the weight loss and enjoy every day as it comes.

Next week I am looking forward to: Hopefully getting down to 98kgs.