+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys! I'm new and was wondering what is the average weight is here? I'm going to be TTC next year, currently I'm 125kg but will be working bloody hard to get down to 100kg before trying for no3! My two previous bubs I've had PE and hoping that it doesn't show this time round! With bub#1 I was 115kg when I got preg with bub#2 I was 118kg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Joalisha

I weigh 92.8kgs..Ive lost 3.5kgs in 2 weeks..hoping to lose another 10kgs before I fall preggers but not phased if I dont..Just want to be pregnant already

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Can I join? I am currently 119kg - down from 136kg, I gained alot of weight AFTER the birth of my daughter (15 months) I want to start ttc for #2 in a month.

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi beautiful girls!

Has been a very long time since i've been on here. Hope everyone is well and achieveng their weight loss goals.

Well as for me, I am going great guns and am now 91.3kgs. BMI:37. Only 3kgs more to go before we can start IVF! We are so excited that this is actually going to happen.

On the downside, it might have to be put on hold as my knee is givng me the s*$%s. Have had an x-ray, MRI and CT scan to figure out what is happening. I have a another appointment with the Ortho surgeon on the 3rd of May where he will compare all my scans and decide whether or not I need surgery. We've discussed with him our plans to start IVF in the next 1-2 months, and he thinks that I should get my knee fixed before we start the whole IVF process incase I do get UTD. Plus he also said that with pregnancy there is weight gain and would hate it if I end up with massive knee pain because of it and unable to take Neurofen or Panadene Forte to ease the pain like how I have been doing last couple of months. Both DH and I think it's the sensible choice to make, so will find out what he has to say when I go back and see him. If surgery is required, it will mean 6-8 weeks out of action. I guess that could be a blessing in disguise. Have the IVF treatment and then bed rest for a couple of weeks. No compalints from me.

Hope you are all well. Look forward to hearing from you all and all of your weight loss success stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

This is my very first post and have been diagnosed with PCOS about two years ago. DH and I now have been trying for over a year and half to no success.
    Today my gyno prescribed clomid and metformin. He has also said I need to lose weight which may help with TTC.
    Currently I have a BMI of 31.
    I have tried everything to shake off the weight but nothing seems to happen. It actually seems to creep up slowly rather than go down.
    I have been reading all the posts in this thread and it gives me the confidence that I too can lose the weight.
    I would love to hear from everyone else on how they have combat their weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clucky84 View Post
    Hi everyone.

This is my very first post and have been diagnosed with PCOS about two years ago. DH and I now have been trying for over a year and half to no success.
    Today my gyno prescribed clomid and metformin. He has also said I need to lose weight which may help with TTC.
    Currently I have a BMI of 31.
    I have tried everything to shake off the weight but nothing seems to happen. It actually seems to creep up slowly rather than go down.
    I have been reading all the posts in this thread and it gives me the confidence that I too can lose the weight.
    I would love to hear from everyone else on how they have combat their weight.
    Hi Clucky,

Welcome to this forum. You most certainly can lose weight and I know it's difficult. I have battled with my weight for a long time and have joined Jenny Craig which I find fabulous. In addition to this, I have incorporated a lunchtime walk which started off as a 30 minute stroll and has built up to a 45 minute walk/jog with push ups and tricep dips as well as stair running. My BMI has gone from 44 to 37 and I have lost 20kgs to date. I still want to lose at least another 20kg as I am hovering around 103kg, but I know that if I persist I can get there one day. I have recently started on Metformin and am waiting for my cycle (which stands at 39 days today) to end so I can begin Clomid.

Good luck in your journey and if you need any support or have questions re: Jenny Craig, please don't hesitate to ask. Plus a bonus for me if you join and mention my name is I get a $50 voucher on my food for the week.

Stay in touch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nturnbull1.

I have started on Metformin today and am already feeling the side effects. 4 hours after taking it, I had to run to the toilet. Not a good feeling. I hope my body adjusts to it soon because I don't want to feel like this all the time, not to mention the embarrassment of running to the toilet at work.

Its fantastic that you've lost 20kgs already, shows that hard work really does pay off. I don't think I'm ready to join any weight loss programs yet as I want to try and conquer it on my own. But I will definitely keep in mind about the Jenny Craig program.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clucky84 For This Useful Post:

hailzy  (23-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clucky,
    How many metformin tablets has your Dr prescribed? My dr started me off at 1 tablet/day to be taken with lunch around 12noon. After 2 weeks on only 1 tablet he increased me to 2 tabs/day with 2nd tablet to be taken with dinner. I have started feeling a little nauseous with the 2nd tab and my appetite has decreased but the nausea seems to be getting a little better now I have been taking 2 tabs/day for almost 1 week. He plans to increase me eventually to 3/day.

I had a gyno years ago prescribe 4 tabs/day. He didn't say anything about starting with just 1 and so now knowing any better I started with 4. I was so sick, couldn't eat and felt nauseous ALL the time, I ended up stopping the tablets.

Hope it gets better for you.

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    After my car accident, I ballooned up to 127kgs! I now weigh 89kgs and still losing the weight. No drugs or fad diets. Just excercise and healthy eating. I did have a gastric band put in in 06' to help and it's been great.

Good luck to you all in your weight loss. If I can do it, so can you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can i join please?? DH and I have been TTC since Feb last year and i used to a regular 28 days. Then in July for some reason I was 1 1/2 weeks late and was in MAJOR pain. Ever since then I've been so irregular. 40 days on one cycle, 57 the next, 74 at the most and now I'm currently on day 57. I was tested last week for PCOS but the test came back all clear so the dr is at a loss. He said we could be having trouble due to the fact i weigh 105kg. So I am going to try my hardest to lose it. The big motivator was SIL announcing she was 9 weeks! YAY! And she weighs 105kg too. So chin up ladies we can do this!