+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can I join you all?

Hello there!

I have been chatting to the lovely ladies in the "Over 40 and Pregnant ! finally ~" group, but with three M/Cs last year, my current focus is on weight loss before we try again, SO I must belong here!!

Will you have me??

I recently posted this on the other thread:
    There was a really good summary of the latest research on weight loss in last weekend's Australian newspaper: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226259949907 . I've got a copy of the full article if anyone wants it.

Given that the female body does amazing things during pregnancy and lactation, I would aim to lose the weight before it becomes your new 'norm'. That article has scared me/put the wind in my sails, so I was out walking our dog at 6am!

Everything else I have learned about weight loss is the following:
    • eat high protein, low carb, low GI
    • eat protein as a part of every meal including breakfast
    • eat seeds to clean out the system (poppy, sunflower, pepitas, sesame,chia)
    • replace all fats and oils with healthy ones (cold pressed olive, avocado, macadamia nut oil etc.)
    • replace one meal with a high protein, low carb shake if you're in a hurry to lose weight like me
    • drink a lot of water (1 cup per 10kg of body weight)
    • reduce the caffeine and cut the alcohol
    • exercise early in the morning and do it daily

The advice I have received on unstable blood sugar_which is the suspected cause of my miscarriages [and luteal phase defect]_is to eat every 2 to 3 hours. Basically, follow all the info for managing diabetes.

My good news is not a BFP, but a normal length period, 29 days! First time in years that it wasn't a short cycle and I've been overweight 85kg+ for about 5 years. I was sooooo excited - this sounds insane, who gets excited about CD 1 . So this is the plan for 2012: my DH and I will TTC after I have three normal length cycles in a row. Hopefully, if I fall pregnant again, I won't spend every waking minute expecting the worst.

I'm still having acupuncture and taking supplements from the naturopath.
    Now my weight is 104kg and my BMI is just on 35. As I'm 41 yo, it would not be wise to spend too much time on the weight loss BUT I don't want to lose another 3 months on an inevitable M/C

How much do you ladies believe our fertility is weight related instead of insulin and blood sugar related??

How will I know when to TTC again?

Love to hear some advice please

Have a good weekend, Pru

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Prue.

I believe that weight loss and fertility go hand-in-hand. For years I have had issues with PCOS and needed Metformin and had irregular periods/no O etc. Last month (after losing 13kgs at the time) I O'ed on my own and I had 2 beautiful follicles, one 22mm and the other 18mm, on cd14!

I am still (according to BMI tables) obese, so probably need to lose a further 35kgs, but I have lost 15kgs to date and am feeling good.

My 1st goal is to achieve 99.9, so I have another 9.1kg to go. Then when I get to that goal I want to try and get down to 80kg, and once there I don't see why I couldn't get to 75kg. It's a long way to go yet, but I am feeling so much better for it, even if it's only 15kgs at present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can I join? DP and I have been TTC for 8 months with no success. I thought we may have gotten our BFP last cycle as AF was very late (by a whole month!). I went to the doctor and Im being tested for PCOS.

Im also trying to lose weight but not getting very far and its very frustrating. I weigh 93.7kgs and although I dont look obese..according to the BMI table I am..which is very upsetting to me

The doctor told me I have to lose weight because if I get pregnant a normal hospital might not let me birth there if my BMI goes over 35. Has anybody had any experience with this? I wouldnt have thought Id be turned away from a hospital due to my size? I get the results of my tests next week and Im just feeling a little bit overwhelmed that I might be infertile/need fertility assistance and that Im trying to lose weight and its not happening. Feeling a little lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies, sorry i have been MIA for a while. i've got a decent internet connection tonight (which is hard to come by) so i wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing?i am definitely settled into life here and 'fiji time' is a wonderful thing! i am relaxed and happy and have managed to lsoe a few kilos along the way.
    welcome to the thread starflame my start weight was 81kg which gave me an obese BMI, i was petty shocked and upset when i found that out. im not sure how much weight i've lost but im sure i'm probably still in the obese range (damn being short!) anyway we are all here to support each other and lend an ear (or eyes really) when it's needed
    i hope everyone is doing well and we're having some weight loss successes. I wont be able to weigh myself while i'm here (scales are upwards of $100 - ridiculous) but i have been trying to exerise on a daily basis, been doing some hiking and swimming and do a 10km walk a few days a week. i
    promise i'll be around more often, i have missed BH waaaay too much to stay away lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    hi ladies, sorry i have been MIA for a while. i've got a decent internet connection tonight (which is hard to come by) so i wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing?i am definitely settled into life here and 'fiji time' is a wonderful thing! i am relaxed and happy and have managed to lsoe a few kilos along the way.
    welcome to the thread starflame my start weight was 81kg which gave me an obese BMI, i was petty shocked and upset when i found that out. im not sure how much weight i've lost but im sure i'm probably still in the obese range (damn being short!) anyway we are all here to support each other and lend an ear (or eyes really) when it's needed
    i hope everyone is doing well and we're having some weight loss successes. I wont be able to weigh myself while i'm here (scales are upwards of $100 - ridiculous) but i have been trying to exerise on a daily basis, been doing some hiking and swimming and do a 10km walk a few days a week. i
    promise i'll be around more often, i have missed BH waaaay too much to stay away lol
    Oh god I miss Fiji Time!!!! I went to Fiji with my best friend in 2008 and we had such a great relaxing time!!! Thanks for the welcome to the thread. Im trying to figure out what Im going to do. I have my Doctors appointment on Tuesday so I will find out then whether I have PCOS or not..The joy! Are you still TTC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Oh god I miss Fiji Time!!!! I went to Fiji with my best friend in 2008 and we had such a great relaxing time!!! Thanks for the welcome to the thread. Im trying to figure out what Im going to do. I have my Doctors appointment on Tuesday so I will find out then whether I have PCOS or not..The joy! Are you still TTC?
    ooo where abouts did you stay? i fell in love with fiji when i first came here in 2004. i was 14 at the time and actually met DH back then, fast forward 5 years and he'd moved to brissie and i'd moved to brissie, we met again through mutual friends and the rest is history haha

good luck with your dr apointment on tuesday! fingers crossed it isnt PCOS

we are still ttc, im trying to take a relaxed (as one possibly can anyway) approach to it, and the weight loss. SMEP and OPKs for me this cycle though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    ooo where abouts did you stay? i fell in love with fiji when i first came here in 2004. i was 14 at the time and actually met DH back then, fast forward 5 years and he'd moved to brissie and i'd moved to brissie, we met again through mutual friends and the rest is history haha

good luck with your dr apointment on tuesday! fingers crossed it isnt PCOS

we are still ttc, im trying to take a relaxed (as one possibly can anyway) approach to it, and the weight loss. SMEP and OPKs for me this cycle though.
    We stayed at the Naviti Resort on the Coral Coast. It was gorgeous!! Beautiful water and the people are just so friendly and awesome! I would definitely go back thats for sure!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I please join here?

We are not TTC until May but I'm trying to lose some weight beforehand (And struggling!) I'm 103.7 at the moment and hoping to get to 95 before May. We are going to USA for 5 weeks in May so I'm expecting to put on some weight then but I'm going to try hard not to over do it!

I'd love to be able to check in here and talk with everyone and see how everyone is going

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    We stayed at the Naviti Resort on the Coral Coast. It was gorgeous!! Beautiful water and the people are just so friendly and awesome! I would definitely go back thats for sure!!
    ooo i've been to the naviti before! only for dinner, but i had friends staying there so i got to check out their room and stuff, it seemed very nice! and i'm actually friends with the guy who runs the 'disco' there now haha he used t work at hideaway (i've stayed there 5 times) back in the day!

welcome princess we're all after the same result here (weightloss and a baby!) so you are most welcome to join us on your journey. 5 weeks in the US, that sounds amazing!! i'm currently on week 7 in Fiji, not exactly the same kind of location but a nice relazxing trip all the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Just because you have not been successful with your pregnancy, you don’t have to always think it is infertility, a crisis or a struggle and be disappointed with sadness and loss of hope. Various factors could be the contributory reasons; an important reason could be a simple case of restoring your energy fields. Energy medicine (interestingly, energy medicine does not require you to consume any medicinal products) premises that peak performance of organs including female reproductive organs may be hindered by disrupted energy channel pathways. Also known as energy vortexes or chakras, they envelop the organs and influence the health of the organs located in the respective energy vortex. Many people have been able to conceive and have happy babies with the use of scalar energy generating devices such as a pendant or bracelet for a few weeks to a few months. As Australia’s largest distributor of scalar energy devices we stock genuine products which are very inexpensive, non-invasive and easy use. They help unblock the energy vortexes to enhance and restore the energy flow to the optimal level. We don’t guarantee that this works in all cases but customers have also reported a range of other health benefits Three very recent cases: The first lady had her first child via expensive IVF procedure and doctors told her that she could never have another baby but she did with the use of our scalar energy pendant. In the second case, a senior sales representative at the local BMW dealership, married for several years conveyed the good news that his wife was pregnant after using a borrowed product-. The baby is now 8 months old. In the third case, a lawyer friend that me last week that he was pleasantly surprised that his wife is expecting a baby, later in September this year. Thank you for your time and best wishes Please do not hesitate to contact if you require more information at tvasudav@gmail.com