+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pizza (although at least pizza has 5 food groups).

Hahaha I love this!! Can't stop giggling

Hi electric rodeo, so sorry for your loss
    Of course we don't mind you joining ib
    Last edited by siege; 05-02-2012 at 17:27.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siege View Post

I have worked in a pizza shop and alo done some nutritional training (very littly really) and i maintail that a supreme pizza is well balanced. It does depend on the base but definitely say it's the btter option of fast food.

XOOMing in to the hub from the couch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks siege

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hello everyone who has joined our wee group! its nice knowing we arent alone in our long and difficult journeys to conceive

Ive been trying hard to stay focused the past 2 weeks but things are all over the place in my life at the moment. My husband is moving away for work so I will be husbandless for 4 days a week... its stressing me out because we have never been apart in the 5 years we have been together, but I know this is what is best for him as a person and us as a couple so I am learning to deal with it. Its going to play havoc with TTC though, us being apart, but he is only 1.5 hours up the road so I can always nip up to his new house if O day happens to fall on the days he is away hehehe.

I have lost 2kg this week, im actually really quite proud of myself! I have been having diet shakes morning and night and for lunches have been eating as much green foods as I can get my hand on (some yummy some not so yummy) Im doing this because all my research into TTC all seems to point towards green food being best? Broccoli, spinach, 2x kiwi fruit every day. Also carrots and a boiled egg, and I started taking evening primrose oil and royal jelly in an effort to concieve. With DH moving away, this also means we will no longer be able to see our FS for at least 6 months. This is mainly because of the distance so traveling with DH's sample on my lap for 2 hours to be able to do IUI is obviously not ideal and also we cant afford it now that we are effectively running 2 households

It breaks my heart knowing there is a baby in waiting that could be conceived and now wont be just yet, but like I said earlier, it is for the best and this is another reason why all my new found research and 'green foods' are really important..... heres hoping we can make a baby on our own.... Havent been able to the last 4 years but ya never know! Being apart I think is going to help with weight loss, on both our parts. We usually take turns i being the weak one and giving in to temptation so without the other person there, I know for myself at least I will stick to my shakes and will exercise alot more... mainly because ill have nothing else to do and no one to talk to except all our furrbabies
    I know how you feel Hun. My DH has been working away for the last 15 years. He works on a mine site, so it's not 1.5 hours away like you and DH. It's more like a 2 hour flight! You've very lucky that you can just drive up the road when it's time to lay that golden egg. I never got that opportunity which is probably why we're still childless.

And well done on the 2kgs weight loss. That's awesome! And you should definitely be proud of yourself. Keep up the great work.

I don't mean to pry and you don't have to answer this question if you don't have to, but have you had any tests done as to why you're still not UTD? I'm just saying that because we've been TTC for 5 years now and although i've been UTD 3 times, I ended up MC all 3, but after my last MC in April 09', my Dr was wonder why I couldn't fall PG again even though I did OT and stuff. It wasn't until I went and had a HyCoSy done this time last year, they found that both my tubes were blocked. I mean if you've already been tested and theres nothing wrong, that's great. But coming from my experience, I think it's worth doing just to make sure. Cover all bases so you know what you're dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Rodeo View Post
    Is it too late to join in?

My DH and I have been TTC since April last year after our DD was born sleeping Have had several chemicals in that time and a major health scare that has seen me get back on the weightloss wagon, even though it had pretty much sped off without me

I was 105kg when I got sick and have worked my way down to 91kg. Would ideally like to get to just under 80kg and maintain.

Am hoping further weightloss will mean we conceive a sticky bub as well as make symptoms disappear for a medical condition I have.

I have just been tracking calories religiously and it seems to be working, no exercise as yet. I'm not starving but eating FAR less than I was when I was off track.

Hope you don't mind me joining in.
    Welcome Electric Rodeo!

I am so sorry for you loss. I hope that with you doing so great with you're weight loss, you'll be UTD in no time and holding a happy, healthy bubba.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    I don't mean to pry and you don't have to answer this question if you don't have to, but have you had any tests done as to why you're still not UTD? I'm just saying that because we've been TTC for 5 years now and although i've been UTD 3 times, I ended up MC all 3, but after my last MC in April 09', my Dr was wonder why I couldn't fall PG again even though I did OT and stuff. It wasn't until I went and had a HyCoSy done this time last year, they found that both my tubes were blocked. I mean if you've already been tested and theres nothing wrong, that's great. But coming from my experience, I think it's worth doing just to make sure. Cover all bases so you know what you're dealing with.

Not prying at all

We have had all testing done, it just took us 3 years to get to that stage because every GP I seen either told me I was to young to worry about it (trying for 12 months and was only 22yo) or that I was fat and had to lose weight.
    I finnaly found a GP that would listen to me and at that stage I was haviong 15 day cycles, so she sent me for bloods/ultra sound thinking I had PCOS but all my hormones are exactly where they are meant to be and there were no cysts on my ovaries so she had to refer me to a FS because everything was pointing to a LP defect.
    FS did more bloods, more scans and DH had semen analysis done, and as before no cysts, hormones normal and DH levels were... ahhhem "through the roof" He sent us away with a clomid script but we were told not to DTD incase it worked and I was UTD at the lap surgery
    My apendix burst when I was 18 and he was concerneced that my tubes may be damaged/blocked as a result. We did a Laparoscopy/hysteroscopy and all that was normal. I ovulated the day he did the op, he was very excited that he acutally got to see it happening while he was in there
    Turns out my body doesnt produce enough FSH on its own, the cycles that I was ovulating (very VERY few and far between) I was having 40+ day cycles so wasnt ovulation until around day 32 which he said was bad because the longer it takes for the follicles to develop, the more unviable those follicles become. Basically my follies would get to around 15mm and take 30 odd days to get there, then just pop at that size
    Had to get over my fear of needles veeeeeery quickly!! I did 3 clomid + Puregon cycles teamed with IUI last year. All 3 were unsucsessful though

So yes, all testing done, we are "unexplained" god I HATE that word!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks hopeful, I hope it does the trick too. Where are you up to in your journey? Currently ttc?

Siege, that would have been awesome to see ovulation from a birds eye view. The body is pretty amazing, sucks it can also break as well as it works So from your ticker it says you are waiting till Sept? Are you trying to lose weight till then or something else happening?

Had weigh in this morning and have lost a kilo this week. Don't think the pile of pork crackle I had for dinner last night helped lol. I had saved calories all day but man that stuff has soooo many calories. It was so good though lol.

I will have my positive OPK by tonight. Only cd12 so quite early for some reason. My ob has put me on daily aspirin, high strength folate and when I get a BFP I have progesterone pessaries to start. First month trying the new concoction so FX it works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea losing weight and also with DH away for work, continuing with IUI cycles is impossible. My private health insurance waiting time ends in September and hopefully by then the house would have sold and DH and I would be living together full time again so we will look at starting IUI again or even jumping to IVF as we will have some extra cash.
    Till then we will have fun and try and work ovulation into our schedules hahaha

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not prying at all

We have had all testing done, it just took us 3 years to get to that stage because every GP I seen either told me I was to young to worry about it (trying for 12 months and was only 22yo) or that I was fat and had to lose weight.
    I finnaly found a GP that would listen to me and at that stage I was haviong 15 day cycles, so she sent me for bloods/ultra sound thinking I had PCOS but all my hormones are exactly where they are meant to be and there were no cysts on my ovaries so she had to refer me to a FS because everything was pointing to a LP defect.
    FS did more bloods, more scans and DH had semen analysis done, and as before no cysts, hormones normal and DH levels were... ahhhem "through the roof" He sent us away with a clomid script but we were told not to DTD incase it worked and I was UTD at the lap surgery
    My apendix burst when I was 18 and he was concerneced that my tubes may be damaged/blocked as a result. We did a Laparoscopy/hysteroscopy and all that was normal. I ovulated the day he did the op, he was very excited that he acutally got to see it happening while he was in there
    Turns out my body doesnt produce enough FSH on its own, the cycles that I was ovulating (very VERY few and far between) I was having 40+ day cycles so wasnt ovulation until around day 32 which he said was bad because the longer it takes for the follicles to develop, the more unviable those follicles become. Basically my follies would get to around 15mm and take 30 odd days to get there, then just pop at that size
    Had to get over my fear of needles veeeeeery quickly!! I did 3 clomid + Puregon cycles teamed with IUI last year. All 3 were unsucsessful though

So yes, all testing done, we are "unexplained" god I HATE that word!!
    Awww, Hun. I'm sorry you had to go through all that and your fertility was still unexplained. Not knowing is truely the worst part of TTC. I was like that until last year. I am so grateful to my DR who ordered the HyCoSy. If didn't have it done, DH and I would still be kicking ourselves and wondering why i'm not UTD yet. At least we know now and can take things from here.

I hope that they can do something for you, Sweetie. Sounds like you've been throught the wringer like me, so I know where you're coming from. that something good happens soon for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Rodeo View Post
    Thanks hopeful, I hope it does the trick too. Where are you up to in your journey? Currently ttc?

Siege, that would have been awesome to see ovulation from a birds eye view. The body is pretty amazing, sucks it can also break as well as it works So from your ticker it says you are waiting till Sept? Are you trying to lose weight till then or something else happening?

Had weigh in this morning and have lost a kilo this week. Don't think the pile of pork crackle I had for dinner last night helped lol. I had saved calories all day but man that stuff has soooo many calories. It was so good though lol.

I will have my positive OPK by tonight. Only cd12 so quite early for some reason. My ob has put me on daily aspirin, high strength folate and when I get a BFP I have progesterone pessaries to start. First month trying the new concoction so FX it works.
    Technically speaking, i'm not TTC as it will never happen for us naturally because of my 2 blocked tubes, so our only hope is to have IVF and in order for us to have IVF, I have to have a BMI of less than 35. That means I have to weigh 85kgs or less. So right now it's all about the weight loss which is going really well. So far 30kgs down! I'm currently sitting at 97kgs so only 12kgs to go! After 5 years of TTC, I can finally see the light at the end of what was once a very dark, gloomy tunnel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I would love to join this group.

I have been overweight for a long time now and had a starting weight in October 2011 of 123.6kg. I am hovering at about 111kg and my 1st goal is to get down to 99.9kg, then after I get there I can re-adjust my goal as I think 80kg would be ideal and very maintainable.

I am also on Jenny Craig and in the past 2 weeks have started bringing my gym clothes and shoes with me to work and going for a 45min-1hr walk at lunch about 3 days/week. I feel crazy going in the heat of the middle of the day and am a Solicitor so end up back at work all sweaty, but I make sure I have no clients in the afternoon so it's only me in my office that suffers lol. But if I don't go at lunch by the time I get home from work exercise is the last thing I want to do!!!

Anyway, I had my 1st cycle of follicle tracking whereby my FS didn't give me any drugs, he just wanted to see if I would O on my own as past FS (different to this one) told me I had PCOS and endo. So that FS gave Clomid for 3 mths, limited supervision/tracking and when it didn't work referral to IVF which only got me 1 embryo which resulted in a BFN.

So this FS is amazing and his approach is soooo different. I went for a scan on cd10 thinking I don't O until later in the month (according to my first FF chart last month) and surprise...I had a 13mm follicle. So 2 more scans later and on CD14 my follicles were 22mm and 18mm, both on my left ovary. A trigger shot was given so I would have O'ed around CD15 (almost a perfect 28 day cycle!). I had O symptoms and everything - I couldn't believe it, although a bit painful it was far outweighed by the amazing feeling of O'ing on my own!!!

I am now 7dpo today and Fx it has worked this month.

My Fertility nurse said my weightloss of almost 13kgs is very likely the reason I have O'ed on my own.

Sorry for the very long post.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Something new to try

Well today I have been to see a dr alla sakala about weight loss. Was very interesting group session first followed up by her weighing u and putting acupuncture things on your ears. We are starting the eating plan next Monday howere due to some social commitments this weekend. Will let u all know how it goes tis all about ketosis and is a protein based diet which after the initial three days you start peeing on a ketosis stick to measure the ketones in your urine you then add in a food ie broccoli for instance and half an hour later pee on a stick again to see if the ketones have changed if they have changed two or more colours this is a food that will put on weight for u!! Tis very interesting we will c how it goes!! Wish me luck