+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Overweight and TTC ..

Anyone who wants to join please feel free!! Either just to chat or to be included in names below. If you want your name added below can you pls PM me (if you put it in thread I may not see it!)

GOOD LUCK!!

ETA - we are still working out a day where we may report in on our progress either weight, emotional, committment wise.

Angelini– TTC for 8mths– Starting Weight:115kg Goal Weight:Minus 10%ish/100kg(first goal)Current Weight:115kg Commitments:

Bodelly
    – TTC for – Starting Weight: Goal Weight:Current Weight:Commitments:

Buttoneska – TTC for 18mths – Starting Weight:117kg Goal Weight:minus 10%/99kgCurrent Weight:114kg Commitments:Food diary + exercise 3 times a week

Bodelly– TTC for – Starting Weight: Goal Weight:Current Weight:Commitments:

MrsTuilawa– TTC for – Starting Weight: Goal Weight:loss 20kgCurrent Weight:Commitments:

Hopefulmum2b– TTC for 5yrs (blocked tubes/IVF)– Starting Weight:1247g Goal Weight:FIRST GOAL UNDER 100KG ACHIEVED!!! Next goal 85kg/BMI35Current Weight:97kgCommitments:Jenny Craig and personal trainer/treadmill

Siege
    – TTC for 4.5yrs– Starting Weight:124kg Goal Weight:minus 10%/112kg(first goal)Current Weight:1228kg Commitments:Use treadmilll ?

Last edited by Buttoneska; 09-01-2012 at 16:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I'm one. I still have baby weight from my last pregnancy ... It gets me down a lot. But I must admit I don't do anything about it. I'm stuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey Bodelly its hard isn't it. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I still don't know what the answer is though. I am reaching the point where I am getting so fed up with it that I feel like something has to give soon. I do feel like this yr will be the turning point where I start making the changes I need to make.

Oh yeh a little about me.

DH and I have been together for 10yrs, married for 3. I fell pregnant by accident back in 2009 when I was around 100kg. It ended in a miscarriage. We have been offically trying for 18mths and I have somehow expanded to 115kg.

People having been asking me for about 12mth now when we are having kids, I used to say next yr/soon but now that im not having any luck, I don't really say much. I kinda down play it all now which makes me sad, but I don't really know what else to say.

DH and I are in two minds about kids, I don't think we would do IVF/fertitility but hopefully if I get into shape this will resolve itself anyway?

I know ppl say being overweight doesn't make you unhealthy but I don't see how that can be true tbh. I just went to dr for check up and some suport to get healthier and we did bloods. my cholestrol is high and i have a fatty liver. he said even if i lose only 10% of my body weight I greatly improve my chances of concieving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    may i join? DH and i have just started TTC #1 but i'm concerned that we will have problems as both DH and i are overweight. i need to lose 20kg to get into a healthy BMI range. DH would need to lose about the same.

he is in fiji at the moment, and i will be joining him there in january. i'm hoping we can find the motivation together to lose some weight whilst we are TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome mrstuilawa

there are lots of ppl who fall pregnant when they are overweight, and many ppl who are healthy weight who don't fall pregnant. but its probably always good to try to be fitter/healthier. I spose even running after kids its helpful.

what are you doing in fiji? where you the hubber that started the thread about ABI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks buttoneska

yeah that's very true!! i guess in my mind if i lose weight and am fitter my body will be more prepared and able to carry a baby!! good motivation to try and lose weight i guess lol

yeah that was me that started the ABI thread, i'll be joining DH in fiji until we can get his visa sorted and hopefully we'll be back in aus together in july

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am not TTCing, but I wanted to encourage you guys. It is possible to fall pg at a large weight. I was over 150kgs with four of my babies. With my fifth I was 178kgs. I found that the 10% rule really worked for me. In fact I can name a different diet that I was on just before i fell pregnant with each one of my kids. Until this bub (this bub I had lost a lot but wasn't ttc) the most I had lost was 15 kgs to fall pregnant.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 31-12-2011 at 09:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks loving6 - my first goal is to get from 115 to 99 which is kinda 10%ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats great to hear loving6, what is this diet you speak of??

ps buttoneska i love your sig, reminds me of juno haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrst - fingers crossed things pan out in fiji and you can get hubby home quick smart! seems like its the last thing you guys shoudl be dealing with right now.

yeh its the song we had at our wedding - luv it