User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Panadol during pregnacy

Hi, is it OK to take paracetamol during pregnancy? I feel a rotton cold coming on and don't know if I'm allowed to take panadol or any other drugs to treat it. Any advice...??

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Paracetamol/Panadol is fine to take during pregnancy. As long as you stick to the recommended dosage of course!

You should keep away from all the other pills though, like nurofen etc. Check with your pharmacist if the panadol doesn't help.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

DD - 24.8.2011
    DS - 22.2.2005
    LJ 25.3.2008 Ectopic

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep - my ob told me panadol was fine to take. but not to take anything that was asprin-based like Nurofen. Until he told me that i didn't even realise that Nurofen was asprin-based!
    MEHIMMUNCHY&SQUIRMY

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was told same panadol was fine as long as u dont hav emore then u supposed to BUT dont take anything with asprin or Ibeprofen (sp?) in it
    Single Mum to 3 girls Dec00 - Feb06 - Nov08

:skywriter:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi, i know how you feel. I had a cold when I was pg last time and the doctors told me that I had to fight it off myself. Paracetamol is allowed during pg but panadeine, codeine and all the other strong ones I would ask your GP first. You also can't take cold and flu tablets during pg either. I think if you were going to take any type of medications, you should ask your GP first, to be on the safe side.

jaydensmum.
    Naomi (me) 27 - Vince (DP)
    DS Jayden Garry - 07/04/05 - DSS Mathew James 09/03/04
    DD Alethea Faith -07/07/06 - DD Ariana Grace 25/06/08
    DD Oceana Skye - Angel-born 17/07/07 at 18wks
    http://www.babysites.com/sites/oceana

*We are in the process of adding to our family*

Thanks
    Reviews

Post colds

Thanks everyone for your advice. Do you know if it's dangerous for the baby if I have a cold and fever (raised body temperature etc)??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a shocking cold, fever etc at about 38 weeks and rang the hospital in the middle of the night worried about a fever affecting the baby. They told me that the baby was fine and were more worried about my coughing fits starting labour . If you are at all worried though, check with your GP or OB or midwife - better to be safe than sorry.

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Use panadol/paracetamol as it is ok. If you are in pain, you can use codiene under doctors advice only. I was given this in March as I was in incredible pain and it is stated in all of the texts that the doctor consulted that it was ok in pregnancy. I made him check several sources before I would take them!

Ok, not wanting to scare you, but don't let your fever get too high or your body too run down ... I had the flu which had me spiking a fever of over 40.5C in March and it turned to bi-lateral pneumonia. I was hospitalised due to starting bleeding (I was 11wks pg) and it was discovered that my organs were shutting down and if I hadn't have got to the hospital I would have been dead by morning. I had an ultrasound a few days later when I was stable enough to lie down without choking for a short period and it was discovered that my baby had died the day before I had started taking any medications. My due date was today (29/09/05) and I am having a very emotional time of it in the last couple of weeks.

Bottom line .... take care of yourself, don't feel that you are being paranoid if you want to check everything out, take panadol in moderation and get plenty of rest.

Take care ...
    Holding four sweet babies forever in my heart ... Nikki, Sam, Alyssa and Ruby

Holding three beautiful children here in my arms ... Bella, Daniel and Anna
    Read our heartkid, Ruby's story HERE

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Drugs in pregnancy

Panadol is a category A drug, which means that it is perfectly safe to take during pregnancy as is Panadeine, but like anything, always check with your Dr or pharmacist first before taking any drugs while pregnant.

p.s Big hug to Kyra

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Curious question:

How come Panadol is okay but Asprin isnt?

Ps. I have a cold too. Sob sob, sook soon! Woe is me!
    Me He and the Terrible Twosome

The unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates