+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default loving6 (and other BHers with children of varying ages)

I have a question for all those hubbers who have children of varying ages/various stages in life.

In the same yr Loving6 will have a DD going off to uni and a newborn child?!??!

It's spins me out and I wonder how you get your head around it or if its just an everday part of life that you don't think about?

In my mind I just think of all those yrs/energy put into the first one and then goign you have all that in front of you AGAIN with the newborn - thats along time until you have time to yourself again. But I guess its also alot more yrs of having young children around which is blessings and amazing moments?

BTW - this isn't intentioned as a crack at anyone who does this or doesn't do this - I was just wondering how mentally you process this/feel about it. To me (who doens't have a kid) I imagine having kids one day and devoting myself to them for 20yrs and then reclaiming some of my own life back. Ie. travel/retire etc etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (30-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It spins me out too.

I am still trying to get my head around it.

Next year (3 weeks actually) DD1 turns 18 she will then move to the other side of the country only 3 weeks after that.
    Ds2 will start school (pre prep)
    Ds1 will become a teenager
    I will have a baby
    Not to mention Dd2 and Dd3.

So when you you read my post and they look like this you know of lost the last shred of brain I had left.

In all seriousness if there is such a thing in my life. I am a total nut job.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i think you must be totally amazing and selfless

i don't know if i would be able to do it to be totally honest.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (30-12-2011),NancyBlackett  (30-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think loving 6 is a legend and always has great advice x

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to october For This Useful Post:

2BabyBears  (06-01-2012),LoveLivesHere  (30-12-2011),MuminMind  (30-12-2011),NancyBlackett  (30-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It spins me out too loving6.

DD18 will go to uni.

DS last yr of primary

DD last yr of pre school

DS will be nearly 2.

I am always running around in 10 different directions, trying to get multiple things done as I go. I think you just get used to it, really I don't know if I could of handled the small gaps that some people have. Now I think that would 'really' spin me out

9. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by onionskin View Post
    It spins me out too loving6.

DD18 will go to uni.

DS last yr of primary

DD last yr of pre school

DS will be nearly 2.

I am always running around in 10 different directions, trying to get multiple things done as I go. I think you just get used to it, really I don't know if I could of handled the small gaps that some people have. Now I think that would 'really' spin me out
    I must admit I love my life. Big gaps definitely have their advantages. I have both 3 big gaps and 2 small ones.
    Each child and each age brings it own blessing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by october View Post
    I think loving 6 is a legend and always has great advice x
    I think this too. Having met her too, you would be flat out trying to find someone like her. She is awesome. So prepared, most likely has a million things running around in her mind but always know whats what when the time comes.

Jen, your a legend!

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (30-12-2011),MuminMind  (30-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My friends mum has a 22 year old a 18 month grand child and a 3 year old child and she is the best mum I know.!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    I must admit I love my life. Big gaps definitely have their advantages. I have both 3 big gaps and 2 small ones.
    Each child and each age brings it own blessing.
    I agree. OMG soon you will have 6. How lovely

15. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Although not as courageous as loving6 this year began with my DD1 starting highschool, DD2 starting kindergarten and my DS was a newborn (premmie due in feb born in Dec).... My eldest and I are like sisters chat about everything yet maintain respect for our roles, when disciplinary action is required which is rare it's more of a discussion!
    My DD1 is turning 13 in 2 weeks and as DD2 will be 6 and DS just 1 (10mths corrected) I'm not sure if I want the freedom of no little bubbas just yet hmmmm thinking lol 😃

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummypants For This Useful Post: