+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    and congrats on your bub.

We had some lovely and some dam rude ones. I try and not let them get to me.
    My bubs are all loved and wanted and that's what really matters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree this friend is no friend at all. I wouldn't cop her attitude at all- this is your baby, your child she's talking about

Congratulations lovely pay no attention to her you have every right to be happy and excited

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ((HUGS))

I hate the judgment on mothers with kids with different fathers. Seriously.

A friend wouldnt make comments like that - you know yourself best and what you can cope with and what is best for you and your family - and no one has any place saying otherwise!

Congratulations xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ComeBackKid For This Useful Post:

laurea  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really wouldn't indulge her company anymore if i were you. She should know you better than anyone and if this is her opinion of you then you have to wonder why she calls herself your friend at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On paper it does look bad. It's not the ideal situation however if you and the kids are happy and healthy then that's all that matter!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happygirl1982... How does it look bad on paper? Not sure what u mean?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kele80 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (02-01-2012),share a book  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kele80 View Post
    Hi, I am currently 5 weeks pregnant, and even though it's early on I have told my best friend about the news. To say she was negative was an understatement.. I already have 3 boys, 11, 6 and 3. My 6 yr old was diagnosed with aspergers in December 2010, so I have had ongoing therapy sessions with him. My ex husband and I separated in February, 2010 and this baby is my new partners 1st baby. I have 2 dads already for my 3 children and am well aware of the comments that will be made by people in general that I have 4 kids to 3 different dads. What I didn't expect was for my best friend to tell me the worse thing I could do was have this baby, as I can't handle the 3 I already have!!! I was really hurt by this statement and feel that our relationship is damaged...
    I can see how some people would think your situation is not 'ideal'. 3 kids to 2 different dads and a pregnant to a partner that seems fairly recent...However I agree with other PP..Its nobody else business to judge you for your choices. People are much to quick to judge these days. My brother and I have different dads and sometimes people would look down on my mum for that but they dont know her situation.

If your friend was your friend she wouldnt tell you how to live your life. I can definitely see how you think the relationship is damaged. What a b!tch. A baby is a blessing and as long as you are happy and your kids are happy thats all that matters. You have every right to have as big a family as you want. Congratulations!! I hope you feel better soon and dont worry about what people think about anything..Its your life you live it the way it makes you happy!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starflame For This Useful Post:

laurea  (02-01-2012),Mulva  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in exactly the same boat lovely. This will be my 4th, and my husbands first.. my other 3 are to 2 other fathers... As far as I'm concerned if you're happy who has the right to judge your circumstances, you can't help the past only be there for your children who are all that matter. Your friend SHOULD have been supportive no matter what, that is what friends are for.

But I do know where you are coming from my Mum of all people couldn't wait to tell me how stupid I was for even thinking about having a 4th... and that she wouldn't dream of it, I quickly told her that I'm not her so deal... She's doing ok with it now she knows it's not her choice.

I wish you all the best and if you ever need to chat don't hesitate

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ksweett For This Useful Post:

laurea  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People can be so damn insensitive! I am sorry this happened to you! I have had a miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy and now just over 12 weeks pregnancy with little Miracle. First time I had a couple of friends I told straight away and then I miscarried. Obviously when I fell pregnant the second time no one pretty much knew, including DH's family. We announced this pregnancy to family once I had the NT scan which was after Xmas and his sister was like "Why didn't you tell us when we were altogether at Christmas?" Um, excuse me? People obviously forget stuff! Then I put it on FB (well actually just the scan and let people come to their own conclusions) right on 12 weeks which was also NY day. One of my friends was like "Why didn't you tell us?" So I had a good go at her on her lol saying we waited till after the scan because of the 1st miscarriage. She never replied back to that. Everyone else has been great. Mum and Dad are really excited (first grandchild and they know about the other 2 losses).

You really learn who your friends and support are when you announce a pregnancy, that's for sure

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CypKitty For This Useful Post:

laurea  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agreed CYpkitty

Why didn't you tell them? How come when someone is having a baby all these people come out of the woodwork wanting to make this about them? It's infuriating. All of a sudden your life is open to critisism?
    You had a miscarriage- der. Of course you would not go telling people straight away after having to announce losing your baby to all the people you told first time. Sorry you had to go through that